IGNORED

Baker / Wright / Moore

old_eastender

Just musing over our CB options to go with Kalas…

Baker - Yesterday was a typical Baker performance, mainly very good defensively BUT highly culpable for their goal as he completely lost where the ball was, allowing the cross to be lobbed over for their goal. Unfortunately this penchant for making an odd costly mistake, whilst otherwise playing well, seems to have become too common an occurrence with him. 

Wright - Really should only be used as a stand-in in my opinion. Rugged defending is OK, but does give away needless free kicks. His forward passes are just a terrible waste of possession time after time.  

Moore - The only one of these 3 that can play out of defence, looked a big sluggish at times against Leeds and caught flat footed a few times, but surely worth investing game time in Moore in the hope that his defensive play can get sharper.  

I'd prefer to see us play a back four, so as to be able to accommodate Eliasson starting, and would go with either Kalas/Baker or Kalas/Moore for that.

If we are going to play 3 CBs then for me has to be Kalas, Baker & Moore, as in that formation there will always be a centre back bringing the ball out and we simply can't afford to continually give up possession like Wright does.

Archived