IGNORED

Tammy Abraham starts for Chelsea against Man United

pl00peh91

1 minute ago, pl00peh91 said:

Fair play. Never thought I’d actually see it happen. Looking forward to seeing how he does.

Me too.  Swansea wasn’t ideal for him....always thought he’d be more effective with better players who’ll spot his runs, no disrespect to Swansea, but they weren’t fun to watch that season.

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Wonder if he stays in if he has a nightmare and Chelsea lose. That will be even more brave from Frank

He's handed him the number 9 shirt for the season which is a real signal of his intent. I think they see him as the main man. 

With the midfield of Pedro, Mount, Barkley, and Pulisic he'll get far more service than at Swansea. He's already hit the post and had two balls flash across in front of him 6 yards out. Everyone on here has seen first hand that if you get balls into the box when Tammy is there then his positioning and instincts will just get goals.

Chelsea all over them. Tammy done a few good things but generally been quiet apart from that shot. Barkley been very good. United's midfield is pretty rubbish and losing the midfield battle, but one stupid mistake by Zouma and no luck for Chelsea with their shooting, and somehow United leading. 

2 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

The goal is the same size no matter what league you play in. With the right service he could score in any league in any country.

Umm yes, the goal is the same size, but the players trying to stop you getting the ball into it are better, the higher up the league you go..!

I liked Tammy, a lot, obviously - but I think he had too many limitations to his game to make it at the highest level. 

5 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

The goal is the same size no matter what league you play in. With the right service he could score in any league in any country.

It's not about the size of the goal or the service.   I just don't think he's good enough to play for a top 6 team.

Just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Umm yes, the goal is the same size, but the players trying to stop you getting the ball into it are better, the higher up the league you go..!

I liked Tammy, a lot, obviously - but I think he had too many limitations to his game to make it at the highest level. 

I think he can make it but needs to up his work rate. He is just strolling round the pitch. Case in point, he does well to hold up the ball and lay it off near the half way line with Maguire all over him, but the Chelsea move breaks down when a sprinting Maguire gets back to the edge of the box to intercept and Tammy has barely moved 5 yards forward. 

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I think he can make it but needs to up his work rate. He is just strolling round the pitch. Case in point, he does well to hold up the ball and lay it off near the half way line with Maguire all over him, but the Chelsea move breaks down when a sprinting Maguire gets back to the edge of the box to intercept and Tammy has barely moved 5 yards forward. 

I think, overall, Bobby Reid was better (for us) than Tammy and he wasn’t able to make much impact in the Prem, admittedly, with lesser players around him to help. 

Archived