IGNORED

Tammy Abraham starts for Chelsea against Man United

pl00peh91

Does this mean Tammy is worse than Bailey Wright? Given they both missed a penalty by trying to hit it down the middle, but Tammy being a striker and the crucial 5th penalty taker surely ranks him worse than a centre back at 7th taker. ?

35 minutes ago, Super said:

Not a great night for him. Threw himself to.the floor to win a pen then missed in the shoot out.

He done plenty of that against us away at Villa last season so has had that coached into him, going by Villas penalty and the constant Grealish "shot by sniper" fouls it isn't really a surprise.

To go 3-3 on the night against Liverpool shows that Chelsea aren't awful, and to be honest I think Tammy had a decent game, but I think we'll see if he's got what it takes a few games into the season.

If he does have a bad season at Chelsea, I wonder what his transfer value will be. He's obviously a proven player at Championship level, so I reckon £15m to land him on a perm.

I think he's trying too hard at the moment. He missed two chances yesterday he'd normally put away. 

Two games vs Man U and Liverpool and some are writing him off already. I honestly think he'll become a very good Premier League striker, he's only 21 you have to remember that, plenty of time to improve.

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

I think he's trying too hard at the moment. He missed two chances yesterday he'd normally put away. 

Two games vs Man U and Liverpool and some are writing him off already. I honestly think he'll become a very good Premier League striker, he's only 21 you have to remember that, plenty of time to improve.

Agree with this. For me the only really disappointing thing was his dive last night.

43 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Didn't watch last night's match, but if it really was a dive, why didn't VAR overrule the penalty decision?

No idea, very strange. Not blaming the ref giving the penalty from her position but the reverse angle made it pretty clear for me. Even my Chelsea-supporting mate thought it was a shocker.

1 hour ago, MichaelRobartes said:

No idea, very strange. Not blaming the ref giving the penalty from her position but the reverse angle made it pretty clear for me. Even my Chelsea-supporting mate thought it was a shocker.

Prob down to the fact there were female officials and they didnt want to overturn a decision they made.

4 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Bizarre if so. It was a perfectly understandable decision from the position the ref had, she was badly let down there. A shame as other than that the officials were all excellent throughout.

Thought the officials did an ok job and their gender should be immaterial but funny that Joe Cole said exactly what Super said and then checked hmself !

Archived