IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Carabao Cup Match Day - R1

Septic Peg

"Concentrating on the league..."

The old adage reeled out by managers across the land when a team inevitably drops out of a cup at the first go. 

High profile names known to say the immortal 4 words include Rafa, Klopp, Nigel Pearson and Steve Kean. 

Liverpool fans be glad the players didn't listen after that CL cup run last year. Woowee.

So will LJ or one of his lesser minions be saying the same or words to that effect tonight?

QPR currently are sitting in 5th spot with an opening weekend win over Stoke and a draw at ex Prem Huddersfield. We travel to the newly named Kiyan Prince Stadium (named for a charity foundation set up after a QPR academy member was sadly stabbed and killed) with a draw and a loss to our name so far. But we must remember, our team is very much new and re-structured. To have 4 debutants in one game is rare. To have 7 players on the pitch that only officially joined this summer (yes, Kalas and Palmer whilst old hands are still "new" - see Kasey's initiation song below...) means that the majority of the team are gelling, learning and working out how each team member works. This takes time.

A stinker of a draw tonight. 1-1 again and a replay at AG. Afobe to score and start his tally.

Safe travels to the boys and girls on the M4 today.

COYRs!

19 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Ah. Thank you all and @TETBURY MASSIVE.

Bloody EFL and their sodding rule changes. In that case, QPR to win on pens because we are as lucky as a turkey at Christmas.

Sorry Peg, I don't think there's been replays in the League Cup for about 20 years. Have you been in a coma for all of these years? The Carabao Cup is surely the most coveted trophy for any City fan - I was in tears for weeks when we lost to Plymouth last year. 

I'll be there sat in the QPR end (!!) as I live in London & my daughter who plays for QPR Girls is a ball girl tonight so I get a comp ticket. Hoping there will be several reasons to sit on my hands and smirk quietly to myself but have a feeling its going to be like the 2002 LDV Vans fixture all over again......a "0-0 classic" !!

1 minute ago, DSTAF said:

Have no interest in this game. I hope we use it to try out formations/players. Like a training game. 

I hope we don't. 

Make some changes but go for the win, especially as we're playing them on Saturday a win could be a big confidence boost

15 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

Have no interest in this game. I hope we use it to try out formations/players. Like a training game. 

Don’t get this mentality. United at home was probably the highlight of my 25 years of following City, so the chance to progress and live that dream once more is too hard to resist.

6-0 City

Maenpaa or Bentley

Wright Baker Moore

Hunt                                         COD

Massengo Walsh

Szmodics

Diedhiou Semenyo

Tough on Eliasson in this. 

GK, Bakinson, Kalas, Eliasson, Afobe, Rowe, Palmer, Weimann

Will be an interesting one tonight I think. Expect LJ will select a stronger team than I have. 

30 minutes ago, HanwellRed said:

I'll be there sat in the QPR end (!!) as I live in London & my daughter who plays for QPR Girls is a ball girl tonight so I get a comp ticket. Hoping there will be several reasons to sit on my hands and smirk quietly to myself but have a feeling its going to be like the 2002 LDV Vans fixture all over again......a "0-0 classic" !!

that rosenior penalty though!

Really not bothered about this game at all , would like to see it used as a game to give those who have not yet played a game season an opportunity, be a good chance to show Lee what they have in a competitive match, if we lose it doesn't matter as its the league that's important this year, and 1 or 2 could take there chance which can only be good in the long run,

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Maenpaa or Bentley

Wright Baker Moore

Hunt                                         COD

Massengo Walsh

Szmodics

Diedhiou Semenyo

Tough on Eliasson in this. 

GK, Bakinson, Kalas, Eliasson, Afobe, Rowe, Palmer, Weimann

Will be an interesting one tonight I think. Expect LJ will select a stronger team than I have. 

Let's hope it's not like that, I doubt it anyway as that formation was forced upon us I believe with Dasilva's injury at relatively short notice.

Perfect game to give Afobe more minutes, likewise Nagy, hopefully Semenyo, Eliasson and Szmodics get a start. Would love to see Massengo start too but think he's more likely from the bench.

37 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

I have absolutely no interest in this Game whatsoever...................unless we win, and then I have lots of interest in this match?   Lose, and it's oh well never mind.................Win, and it's onwards and upwards and we are on a roll!!  ??

Archived