IGNORED

Midfield for Tuesday

Crimson Crayola

52 minutes ago, Just8 said:

Who do you think will start and who'd you like to see in the middle of the pitch?

Would swap palmer for szmodics and brownhill for HNM. A combo of Szmodics, Nagy and HNM would be industrious to say the least.

On another note would be tempted to play Afobe again to help get his eye in. Perhaps with Semenyo.

I agree with your midfield suggestion. You'd hope Elliasson will start and Bakinson and Semenyo will get minutes. Moore back in too, and Diedhiou will probably start.

Anything without Brownhill in.

He seems to be the next player who is never rested despite continually average performances and be nice to see if we can produce a strong display without him - hopefully food for thought for LJ.

Presuming same formation I would only swap Massengo for Brownhill and Moore for Wright. 

We need to still go for our first competitive win of the season so wholesale changes does not make sense, albeit, I want to also see what Szmodics and Semenyo can do - difficult.

8 hours ago, reformed_red said:

Just want to see HNM to be honest. Reckon he might be a touch of class with Walsh alongside him.... 

I had completely overlooked Walsh. He must be question when he's going to get game time at the moment. If there is a silver lining for him I guess it's other than Brownhill, LJ has no established midfield favourites yet.

Hagy sounded as though he tired a little Saturday, so I’d rest him. Szmodics and Massengo must start and hopefully Bakiinson. Watkins ( just to prove he’s still alive) and Adelukin making up the 5 behind Semenyo. Will it be on tv anywhere?

Wouldn't mind seeing something like- Cup and all that.

Massengo Nagy Walsh

Eliasson                                           Semenyo

Afobe

A 4-3-3/4-5-1/4-3-2-1 hybrid. Lots of energy, yet composure and promise too. See what Semenyo can do in an AM/Wide forward role. Definitely not a winger but a wide forward with scope to drift in could be interesting! Possible defensive worry out wide though.

I'd bring in Moore for Baker, but I would keep the back 5 the same apart from that. (Maybe start Hunt if Pereira hasn't recovered from Saturday). I think it's important to have some consistency with the formation and team defensively. Going forward however, I'd would like to see LJ go for:

Pereira                   Bakinson                   HNM                 Rowe

Szmodics

Semenyo                               Diedhiou 

6 minutes ago, Coppello said:

It would be a proud day for the 'Click to edit' family. 

They have a proud footballing tradition - I selected the the striker and keeper and then remembered the thread just asked about our Midfield, so the Edit family might have had a few more family members getting City debuts if I had remebered that first ??

21 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Football_Formation_Creator_-_Make_Your_Team_and_Share_Tactics_-_2019-08-12_10.10.31.png

Wow- a bonafide 4-3-3!

I like the look of that midfield/front line. Looks to have a great balance and potential.

Semenyo and Weimann in the wide positions could even open up a potential false 9 role for Palmer. Would be very fluid in any case if it was that 3, Palmer and Semenyo and one of Afobe/Weimann in the wider FW roles.

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Give Walsh a game. 

Are we now at a stage where we need to treat the League Cup like the JPT and give fringe players a chance, or should we be trying to win every game by fielding the strongest possible 11?

Bit of both for me.  I think it's important we win tomorrow but at the same time I'm happy to see the likes of Massengo and Szmodics get a start.

If we lose tomorrow, you're looking at some of those fringe players not getting another competitive match for another 5 months.

How about:

Brownhill Nagy Walsh

Eliasson                                          Szmodics

Weimann OR Afobe

Szmodics with his energy can also pull wider, but is primarily central- Eliasson will certainly stay wider but technically can link with Weimann. Weimann with his versatility can start central but pull wider too- ideally not on the wing, he's wasted there but a wider forward- and tbh I think we might get more out of Walsh- and the team in general tbh- in a 4-3-3 or some sort. We should be aiming to win but we have squad players we need to keep/sharp happy and I don't mean eg Watkins but ones who might be needed such as Walsh. Could alternatively be a game for Adelakun if only to put him in the shop window a bit for a League One loan?

Up front, would like to see what Weimann can do in a genuine 4-3-3 as the front man with potential for a real midfield platform behind him but of course Afobe needs his gametime and to integrate- some good depth now however!

Archived