IGNORED

COD in the stand

Unan

44 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Assuming it's still on the table. 

Hopefully, if an offer still stands it has been revised back to the original and not the enhanced one  - there has to be a sanction for the messing around, otherwise there is no deterrent for others 'playing hard to get games' in future. Trust is a two way street and young COD has been driven up it the wrong way!  ?  

Doesn’t deserve the grief.

Yes, he should’ve signed the deal when we offered what he wanted but he didn’t and we have to let sleeping dogs lie. If he wants to sign it now then sign away, the terms were obviously amenable to the club for them to offer it.

Poorly advised, but causes no harm.

Give the lad a break and get behind the team. 

11 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Rather than being after the money, could it just be he wants regular football?

He has never had much of a run in our team, and more unlikely than ever to get one now. Anyone who is half a footballer might be inclined to seek a new team rather than steal a wage on a bench or in the reserves.

Just wanted to flag an alternative motive....

Most footballers want regular football,, rather than warming the bench. He’s at an age where he needs to play regularly and even when he was doing well he’s never really got that run of games. Bit like Matty Taylor & back in the day JET.  

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Fair play if he signs a new contract with us. Obviously spent time thinking about what he wants and come to that decision. No problem at all with that.

What he wants is to not risk a long term injury and being out of the game in 10 months time. 

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

What he wants is to not risk a long term injury and being out of the game in 10 months time. 

Makes sense if that his reason. Bit of a risk if he let his contract run down and he had a long term injury

8 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Yet when we want to get rid of a player they are all "stealing from us". Total nonsense to give him grief. He has a contract, play him. Why not. Should Pisano have said last season I am not playing unless you give me a new contract ? It is the most bizarre logic. We want it all our own way. 

Not sure LJ rates him much anyway, they only want him to sign so they can get a better fee.

Do we know if anyone came in for him offering any sort of fee though regardless of supposed interest from Forest and Leeds ?

Just asking because he will be less attractive if we didn't get any genuine interest before, and now want more money based upon tying him down.

He also has to play regularly to put himself in the window and I can't actually see that happening.

Perhaps a loan deal fee with an option in January is the aim ?

He might be signing but I still think he is an inconsistent performer who is overrated by some on here. Frequently loses the ball and I find his crossing to be unconvincing. He had a brief good spell at the beginning of the 17/18 season but then got injured. Yes that isn’t his fault but since returning he still doesn’t seem to have done much, with the obvious exception of the Norwich goal.

Quite frankly, had we sold him he would have been replaced quite easily.

As posters have said, it looks like he has been badly advised and hopefully that might have started to dawn on him?  I think he still has a future here, and expect him to start tonite against QPR.  He could still turn this around if he stops listening to his Father and Agent, and knuckles down.  There is definitely talent there, he just need to apply himself and start being his own man.

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

As posters have said, it looks like he has been badly advised and hopefully that might have started to dawn on him?  I think he still has a future here, and expect him to start tonite against QPR.  He could still turn this around if he stops listening to his Father and Agent, and knuckles down.  There is definitely talent there, he just need to apply himself and start being his own man.

Shock for The CODFATHER when the CODLING becomes a grown up COD and learns to think and swim for himself. ?

13 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Yet when we want to get rid of a player they are all "stealing from us". Total nonsense to give him grief. He has a contract, play him. Why not. Should Pisano have said last season I am not playing unless you give me a new contract ? It is the most bizarre logic. We want it all our own way. 

Not sure LJ rates him much anyway, they only want him to sign so they can get a better fee.

The logic changes when a player asks for a particular contract, gets that offered to them, then reneges on the position. Don't get me wrong, normally I would agree with you, but this circumstance is wildly different. Then start adding in what happened at Oxford, how he reacts to injury and other eyebrow raising situations from the past few years its hard not to form a picture of the man, and one which doesn't paint him favourably.

Personally I think its a great shame we didn't offload him this window, at any price frankly with a sell on attached.  

2 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

He might be signing but I still think he is an inconsistent performer who is overrated by some on here. Frequently loses the ball and I find his crossing to be unconvincing. He had a brief good spell at the beginning of the 17/18 season but then got injured. Yes that isn’t his fault but since returning he still doesn’t seem to have done much, with the obvious exception of the Norwich goal.

Quite frankly, had we sold him he would have been replaced quite easily.

Yep I'm with you on that one, never looked that good aside from that little spell you mentioned. 

I'd rather we gave Adelakun his chance than reward a player who it now comes across as signing because he didn't get his move tbh. 

Archived