IGNORED

Tammy Abraham starts for Chelsea against Man United

pl00peh91

23 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Correct the goals dont change

What does change is how good the blokes defending the goals are

Very true.  If you look at goals vs xG, the higher you go up, the less goals, suggesting defences and keepers make a difference.

2 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Correct the goals dont change

What does change is how good the blokes defending the goals are

Yep, agree with that but you've conveniently ignored the point I made about getting the right service.

Better defenders at that level yes, but he's also playing with better players who should be able to provide better service ipso facto etc etc.....

1 hour ago, Badger08 said:

Wasn't good enough then and isn't good enough now. Got slated for it when he was with us too. 

Love the guy, but he is a great championship striker, not a premier League one 

Very early to say that. Let's see how he gets on with a run of games.

He needs to fill out a bit too I think. His build reminds me of Kanu, very ectomorphic. In the modern game, I don't think that's ideal. 

He's an instinctive goalscorer and given a run of games I'm sure he will come good. 

Harry Kane didn't look fantastic at first remember.

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

Blaming a striker for a goal when all he does is lose a ball on the edge of the opponents box is a bit harsh! 

I thought it would be harsh to blame him, Maguire was allowed to have his hands all over him stopping him from going anywhere. Similar to Taylor Moore last weekend, ball may have been given away higher up the pitch but there should have been enough players behind him to prevent what happened. Azpelecueta let off for allowing Martial to be goal side? Would say he gets more of the blame.

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Playing young players from their academy will buy Lampard time if it's not going well. Chelsea fans were furious with Sarri for refusing to play Hudson-Odoi last season. 

I think most Chelsea fans will accept a slightly lower league finish if it means several academy players are regularly playing.

Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi by the end were playing a reasonable amount. Reckon Lampard's player hero status will be just as important in buying him time, though Lampard will field more- not just time with the fans but Abramovich too- no other manager would get it IMO.

6 hours ago, Super said:

Needs to improve his hold up play. Not great.

Still early in his career but never thought he had a top level all round game. Could yet come...

Was our saviour and for that will always be grateful- I wish him the best in his career and will be interesting to see how he fares over the coming months and years.

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Totally agree, decent Championship striker, not good enough in the league above imo. 

Not being nasty at all to TA, but he has TWO England caps............just shows how the cap is devalued over the years. If your English and you play in the Prem (a rarity) ipso facto, you get capped !

14 hours ago, Northern Red said:

You can see why United spent big on Maguire. 

Can’t believe how naive Chelsea were. Novice manager or not, had Lampard down to be smarter than that

Surprised Maguire didn't hang on for a move to a bigger club.

8 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Not being nasty at all to TA, but he has TWO England caps............just shows how the cap is devalued over the years. If your English and you play in the Prem (a rarity) ipso facto, you get capped !

I think its more with a lot of players now, who have multiple national teams they can play for you need to get them played earlier before another country takes them.

Really think if he has a few more showings like that we could be in with a chance of getting him back next summer as surly Chelsea will look to off load, he's quality in the championship, prem Looking a bit above him, shame really as he's a good guy who I hoped would do well at that level, 

Archived