IGNORED

93.9%

The Original OTIB

35 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He is clearly a better player , but would interesting how many oozing over his role who may have criticised LJ as a (Poorly understood by many IMHO) player

Ball retention and rotation, linking ,  a primary function of both  !

Great stats in a debut 

Nagy way better defensively and with carrying the ball imo 

2 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Nagy way better defensively and with carrying the ball imo 

I would assume from his pedigree that he certainly is , but I’d be interested to know what LJs passing stats were when he was here - and one of his big strengths was always looking to give teammates an option, an out ball  -  He was no world beater but thought on the whole he was misunderstood as a player here and unappreciated to a large degree 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I would assume from his pedigree that he certainly is , but I’d be interested to know what LJs passing stats were when he was here - and one of his big strengths was always looking to give teammates an option, an out ball  -  He was no world beater but thought on the whole he was misunderstood as a player here and unappreciated to a large degree 

Yeah, I agree LJ was a decent player but I can see why people could not like him but appreciate Nagy as he does a lot more than just keep it ticking over. 

33 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

there was a time in the second half yesterday when he was out wide in the brum half ,the ball was lost he ran from one side of the pitch to the other past 3 of are players to win it on the edge of are box.for me fantastic energy and attitude

OUR players 

His passing is always around 90% so let's not get carried away with this. ? He played very secured yesterday, as time will go and the players gel a little he will try risky passes  - strictly in the final third. I was surprised by his 2 shots, I think he will improve on that as well as he's really not the shooting guy with his only 2 goals in his carrier... The below video shows his only one for the national team from 0:44 but it's worth watchng from the beginning as to see how he's involved in further goals. He's #8 (btw that's why he chose #4; his fav is 8 and he picks number related to that somehow and as 4x2=8 then it's explained).

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

He does come with a classy reputation so a high pass completion rate would be par for course.

The issue I have with pass completion percentages is that they doesn’t give details on what type of passes they were. Two CBS could simply be passing 20yards sideways to each other any number of times. Does that count as a completed passes?

So was Nagy stood in a CB position, just playing 1-2’s with another player for most of the match..? 

No - so I’m not sure what your point is..?!

30 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So was Nagy stood in a CB position, just playing 1-2’s with another player for most of the match..? 

No - so I’m not sure what your point is..?!

I have thought that my point was obvious.

Stats regarding pass percentages can be, in isolation, misleading and I used an example of two CBs playing passing to each other repeatedly as an indication of how pass percentages can be misleading. The two CBs involved would have better pass percentages than say, a midfielder but they didn’t effect the game in a proactive way.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I have thought that my point was obvious.

Stats regarding pass percentages can be, in isolation, misleading and I used an example of two CBs playing passing to each other repeatedly as an indication of how pass percentages can be misleading. The two CBs involved would have better pass percentages than say, a midfielder but they didn’t effect the game in a proactive way.

But everyone is talking about Nagy and his passing stats, not 2 CB’s...?! 

He's been variously described as a metronome or a Busqets type (high praise indeed) which I think to be accurate. I see him as the player who sets the tempo or rhythm at which we play. He is so comfortable on the ball and seems very aware of what's around him, enabling him to change the point of attack seemingly at will. Fitness permitting I think he'll be a joy to watch this season. 

13 minutes ago, Chivs said:

And presumably, read from left to right, irrespective of the half?  Thanks for posting all these.  I assume you are paying for them?

Yes, left to right.

On iOS....£4.99 for one competition for season, e.g. Champ.  £1.99 for one team, e.g. City.  £9.99 for all comps (about 9 major leagues and champions league, not sure about EFL and FA cups though).

3 hours ago, forestofdean said:

there was a time in the second half yesterday when he was out wide in the brum half ,the ball was lost he ran from one side of the pitch to the other past 3 of are players to win it on the edge of are box.for me fantastic energy and attitude

Great spot

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@Robbored here you go: 46/49 (15/15 backwards)

FC40118E-B013-41A7-9BDC-E6D7FCBE95F2.thumb.jpeg.400e2405fa13c7de4e50f0a3a929af0b.jpeg

Context:

- debut

- away from home

- playing as a 2 (supported by WBs) against a 4+1 from Brum

Here’s Marlon Pack from the Leeds game: 41/53. (19/19 backwards)

C5D532CD-F2C1-4C15-AFE6-7DFD2F80E567.thumb.jpeg.bf21f808a8dfe83e899656f04fbacd72.jpeg

And here’s his Cardiff debut:

3883CF65-6101-46CD-9632-AE43D9B2C3C3.thumb.jpeg.c667ad8cea480e1d102f7545c16e8013.jpeg

Great app, and one I’ve used for a few months now. 

It highlights some interesting info to digest after a game. 

It also makes it hard to defend Brownhill when you see his data, and think that he was always the golden child with Pack the bad player- the stats will tell you a very different story!!! 

Never-mind- onwards and upwards, Naggy looks good so far. 

20 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Great app, and one I’ve used for a few months now. 

It highlights some interesting info to digest after a game. 

It also makes it hard to defend Brownhill when you see his data, and think that he was always the golden child with Pack the bad player- the stats will tell you a very different story!!! 

Never-mind- onwards and upwards, Naggy looks good so far. 

I really liked Brownhill’s performance yesterday. His longer range passing was off but I thought it was an all action performance and good fluidity with Nagy. He won the ball back all over the pitch. I’ve looked beyond 40/55 passes. 

Yeah, I have been critical of Josh, but I thought he was good yesterday. 

10 hours ago, Red Exile said:

He picked up the ball and invariably did something useful with it. He appears a perceptive player, taking the ball and passing it on to someone better placed...and doing so at pace...like a kind of motor driving the team. It was very impressive for a debut. Best appreciated when you can see it being done, hopefully he'll be consistently doing this in home matches where a greater number of posters can witness it for themselves.

Edit:

@RobArnold10 got there before me! And probably put it better!

And on reflection if you want to notice him you might need to follow him around the pitch...he's doing a lot of work very unobtrusively, and quickly, almost below the radar.

Best debut I've seen in some time in a city shirt shear class... 

13 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He is clearly a better player , but would interesting how many oozing over his role who may have criticised LJ as a (Poorly understood by many IMHO) player

Ball retention and rotation, linking ,  a primary function of both  !

Great stats in a debut 

I don't think being GJs son helped but I think if LJ was playing in today's modern game he would be much more appreciated. Still to this day I am convinced that had LJ of not got injured we would have gone upto the prem automatically.

I'm sure LJ said over the summer he wanted to bring in a similar type of player as he was? And it seems we have got just that with the added extras of Nagys defensive abilities.

Archived