IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Carabao Cup Match Day - R1

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Westcountry Robins said:

Antoine and benik up front Saturday I hope 

Honestly initial thoughts of 2 upfront fill me with fear. I’d rather have 1 up top and a DM. Tonight having 2 up top we’ve been completely overrun in the middle (if we have a midfield?!) and they’ve not had much service, but also I haven’t seen Nagy so he may be able to solve this. 

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Honestly initial thoughts of 2 upfront fill me with fear. I’d rather have 1 up top and a DM. Tonight having 2 up top we’ve been completely overrun in the middle (if we have a midfield?!) and they’ve not had much service, but also I haven’t seen Nagy so he may be able to solve this. 

Agreed- fully agree. Overrun in the middle sounds right, feared this might happen pre game.

QPR are decent but not special and not tiki taka- 2 centrally v Fulham or Leeds again or Brentford??

Cracking first half. First things first - Massengo looks a tidy player. Not convinced by Wright. Smozics (spelling?) looks poor I'm afraid. Semenyo unimpressive for me. Walsh made at least one crucial mistake. Fam immense. GreatHunt  goal. Rowe a proper leader. Quality.  All to play for. Great City turn out. QPR epic failure to attend. No one here from them. 

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Cracking first half. First things first - Massengo looks a tidy player. Not convinced by Wright. Smozics (spelling?) looks poor I'm afraid. Semenyo unimpressive for me. Walsh made at least one crucial mistake. Fam immense. GreatHunt  goal. Rowe a proper leader. Quality.  All to play for. Great City turn out. QPR epic failure to attend. No one here from them

Not true. My QPR mate Chris is there. Good job we showed up. Attendance 1 would be embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, nickolas said:

No matter our players LJ just cant get a midfield 2 to work. Has to be 352 or 451 to give us the solidity in cm. 

cant say ive seen us control cm with a ‘2’ for over 20 bloody years!?

Doesn't really work at good levels anymore, certainly not as a proactive shape- believe me it's not just us! :thumbsup:

Cowshed explained it on a thread a while ago. It's actually a fairly counterattacking/hard pressing shape these days but perhaps more defensively minded?

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Cracking first half. First things first - Massengo looks a tidy player. Not convinced by Wright. Smozics (spelling?) looks poor I'm afraid. Semenyo unimpressive for me. Walsh made at least one crucial mistake. Fam immense. GreatHunt  goal. Rowe a proper leader. Quality.  All to play for. Great City turn out. QPR epic failure to attend. No one here from them. 

To me, Szmodics looks a little nervous. The odd decent touch but he’s not really taken the game by the scruff of the neck yet.  I’m hopeful he will look a bit different once he settles...

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Honestly initial thoughts of 2 upfront fill me with fear. I’d rather have 1 up top and a DM. Tonight having 2 up top we’ve been completely overrun in the middle (if we have a midfield?!) and they’ve not had much service, but also I haven’t seen Nagy so he may be able to solve 

Saturday against Brum, we looked fine defensively and played 2 up top. I do believe will need 3 in the middle in order to play two up top now however, one of them being Nagy, whom on Saturday's showing is excellent at screening the defence. I think we'll see a lot of 3-5-2 this season, and I hope we go with the same system that we played on Saturday against Brum, in the league. 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Worked ok Saturday....albeit 5212

Think it's alright if you have 3 centrally either in defence, or in midfield- or even a 4-4-2 diamond that condenses the middle. Not just alright but can be very good actually!

Not old school 4-4-2 though. League One maybe but certainly not above- not if we wish to control the middle.

11 minutes ago, Selred said:

Nagy and Brownhill in centre mid is way more solid than tonight 

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Why? Diedhiou causing plenty of problems and has a goal. 

Donkey ass banjo 

5 minutes ago, 97Red said:

Saturday against Brum, we looked fine defensively and played 2 up top. I do believe will need 3 in the middle in order to play two up top now however, one of them being Nagy, whom on Saturday's showing is excellent at screening the defence. I think we'll see a lot of 3-5-2 this season, and I hope we go with the same system that we played on Saturday against Brum, in the league. 

Ah playing back 4 tonight thought hence issues.

Archived