IGNORED

Centre back numbers

Never mind the loss of Webster....is anyone else seriously worried by our sheer lack of numbers and cover at CB? That is without worrying about the quality of cover. I get why the club sold Webster but it makes the decision to send Vyner out very strange to say the least. Espeically as Baker and Wright are hardly known for being injury free. Who is the next in line from the U23s or academy?

1 minute ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Never mind the loss of Webster....is anyone else seriously worried by our sheer lack of numbers and cover at CB? That is without worrying about the quality of cover. I get why the club sold Webster but it makes the decision to send Vyner out very strange to say the least. Espeically as Baker and Wright are hardly known for being injury free. Who is the next in line from the U23s or academy?

Yep I've said it numerous times since window closed. Incredible we go into the season with 4 CBS, but had 6 last season when you include Pisano and Kelly who both had minutes there.

We must surely have one great prospect ready to come in if needed. Baker and Wright both injury prone.

So we've got 4 centre backs in the squad currently.  3 of which are proven championship quality defenders (albeit two with potential fitness problems) and the other is a promising young player who we spent a few million on.

How many do you think we should have?

1 minute ago, Roe said:

So we've got 4 centre backs in the squad currently.  3 of which are proven championship quality defenders (albeit two with potential fitness problems) and the other is a promising young player who we spent a few million on.

How many do you think we should have?

4 isn't enough. We get 2 unavailable which could easily happen and we are in serious trouble.

2 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

LJ said in the interview that he’s looking at the OOC players at the moment so we may have someone soon. 

Doesn't look like many options. Ashley Williams is dodgy. Though i would take him now.

51 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

4 isn't enough. We get 2 unavailable which could easily happen and we are in serious trouble.

Doesn't look like many options. Ashley Williams is dodgy. Though i would take him now.

Is there a list?  Any other contenders?  Williams declined since he left Swansea.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Is there a list?  Any other contenders?  Williams declined since he left Swansea.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=3&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Quite a lot on there so maybe better options than Williams

6 minutes ago, Enoch said:

Very short on numbers especially if we carry on playing with 3 CBs. Unlike last season we haven't got the full backs to slot in as a 3. 

If I'd known we were loaning out Vyner I would have said give Eros another year. Looked really good the two times he played centre back.

20 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Eros still available!! 

Well..bring him back LJ!!!!

He was brilliant at centre back vs Plymouth and QPR. Ok, only 2 games. But for me he is a centre back if that's how he plays. He was constantly taking on the strikers and defended aggressively and very well.

Former Nigerian international Efe Ambrose is considered to be a ball playing CB and is on the list.

No idea how good he is now, but he played for Celtic and Hibs.  However, he didn’t get any game time while at Derby earlier this year as he was unable to displace Keogh or Tomori.

1 hour ago, miketh2nd said:

Ekstrand  ....???

See this is why I don't see only having 4 centre backs as a serious concern at all.

If we got someone else in just to add numbers all we'd be doing is wasting money at best and at worst you'd end up playing an out of sorts wildcard who could be well off the pace.

6 hours ago, Roe said:

See this is why I don't see only having 4 centre backs as a serious concern at all.

If we got someone else in just to add numbers all we'd be doing is wasting money at best and at worst you'd end up playing an out of sorts wildcard who could be well off the pace.

Depends if Johnson likes the idea of playing 3 at the back , i think its a wasted formation unless you have a webster/ayling who can bring it out from the back. 

I do agree with  not signing a ooc player for the sake of it.

Archived