IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Carabao Cup Match Day - R1

Septic Peg

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

Sorry Peg, I don't think there's been replays in the League Cup for about 20 years. Have you been in a coma for all of these years? The Carabao Cup is surely the most coveted trophy for any City fan - I was in tears for weeks when we lost to Plymouth last year. 

Thoughts and prayers petal. :thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Maenpaa or Bentley

Wright Baker Moore

Hunt                                         COD

Massengo Walsh

Szmodics

Diedhiou Semenyo

Tough on Eliasson in this. 

GK, Bakinson, Kalas, Eliasson, Afobe, Rowe, Palmer, Weimann

Will be an interesting one tonight I think. Expect LJ will select a stronger team than I have. 

Here’s how I would line up:

Bentley

Moore | Kalas | Baker

Pereira | Massengo | Nagy | Rowe

Szmodics

Afobe / Semenyo

Subs:

Gilmartin | Hunt | Brownhill Palmer Eliasson | Diedhiou Weimann

Assumes Pereira fit and no knocks for any of those that played Saturday.

If you add Mäenpää, Wright, Taylor and Dasilva I think these 22 above are gonna be our match day squad options...possibly one of Bakinson / Walsh

Watkins, Adelakun and Bakinson / Walsh to find a loan.  O’Dowda can add to the 21 if / when he signs a contract.

Re persistence with 5212 / 3412....if you’d said that before Saturday, I would’ve said occasional usage....but I think if Nagy and Brownhill can partner like they did, coupled with Palmer in the 10, it does allow us to go 2 up top.  Harsh on Eliasson....although I can see us going 4411 (Palmer and one striker) at times and this bringing Eliasson into the picture.

1 hour ago, HanwellRed said:

I'll be there sat in the QPR end (!!) as I live in London & my daughter who plays for QPR Girls is a ball girl tonight so I get a comp ticket. Hoping there will be several reasons to sit on my hands and smirk quietly to myself but have a feeling its going to be like the 2002 LDV Vans fixture all over again......a "0-0 classic" !!

So long as she plays for City one day...

44 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Let's hope it's not like that, I doubt it anyway as that formation was forced upon us I believe with Dasilva's injury at relatively short notice.

Perfect game to give Afobe more minutes, likewise Nagy, hopefully Semenyo, Eliasson and Szmodics get a start. Would love to see Massengo start too but think he's more likely from the bench.

I don’t disagree but my only argument would be does playing this lineup mean they get a more vigorous training session tomorrow? At the moment they will only have had Friday and Monday and I imagine Friday wouldn’t have been a hard training session. I do not know how it works but would sparing them tonight mean they get better understandings during the week. 

Like I said LJ generally goes quite strong in these games so I doubt it will be what I put. Just at the same time think we need to be careful giving these new foreign recruits too many minutes too soon. They won’t be used to that strain. Read today Nagy said he was feeling it after the Birmingham game and he describes himself as a fit player. Same with Periera at RB or RWB. He played 26 times in a slower paced game last season and now have to ask him to play 50 in the championship? Think it needs to be considered

Should be a good game, a bit gutted not to be going all in all.

Those there, will probably see the debuts of a number of the summer signings. It's always interesting to see their first starts.

As a side piece; will we be playing Bentley tonight? With him and Gilmartin tbe only fit/available keepers; it's taking a chance on him picking up a knock.

Would rather play Gilmartin in the circumstances.

Just now, ncnsbcfc said:

Should be a good game, a bit gutted not to be going all in all.

Those there, will probably see the debuts of a number of the summer signings. It's always interesting to see their first starts.

As a side piece; will we be playing Bentley tonight? With him and Gilmartin tbe only fit/available keepers; it's taking a chance on him picking up a knock.

Would rather play Gilmartin in the circumstances.

Maenpaa is ‘fully fit’ according to Jamie McAliister

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Attacking but very open to being countered on that side- though Szmodics and Semenyo as a front 2 would definitely be interesting!

Is Maenpaa back fit now then?

Apparently so according to Jamie Mc

Yes that team is very attacking but just about the only way to get all those players who need a game in

13 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Maenpaa is ‘fully fit’ according to Jamie McAliister

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would definitely get all who need a game in.

I would give him time....no point in rushing him....especially at his calf has had recurring issues.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Looking like a basic 4-4-2 to me. Possibly a 4-2-3-1 if Semenyo drops deep.

I’m seeing 4-2-3-1 with Semenyo in the left wing and Sammie behind Fam 

With LJ wouldn’t surprise me if it was something we weren’t expecting...

Archived