IGNORED

Support at Birmingham today

MrBibs

Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but feel the magnificent support today is worthy of mention.

I took a non City fan and he was hugely impressed with how the fans supported the team and the atmosphere created. He asked at half time whether the fans would keep up the level of support if we went behind. Well he certainly got his answer. The fans stayed with the team right to the finish.

What a moving moment with that young  Blues mascot getting great applause and a big cheer from the City fans and giving a thumbs up. Not ashamed to say that brought a tear to my eye.

Extra proud to be a City fan today - well done lads and lasses.

17 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Nice tweet from Birmingham City with a video of that...

Hi, Blues fan here. Just registered to thank all of you there today for applauding little Bobby. The kids been through 3 and a half years of chemotherapy and is still Keeping Right On.

I won't ever forget that gesture from you. All the best  and thanks again ??

22 minutes ago, Offside said:

This picture of the away end today was on City’s Facebook page. Looks like a good turnout. 

13CDD75A-8DC6-40F8-863D-816C4C1E9278.jpeg

The stairways on the left were absolutely packed, I had no idea there was that much space up the other end so joined everyone on the stairs?

35 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Reading that thread, I thought I'd stumbled on  asschat !      :laugh:

edit, fair play to the reception for the little Blues man .

Funny you should say that, I had a gander earlier and one of them is worried that if crowds get much lower, the atmosphere will be like Ashton Gate.

Which surprises me.

Not being someone who has been to the Mem in many, many, many years, I have no idea what the atmosphere is like there, so I can only assume that the Gate is full of Fewers doing some sort of noise assessment. Either that, or they are talking out of their arses again.

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Funny you should say that, I had a gander earlier and one of them is worried that if crowds get much lower, the atmosphere will be like Ashton Gate.

Which surprises me.

Not being someone who has been to the Mem in many, many, many years, I have no idea what the atmosphere is like there, so I can only assume that the Gate is full of Fewers doing some sort of noise assessment. Either that, or they are talking out of their arses again.

Said it many times before, I used to live a stones throw from the Mem. You genuinely couldn’t tell when they were playing at home, the extra cars parked outside would be the only give away. 

They really aren’t as loud as they think they are.

6 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Said it many times before, I used to live a stones throw from the Mem. You genuinely couldn’t tell when they were playing at home, the extra cars parked outside would be the only give away. 

Well their fans post match on RB were moaning , about a whole number of things , about how crap and flat their support was

And Coughlan is already getting pelters on their forum

Happy Days

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Quote from Wycombe manager pre-match.....

"It is a huge club. They will have 10,000 plus there for their first home game of the season.”

oh dear!

Archived