Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Shuffle

Aden Baldwin

Recommended Posts

Really concerned about cover at centre back and we are an injury or 2 away from a problem.

Not seen any of U23 games but is there anyone who could step up?? Seen Baldwin’s name mentioned before and been at club for a while but is he good enough?? What type of player is it?? Is there anyone else who could step up?

Seems  strange now that Vyner  was allowed out now.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Really concerned about cover at centre back and we are an injury or 2 away from a problem.

We have Kalas, Moore, Baker, Wright and I guess Hunt can play there if needed. We would need 3 injuries for Baldwin to be considered so do not worry we should be okay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Selred said:

We have Kalas, Moore, Baker, Wright and I guess Hunt can play there if needed. We would need 3 injuries for Baldwin to be considered so do not worry we should be okay. 

Surely we only need two injuries to have a problem if we want an option to play three at the back? Especially as I am not sure how well Hunt would be suited...

Edited by LondonBristolian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Surely we only need two injuries to have a problem if we want an option to play three at the back? Especially as I am not sure how well Hunt would be suited...

I’m not sure 3 at the back will stay. We haven’t got the players for it in my opinion and think a flat back 4 will be more common. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Selred said:

We have Kalas, Moore, Baker, Wright and I guess Hunt can play there if needed. We would need 3 injuries for Baldwin to be considered so do not worry we should be okay. 

What makes you think hunt can play there😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cheshire_red said:

Pack definitely could, reckon that is his position as he approaches 30, decent reader of the game, good in the tackle, not bad in the air and can play the ball out from the back.

Don't think Warnock will be playing him there. As for Aden he's looked decent when I've seen him but needs a loan at L1 level to prove himself. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aden Baldwin. I've seen him only a couple of times in under 23 games. Based on what I saw then, he reads a game quite well, not a speed merchant but neither is he slow. Good in the air, strong tackler and tried to pass to colleagues rather than hoofball.

Have no idea how ready he is for first team football but that can only be seen if he played in the team. He's captain of u23 so a leader.

Edited by cidered abroad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Selred said:

I’m not sure 3 at the back will stay. We haven’t got the players for it in my opinion and think a flat back 4 will be more common. 

Maybe but the flip side is that, with JD out, I am not convinced we have the players to play a back four. Not knocking Rowe but he doesn’t seem to have a lot of experience as a conventional left back. 

To be honest, the only players in the team who I think is unfairly disadvantaged by us playing three at the back is Eliasson. I think we need three at the back as an option, at least, and that has to mean one more player defensively. LJ has apparently said he hopes to get a free transfer in. Let’s hope that is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Aden Baldwin. I've seen him only a couple of times in under 23 games. Based on what I saw then, he reads a game quite well, not a speed merchant but neither is he slow. Good in the air, strong tackler and tried to pass to colleagues rather than hoofball.

Have no idea how ready he is for first team football but that can only be seen if he played in the team. He's captain of u23 so a leader.

Similar traits Flint then ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cheshire_red said:

Pack definitely could, reckon that is his position as he approaches 30, decent reader of the game, good in the tackle, not bad in the air and can play the ball out from the back.

Sign him up.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Seems to have gone backwards at a rate of knots the past coupe of seasons so a no from me.

Agreed.

Think looking for any out of contract- and I mean recently out of contract as in no longer than 6 months- PL or European League CBs on a 6 month to season long deal could be the way to go here. Or 6 months on a decent one and a push for a medium-long term Webster replacement in January. Something like that- Williams isn't the answer IMO.

Need to be sound technically as well- or no real point.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

35 now- too old?

I mean he certainly has the attributes but I worry about age when we want to play a fairly high energy yet possession based games.

I don't think a ball playing defender necessarily has to be quick and athletic if his entire game was just about retaining possession and linking defence with midfield.

Problem with Cisse is realistically it'll take him weeks to get anywhere near match fit. He hasn't really played regularly since 2017, and hasn't played regularly at a particularly high standard since he left us in 2012. He was a good player at that time, but 7 years is a long time away from this level and i'd be amazed if he's anywhere near the same player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed.

Think looking for any out of contract- and I mean recently out of contract as in no longer than 6 months- PL or European League CBs on a 6 month to season long deal could be the way to go here. Or 6 months on a decent one and a push for a medium-long term Webster replacement in January. Something like that- Williams isn't the answer IMO.

Need to be sound technically as well- or no real point.

Quite so. I'm sure that as the Webster move was brewing, a target list was drawn up recognising that a free agent may have to be considered.

As you say, no point in acquiring another "stopper" as we have some good exponents of that art.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...