IGNORED

COD in the stand

Unan

He did full warm up with the team, same as did a couple of others who didn't make the bench. We are going to travel with up to 3/4 players who are not going to even be in the squad due to the size at the moment.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Poor last week, change of system.....

....looks like he’s still to sign a contract.

The transfer window is still open in Europe. His agent is probably talking to Real Madrid now. Or possibly he's going back to Oxford on loan.

Its clear no other club is overly interested in him (as no one has taken him for what we wanted - which I cant imagine was a lot), we have made it clear we would like to keep him (by meeting his demands).

I don't see what he thinks is available to him outside of Bristol City, as a bit part player here its quite obvious he isn't going to step up to a prem side and I would be surprised if he got a better offer another team.

I have no problem with O'Dowda as long as he is trying, which i thought he did last week. He is still our player and doesn't have to sign anything. We sign other out of contract players and don't think any less of them for letting their contract run down.

2 minutes ago, lou2BS7 said:

Looked like he was talking to family. No fans gave a s***. When he went to leave the row of seats a few people didn’t even bother to move out the way for him 

Reminds me of a player who we wanted to buy from Bolton. 

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Its clear no other club is overly interested in him (as no one has taken him for what we wanted - which I cant imagine was a lot), we have made it clear we would like to keep him (by meeting his demands).

I don't see what he thinks is available to him outside of Bristol City, as a bit part player here its quite obvious he isn't going to step up to a prem side and I would be surprised if he got a better offer another team.

Despite my rather sarcastic post above, I suspect he has been led up the garden path by his agent (and possibly his Dad it seems) looking to make money out of him.

Players need representation of course but some of them need to learn to think for themselves. Now he either has to put his ego aside and sign or sit mostly on the side lines for a year. He is in danger of getting a bad reputation and wasting his talent.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Despite my rather sarcastic post above, I suspect he has been led up the garden path by his agent (and possibly his Dad it seems) looking to make money out of him.

Players need representation of course but some of them need to learn to think for themselves. Now he either has to put his ego aside and sign or sit mostly on the side lines for a year. He is in danger of getting a bad reputation and wasting his talent.

Agree. 

He really is, at the very best, a bit below average for a championship player. 

God knows how much he thinks he's worth. I'm sure far less than we've offered him now. His performance last week won't have alerted any managers in our division, other than to say he's not currently at the races. 

2 hours ago, lou2BS7 said:

Looked like he was talking to family. No fans gave a s***. When he went to leave the row of seats a few people didn’t even bother to move out the way for him 

I was one of them, big black coat, didn’t realise It was him, I thought it was another fan trying to stand on top of me in an already crammed stand.

I’m no self proclaimed alpha but it surprised me how weak he was at attempting to get through.

2 hours ago, Stortz said:

Him and his dad can piss right off.

Nobody wanted him, he's going to go for free in January.

Just **** off Callum.

Blimey, he’s upset you, hasn’t he?

And his Dad... were you a bit angry about  Zack  Clough, perhaps?

19 minutes ago, bcdc said:

Blimey, he’s upset you, hasn’t he?

And his Dad... were you a bit angry about  Zack  Clough, perhaps?

He hasn't looked interested in months and was obviously convinced he was off to greener pastures.

A lack of effort seriously pisses me off!

But we can't moan too much, because his dad pulled exactly the same stunt at Oxford to get him here.

Archived