IGNORED

Midfield for Tuesday

Crimson Crayola

Bentley

Hunt Wright Moore O'Dowda

Walsh Bakinson Massengo

Szmodics Semenyo

Fam

Eliasson I'd save and start in the league on Saturday. Don't see any point in Watkins or Adelukan unless LJ thinks there's a genuine prospect of them being involved. First teamers need the minutes more

I don't believe that Nagy will play. Not used to three games in eight days so needs to recuperate to be fresh for Saturday.

Doubt very much that Pereira will play due to dead leg.

Would like to see Bakinson get a game and guess that we will return to a back four with Moore as one of central two. Also hope Antoine gets a start.

15 hours ago, Meh said:

Anything without Brownhill in.

He seems to be the next player who is never rested despite continually average performances and be nice to see if we can produce a strong display without him - hopefully food for thought for LJ.

Presuming same formation I would only swap Massengo for Brownhill and Moore for Wright. 

We need to still go for our first competitive win of the season so wholesale changes does not make sense, albeit, I want to also see what Szmodics and Semenyo can do - difficult.

Was thinking the same 

23 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Hagy sounded as though he tired a little Saturday, so I’d rest him. Szmodics and Massengo must start and hopefully Bakiinson. Watkins ( just to prove he’s still alive) and Adelukin making up the 5 behind Semenyo. Will it be on tv anywhere?

Would like to see Bakinson involved tonight 

1 minute ago, Mad Cyril said:

It's not as if the cup has provided this club any excitement, revenue, all time stand out games or exposure ever is it. 

Oh, hang on...

Can't think of any... ?

Also gives our B team a proper game of football. Much better for Massengo et al than U23s. 

A little cup run could help keep the lads sharp.

Largely agree with @Just8.

Afobe should play because he needs a goal or two for confidence.  I think that means Palmer should also play to supply those balls through, but he might run out of puff as Saturday was his first 90 for a while.

So I'd go something like this:

-------------------Bentley--------------------

Hunt-----Wright----Baker------Rowe

------------Nagy--------Massengo------

Eliasson-------Palmer-------Semenyo

------------------Afobe-----------------------

Subs

• Brownhill
  • Moore
  • Kalas
  • Szmodics
  • Adelakun
  • Diedhiou
  • Weimann

with a view to bringing Szmodics on at half time. 

Archived