IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Carabao Cup Match Day - R1

Septic Peg

A lot of positives to take from the game. Moore gave a very good account of himself at CB and RB. On the ball Massengo is one of the best I've seen at City. Utter class ball control and spacial awareness, and really grew into the game. Some very impressive stuff from Semenyo too, and Rowe looked good again. Walsh and Eliasson had performances that summed up why they're close to the first team but don't get in regularly. O Dowda had a good impact defensively when he came on. Wright is totally bereft of confidence. 

Everything in the garden is rosy.........apart from the massive gap left by Websters departure, we really should have had a back up plan. and it is the one aspect that is leaving us vunerable.  I like Taylor Moore, but AW cannot be replaced easily, I just DO NOT understand why we did not spend a significant  amount on a quality centre back?   I hope I am being unduly pessimistic, but the lack of a top centre back is going to prevent us reaching the top 6 IMHO.  I really can't get my head round LJ"s failure to address this major problem.

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Thinking more post Florida trip. 15 goals conceded in 5 games since their return. The level does not matter it is poor. 

Only 2 games that we’ve picked a “first choice” defence though. 

Not good enough yet, I agree, but to go quoting friendly and first round cup results in stats doesn’t give a true reflection of where we are. 

You may aswell say we are better without Webster, because we haven’t conceded 5..!

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Poor error by Walsh (?) to concede the pen. Very poor first pen by Fam. Pity. Better team. But LJ sent out the B team tonight. 

We're you there? Must have seen a different angle than I saw on tv. It didnt look like he touched him on tv but difficult to be sure 

18 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Any idea on City numbers there tonight?

Impressive turn out from us. By contrast with QPR who had closed a stand and still failed to turn up. Pitiful club QPR - a great shame that we so rarely seem to beat them at their place!

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Was it worse than Roberto Baggies? Marcus Rashfords? Wow it must have been bad, perhaps those players aren’t good enough either?

Look at the bigger picture...those players you mention and others when missing a penalty, doesn't reflect on their performance during a game. One kick out of 'Character'.

I don't like picking out players, but Wright is way off...and has been for a while.

To everyone bashing Diedhiou, first of all (I know this sounds silly) it wasn't miles over the bar. Yes you should hit the target, but it was nowhere near as bad as Wright's penalty. 

Secondly, he had a great game in open play with his usual garbage service. He got sent through on goal once and finished it expertly, headed over the bar once when maybe he could have hit it on target, and held up play frequently very well. 

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Apparently so. Although when you add in the Cheltenham fans I doubt there were 2500 rovers fans there, embarrassing 

Jesus Christ that’s absolutely hilarious. I knew they were boycotting the Mickey Mouse cup but I didnt know they were boycotting the league cup as well.

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Everything in the garden is rosy.........apart from the massive gap left by Websters departure, we really should have had a back up plan. and it is the one aspect that is leaving us vunerable.  I like Taylor Moore, but AW cannot be replaced easily, I just DO NOT understand why we did not spend a significant  amount on a quality centre back?   I hope I am being unduly pessimistic, but the lack of a top centre back is going to prevent us reaching the top 6 IMHO.  I really can't get my head round LJ"s failure to address this major problem.

He couldn’t buy another “top centre back” until he knew for certain Webster was leaving and he was getting the money for him.

You don’t know what on in the short amount of time after Webster left, before the window closed. It’s entirely possible we had targets that we couldn’t get. The timing was unfortunate but that’s not entirely within the club’s control. I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. And we do still have reasonable options in that position.

1 minute ago, walnutroof said:

Strange to think the last game we won in this competition was that Man Utd game, plenty of positives tonight though  Massengo looks some player

Merely reverting to type. Aside from that season, we've been appalling in this competition for years. Tonight was actually quite good in comparison.

12 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Forest green 3

palace 5

Leeds 3

Brum 1

QPR 3

Total= 15 in 5 games

Look at the goals for then, and make sure you count the Hallen game....

pre season doesn’t count. 

But it when it does matter is it any surprise we’re shipping more than before. We’ve sold our best defender, and for 66% of our games this season been without our first choice left back. 

6 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

To everyone bashing Diedhiou, first of all (I know this sounds silly) it wasn't miles over the bar. Yes you should hit the target, but it was nowhere near as bad as Wright's penalty. 

Secondly, he had a great game in open play with his usual garbage service. He got sent through on goal once and finished it expertly, headed over the bar once when maybe he could have hit it on target, and held up play frequently very well. 

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect your centre forward to score in a penalty shootout. I don't think that is bashing Diedhiou. 

Archived