IGNORED

LIVE Q and A with Lee johnson (Merged)

Never to the dark side

Assuming he picked up the injury v QPR rather than in training afterwards, Wright’s injury may partly explain why he struggled on Tuesday. In addition he probably felt obliged to step up to take a penalty (due to being skipper and more experienced than some of the others who weren’t volunteering) but if he was injured then he really shouldn’t have. He has often been criticised for his performances when, in fact, he was playing while injured. 

21 minutes ago, Im_over_ere said:

Sorry I don't know the web sites to go check where he currently plays, but I thought that others were saying Pisano was off to play for Perth in Australia?

I looked the other day and it said he is unattached

Here’s a few OOC.....

Adil Rami

Ashley Williams

Martin Caceres

Younes Kaboul

Yohann Djourou

Joel Lynch

James Collins

Marc Wilson

Jonas Olsson

A few of them getting on abit but surely worth getting atleast 1 of them in on a short term deal as cover.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

LJ did say the ‘strategy’ had been put to one side.....and I certainly don’t see the club as a ‘mess’. Quite the opposite in fact. I see these coming games as real opportunity for what essentially a new squad to gel as a team. It feels really exciting to me and I can hardly wait for QPR on Saturday.

The only concern is how thin the CB cover is now with Wright being injured. These happen in football and it  leaves Kalas, Baker and TM as the only options. 

That said City are looking abroad for available loans..........

Thanks for your update Robbored.........R we still able to loan from abroad? And if so do u know when that window of opportunity slams shut?

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Could possibly see a CB in on loan...............:dunno:

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Although he never mentioned a loan CB coming in it wouldn’t be a surprise if we see one arrive.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

That said City are looking abroad for available loans..........

Are you on another one of your wind-ups? 

We can’t loan anyone. From anywhere. The window is closed. It’s not slightly ajar, allowing some players to sneak in, it’s firmly shut. 

Closed. Shut. Fully locked. 

There will be NO LOANS. 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

We can’t loan anyone. From anywhere. The window is closed. It’s not slightly ajar, allowing some players to sneak in, it’s firmly shut. 

There will be NO LOANS. 

Hmmmm.............are you 100% certain about that? 

Perhaps LJ was referring to OOC players..................:dunno:

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

There will be NO LOANS. 

Apart from out of contract players

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Hmmmm.............are you 100% certain about that? 

Perhaps LJ was referring to OOC players..................:dunno:

100%. 

We can bring in OOC, but we are not permitted to bring in any other players. Whether from home or abroad. 

League 1 & League 2 clubs may still bring in loans until the end 2nd September. But Championship & Prem club’s can’t. 

We can still loan our players out though - as long as it’s to a L1 or L2 or foreign club. 

But we cannot bring in any loans. 

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

There will be NO LOANS. 

The Sage

2 hours ago, phantom said:

So all this building his squad over the past few years has gone out of the window and we are back to square one? 

It's frightening that a club of our stature can get in this mess. 

We all know Wright is made of glass!

Unbelievable situation to be in.

Mr Positive? But you are 100% right, hate having a go at the club, and these injuries were not planned, but we should have had the foresight in making sure we had some sort of replacement in for AW,  and to let Vyner go on loan Wow!! very unprofessional, we were obsessed in other areas and forgot the defensive needs. This will be a real test now,  rather LJ concentrate on bringing in some cover than entertaining  a few older Reds.....

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Yes Pisano is unattached. To me with his legs gone he is a centre back now. And looked a bloody good one in the two games he played there.

Problem with Pisano is would he really want to uproot his family again? Enroll his daughter in school in the UK once again.. as a player it potentially could work, but there's the other things in his life to think about too.

45 minutes ago, Harry said:

100%. 

We can bring in OOC, but we are not permitted to bring in any other players. Whether from home or abroad. 

League 1 & League 2 clubs may still bring in loans until the end 2nd September. But Championship & Prem club’s can’t. 

We can still loan our players out though - as long as it’s to a L1 or L2 or foreign club. 

Which makes LJ's lack of a back up plan to cover Websters departure seem even more irresponsible IMHO.

43 minutes ago, Harry said:

100%. 

LJ clearly said he was looking to bring in player(s) available.

Loans were obviously not mentioned.

He did point out that even some OOC players may be beyond our budget, and wages had to be considered in keeping with who we already have.

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Which makes LJ's lack of a back up plan to cover Websters departure seem even more irresponsible IMHO.

He said had a couple of suitable replacements lined up, but there was not enough time to get anyone "over the line". He did stress how long it can sometimes take to get the right player.

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Here’s a few OOC.....

Adil Rami

Ashley Williams

Martin Caceres

Younes Kaboul

Yohann Djourou

Joel Lynch

James Collins

Marc Wilson

Jonas Olsson

A few of them getting on abit but surely worth getting atleast 1 of them in on a short term deal as cover.

Collins did well at Ipswich last season from what I remember. Although not the ball player that Johnson would like 

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Call me mr pedantic, but I’m not sure it’s technically possible to loan an out of contract player!

To loan means to borrow? If they aren’t plying their trade under contract then they’re not another club’s asset and cannot therefore be a loan. 

9 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Problem with Pisano is would he really want to uproot his family again? Enroll his daughter in school in the UK once again.. as a player it potentially could work, but there's the other things in his life to think about too.

Players don’t always move their home / family when they change clubs. You sometimes have a player playing for a club in the south with the family home in the north and vice versa. It’s not ideal, but it happens. Italy is obviously farther away but the same principle could apply, with Pisano flying home occasionally. Pay him £12k - £15k for 6 months and he’ll get £300k - £400k, which might make the inconvenience look attractive 

Archived