IGNORED

LIVE Q and A with Lee johnson (Merged)

Never to the dark side

15 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Anyone can attend as long as you look over 55, I think I read that right.

I'm  not quite 55 yet although not far off!

So any City fan (I'm a season ticket holder myself) is welcome then really? Like a lot of parents I am off this week with the school holidays and can make it hence the question. Given it is the school holidays there might be a really good attendance for this. 

4 hours ago, One Team said:

I'm  not quite 55 yet although not far off!

So any City fan (I'm a season ticket holder myself) is welcome then really? Like a lot of parents I am off this week with the school holidays and can make it hence the question. Given it is the school holidays there might be a really good attendance for this. 

The criteria for Senior Reds is 55 or retired. I guess that  if you retired aged 48 like a couple of former coppers I know you’d meet the criteria.

Guests are welcome but they’d pay a few more quid for the lunch and obviously the Senior Reds need to know in advance to allow for the numbers.

6 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

At the senior reds function this coming Thursday 15 August

So if you look over 55 or are retired

then coming along

and if you don't like any thing about the event

I'll give you your money back(in cash not vouchers)

I'm not yet retired but over 55 - I look much younger than the specified starting age.

Should I "hit it hard" on Wednesday evening to temporarily age myself or will lying be best??...both?

Sorry to everyone who showed an interest in my posting.

The event is a private function for all current senior reds with paid up membership.

The closing date for applications for the event was last Friday 9th August.

So please don't turn up on the day if you have not notified the senior reds you will be coming to the event.

Sorry again to all concerned and the organisers of the senior reds events

3 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

The event is a private function for all current senior reds with paid up membership.

So please don't turn up on the day if you have not notified the senior reds you will be coming to the event.

So the point in posting this 7 hours ago was? 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

The criteria for Senior Reds is 55 or retired. I guess that  if you retired aged 48 like a couple of former coppers I know you’d meet the criteria.

Guests are welcome but they’d pay a few more quid for the lunch and obviously the Senior Reds need to know in advance to allow for the numbers.

Appreciate that Robbored thanks mate. 

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

So you have to be a Senior Red to be invited? 

16 minutes ago, One Team said:

Appreciate that Robbored thanks mate. 

So you have to be a Senior Red to be invited? 

Not at all but it’s better to go along with someone you know. That way it’s easier to find a table. 

The first time I went along with a mate of mine (sadly no long with us) and we sat with a bunch of his mates who he’d known for years.

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Thanks for clarifying the details.John

Is it not possible to just turn up early - provided you leave well before the lunch starts?

5 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Thanks for clarifying the details.John

Is it not possible to just turn up early - provided you leave well before the lunch starts?

The speaker is usually after the lunch depending of what commitments they have. It’s not uncommon for the speaker to actually have a lunch.

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

You are a tease NTTDS.  You lead people on with expectations of an amazing lunch then let them down with reality 

As usual LJ kept us all spellbound with his vernacular. He’s such an articulate and fascinating  guy, I could listen to him all day.

Webster - sees his departure as a great loss to the club and losing a player of such quality can have a demoralising effect on the squad. He and MA had tried to bring in one of two other CBs but the deals fell through. He sees this as an opportunity for TM to ‘step up’ particularly as Bailey Wright is now missing with  a thigh injury. Could be out a few weeks.

Not good news for Dasilva either. His injury is worse than  first thought and will be out for several months.

He was  asked about Vyner but said that Zac had not impressed much last season at Rotherham and felt that he needed more competitive football - hence his loan to Aberdeen. City have a recall option In January but now appreciates the loan as a ‘mistake’ - hindsight is a wonderful thing......

He was asked about Messengo and said it was thru contacts in France that City got involved. When he signed for us both Leicester and Chelsea wanted to know how we got him.....that blows the cons theory out of the water....

I asked him about Citys ‘style’ and asked him to explain to us what it is and wow! what a question.......He must have chatted for 10mins about it and i’ll freely admit he lost me after a few mins. Shame Spudski wasn’t there........Much of it was about box to box and how he’s happy with that but we fall short around the opposition box. All fascinating stuff............:cool2:

He was  also asked about a tall centre forward and he said that again City had been after a couple but the deals had collapsed.

Brian Tinnion - says the article was ‘click bait’ and essentially po-pooed it. Saying it wasn’t  accurate and that he and BT work closely together but wouldn’t be surprised if PL clubs were after him as he does such a good job.

LJ was great value today. We all agreed just how impressive he was.

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Be interested to know what LJ says about the Nketiah deal, what happened etc and whether the Leeds move was the player's or club's decision.

He wasn’t asked about that. He did  give some bad news, which can’t be confidential, that Wright is out for 4-6 weeks and Dasilva for 5 months! 

Archived