Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol Rob

Bristol City Women at Ashton Gate

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-women-open-season-at-ashton-gate/

Strikes me as a good opportunity to develop their fan base.

Tickets are competitively priced, although all kids going free with a paying adult might have been a nice gesture.

But I guess the numbers need to add up somehow.

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Like 3

It's not like our pitch can't cope with the extra games,  even the eztra revenue from a couple of thousand all helps. Does this mean they no longer need a separate place to play at all?

If it's women's football I presume the concourse will only sell women's drinks like Dark Fruits Cider and Lambrini. No chips, either. Maybe some nice light scones though. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Aubergine 1
  • Unicorn 1
  • Rovers 4

45 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Went to 70% of games last season. Along with programme a drink and  a pie as it was free for season ticket holders. now £4 a ticket i wont be bovvering.

Looks like this season they have sold/marketed season tickets for the womens team, so I get the idea if might not sit too comfortably with these fans if people who have bought tickets for the men's team went free, but they could possibly make it a bit more family friendly.

Although it hard to see how they could make it much cheaper, without making it free.

What I dont get is most teams in that league field a women's team. Ten Tottenham and Everton have to cheat by entering a ladies team. It's hardly fair is it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

For anyone who is unsure who she is

image.png

What position does she play?

Rather than us turning this in to the usual 'will they swap shirts at the end of the game'? And, 'Cor, would love to know her stats...'

For those who do go and watch the ladies play, what can you tell us about the squad, players to look out for and all that sort of thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

What position does she play?

Midfielder 

She has played for all levels of England women upto U23s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Went to 70% of games last season. Along with programme a drink and  a pie as it was free for season ticket holders. now £4 a ticket i wont be bovvering.

£4 doesn't exactly break the bank surely?

1 less pint a fortnight?.... oh yeah. Sod it!

Me and my daughter will be going. She's an 11 year old, season ticket holder of 4 years, but got scared at the Swansea game nonsense and has panic attacks now and struggling to get back... could be perfect for her.

🤞⚽😍

• Like 11
  • Robin 3

Do you reckon we could have ONE topic on women’s football without it turning sexist and misogynistic??

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Judda said:

Me and my daughter will be going. She's an 11 year old, season ticket holder of 4 years, but got scared at the Swansea game nonsense and has panic attacks now and struggling to get back... could be perfect for her.

🤞⚽😍

According to some on here the Swansea stuff was just banter and no harm done. Just goes to show doesn’t it. Hope your daughter is ok mate and that the morons don’t put her off. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Judda said:

🤞⚽😍

I remember you mentioning that post Swansea.

All I can say is (and I'm not a parent by the way) talk to her about it and see how she feels. It could be a great experience for her, and a few trips to see the ladies team might just do the trick. I sure hope so, it would be a shame to lose a young fan.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

According to some on here the Swansea stuff was just banter and no harm done. Just goes to show doesn’t it. Hope your daughter is ok mate and that the morons don’t put her off. 

In fairness I get the tribal shit. It's inbuilt from caveman days. No one intends to scar an already anxious child, they get caught up in a moment. It's just gutting for me and her... she'll recover but it'll be months or possibly years... hopefully the former!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PhilC said:

I remember you mentioning that post Swansea.

All I can say is (and I'm not a parent by the way) talk to her about it and see how she feels. It could be a great experience for her, and a few trips to see the ladies team might just do the trick. I sure hope so, it would be a shame to lose a young fan.

Thanks for the kind words.... we've done loads of talking but unfortunately when a panic attack kicks in reasoning is impossible. Leaving is the only option... she'll always be a fan. Hopefully her season ticket won't be wasted!

8 minutes ago, Judda said:

In fairness I get the tribal shit. It's inbuilt from caveman days. No one intends to scar an already anxious child, they get caught up in a moment. It's just gutting for me and her... she'll recover but it'll be months or possibly years... hopefully the former!

Or you could save her a lifetime of pain by not taking her again! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s a shame. Although things have improved massively in recent years this kind of Neanderthal behaviour still haunts us. I hope she overcomes it. Kids change a lot as they grow older. It’s a shame some old Skool prat’s don’t.......

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ciudad Bristol said:

worth it to see Carla Humphrey  😍 

She’s someone’s daughter and a footballer representing Bristol City Football Club......nothing else.

5 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Do you reckon we could have ONE topic on women’s football without it turning sexist and misogynistic??

Yes, if it was on a separate forum per my suggestion last month.

Otherwise no.

• Like 1

Interesting that the Vixens are going to play at the Gate again - but at three o'clock on Saturday it will naturally clash with the many other local games at that time. Surely some girls or their family members will be playing at the same time and so force a decision to be made. But I take this as a sign that the Women's game is ready to carve a niche out for itself - a bold and positive move.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

She’s someone’s daughter and a footballer representing Bristol City Football Club......nothing else.

Surely it’s ok for people to think someone’s attractive? Are you telling me no women see any male footballers and think they are attractive?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AshtonPark said:

Surely it’s ok for people to think someone’s attractive? Are you telling me no women see any male footballers and think they are attractive?

Opening your mouth isn’t thinking, is it?

• Aubergine 1
  • Rovers 1

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

Opening your mouth isn’t thinking, is it?

No but there has been comments by female members on otib about male footballers looks etc. Surely that’s the same thing?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Interesting that the Vixens are going to play at the Gate again - but at three o'clock on Saturday it will naturally clash with the many other local games at that time. Surely some girls or their family members will be playing at the same time and so force a decision to be made. But I take this as a sign that the Women's game is ready to carve a niche out for itself - a bold and positive move.

3pm Saturday is an issue? How is it an issue for those wanting to watch the womens game but not those who want to watch the mens?

1 minute ago, AshtonPark said:

No but there has been comments by female members on otib about male footballers looks etc. Surely that’s the same thing?

I’m pretty sure these male footballers can look after themselves and not have to worry about old women taking a fancy to them.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, shallow said:

It’s a shame. Although things have improved massively in recent years this kind of Neanderthal behaviour still haunts us. I hope she overcomes it. Kids change a lot as they grow older. It’s a shame some old Skool prat’s don’t.......

Cheers. She'll be ok in life, I'm sure. Just hope we can get back to watching games together again....

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

My daughter plays for Ashton Girls. I'm gonna suggest moving training time and all the girls getting tickets. Great bonding for them too...

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

Are they playing all the women’s games at Ashton Gate this season or is it just this one? 

My 5 year old daughter has her first season ticket this year and she’s already asked me if there’s a girls team, so I might take her to see the women’s team. 

I always thought they played at SGS? Is that right? 

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Are they playing all the women’s games at Ashton Gate this season or is it just this one? 

My 5 year old daughter has her first season ticket this year and she’s already asked me if there’s a girls team, so I might take her to see the women’s team. 

Think this is a one off. Other games will be at the SGS.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harry said:

One off but I know there was talk of a back to back men's and women's game too... don't know whether it will happen though...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

I’m pretty sure these male footballers can look after themselves and not have to worry about old women taking a fancy to them.

I’m not old you cheeky sh*t! :bruce_h4h:

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

Fantastic move by the club, I've often wished the woman's game would play matches at Ashton Gate.

I've never been to see them play before so will be going to this game and dragging my wife (who absolutely hates football of any gender) and our young daughter.

Come on City!

11 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Nice bit of sexism there, well done.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I said women....

You're a lady 😎

My other half would probably disagree :D  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Girls league is on Sundays. My daughter plays for the same team as Judda's so they'll be able to watch. Saturdays make much more sense than Sundays...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

And women can't look after themselves from a reasonably innocent message on an online forum, got it. 

Next time you see someone calling one of the male players attractive or worth the entry price alone I'll expect to see you telling that person the same.

Calm down, that's somebody's son, nothing else. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Ciudad Bristol said:

I don't think her 117K Instagram followers are there for the football.

19228179_302718673513677_5592683882005659648_n(1).jpg

Do you think they are more interested in conservatories and patio design, I do.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Ciudad Bristol said:

I don't think her 117K Instagram followers are there for the football.

19228179_302718673513677_5592683882005659648_n(1).jpg

How many of those are single men living alone......with  their computers?

Edited by RedLionLad

6 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

How many of those are single men living alone......with  their computers?

Calm down, that's somebody's son you're talking about.

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

.....or someone's Grandad 

But your point earlier was men can protect themselves against "old women taking a fancy to them"...

Can these women not protect themselves to "old men taking a fancy to them"?