IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Carabao Cup Match Day - R1

Septic Peg

Just now, Hampshire reds said:

to many goals against so far this season. 8 in 3 ganes very worrying.  anyone can miss a pen but this is basic defending. we need someone in and quickly. wright Baker and moore are not up to it. on this showing a long tough season ahead. 

Agree, that’s the real worry.  This match wasn’t very important, but how many goals have we conceded since they came back from the States?  FGR 3, Palace 5, Leeds 3, Brum 1, QPR 3, that’s 15 in five games which is shocking.  Must get this sorted if we are to do anything this season.  A good season starts from the back.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Have you watched the penalty?

Seriously...no professional footballer should be taking it like that...simply awful.

No one likes to criticise a footballer, especially when they give their all, and are a 'nice bloke' but he's seriously not up to the standard we are looking for now.

Was it worse than Roberto Baggies? Marcus Rashfords? Wow it must have been bad, perhaps those players aren’t good enough either?

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

To all those who "don't care about the league cup". I presume that the next time we make it deep into that competition and draw a top 6 prem club at home you'll be giving your ticket away. 

Thing is we played a lot of fringe players and now they don’t have another game on the horizon. Such is life of a pro footballer I guess but our squad is massive and could have used another game or two before being knocked out imo

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Have you watched the penalty?

Seriously...no professional footballer should be taking it like that...simply awful.

No one likes to criticise a footballer, especially when they give their all, and are a 'nice bloke' but he's seriously not up to the standard we are looking for now.

I will be honest, I haven’t. I have all sorts of issues relying on Wright at this level, but usually will give a player a pass in this kind of situation, Fammys did not sound that great either.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

To all those who "don't care about the league cup". I presume that the next time we make it deep into that competition and draw a top 6 prem club at home you'll be giving your ticket away. 

Not at all but at the same time won’t be acting like a spoilt brat over losing the game either. Hope that is plain enough to understand!!

5 minutes ago, westonred said:

Whats peoples thoughts on Bentley ? He seems to let in a lot of goals and isn't imo any better than Maenpaa

I was in the minority who didn’t want us to sign him but we will have to give him longer.   Having played in goal and coached I really don’t like his style but definitely need to give him time to play behind a settled defence. Nothing better as keeper than knowing what your defence is going to do 

9 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

to many goals against so far this season. 8 in 3 ganes very worrying.  anyone can miss a pen but this is basic defending. we need someone in and quickly. wright Baker and moore are not up to it. on this showing a long tough season ahead. 

Were you there? Moore was great! 

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I’m convinced we are in our real pre-season now. If you want to blame Johnson  or Ashton or Steve for that then fair enough.

But the next month will be up and down for us before we settle imo. So more matchday meltdowns to come!!!

We desperately need a commanding centre half.  It might be Taylor Moore, but it certainly isn’t Wright or Baker.  Any suitable free agents?

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Agree, that’s the real worry.  This match wasn’t very important, but how many goals have we conceded since they came back from the States?  FGR 3, Palace 5, Leeds 3, Brum 1, QPR 3, that’s 15 in five games which is shocking.  Must get this sorted if we are to do anything this season.  A good season starts from the back.

It does but expect it to take a while before we are consistently up to speed.

7 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

It’s already been corrected for you, but what were you thinking the scores in our games have been, to fail to add up the goals against, from 3 fixtures..?

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

What? The guy who scored in open play? Yep, makes sense I guess.

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

No.

Next.

You might be willing to accept mediocrity but many fans want more and so does the club. Just ask Jamie Paterson. Fammy next out the door imo 

10 minutes ago, westonred said:

Whats peoples thoughts on Bentley ? He seems to let in a lot of goals and isn't imo any better than Maenpaa

Why do people automatically blame the keeper . There’s ten blokes in front of him to defend and both centre halves tonight are not good enough . I remember all the idiots blaming Tom Heaton when we went down but was actually one of the best keepers we’ve had in years . Very naive thinking it’s all the keepers thought 

Archived