IGNORED

Brian Tinnion

Red Army 75

14 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Concerning he feels that way of course, and given his close relationship with the club I don't believe GMc has made this up. 

However, I don't understand why he thinks he would have any more influence over youngsters making it into the first team at a Premier League club. 

Maybe it is a little bit more about the money but why would he want to unsettle his family by commuting to Southampton as Carey does? 

Maybe he wants to spend more time with Carey ?

1 hour ago, Redmycolour said:

Totally agree, I still think LJ has his favorites, yes O'leary deserves a chance but no lets bring in 2 new keepers, he won't drop FD for chances missed,(don't rate him, it's no wounder MT wants out, something is going on behind the scenes, dressing room upset maybe? 

Matty Taylor is a terrible footballer though. Brilliant shithousery against the Sags but nothing more. 

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Very good reply - let's put an end to the silly news stories now

I do wonder where the stories of unrest came from though??

Yeah, not like Gregor to pin his flag to the mast of a controversial story if it doesn't have foundation. He seems reluctant to criticise the club for fear of losing trust. 

17 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

No No NO as some other Legends would say.

I love the fact that  pretty much my favourite all time player is at the club and simply demand that he stays.

And Scott Murray- bloody love the bloke and hope he stays forever.

I note your strong attachment to these two fine employees but am reminded of the owner's instruction to free ourselves from the sentimental attachment to itinerant players. You would do well to do the same.

15 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Yeah, not like Gregor to pin his flag to the mast of a controversial story if it doesn't have foundation. He seems reluctant to criticise the club for fear of losing trust. 

Does seem strange, not like Gregor. Someone will have planted a seed somewhere. 

Digressing slightly, does last nights exit hasten some loan moves for a few players.  

Adelakun and Bakinson in u23s this afternoon. 

• Admin
38 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Those clickbait whores at the Post.

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

MacGregor doesn’t write anything very controversial or speculative 

Agree, this story had a completely different tone to it.

This could have been damaging to Tins' future career at the club, I'm not saying there is anything in it, but if there isn't it seems a VERY random story to be leading with

• Admin
1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Or maybe you simply have a issue with the organisation, seems a theme on here

Personally I have to say that I think McGregor is 100% better than anything the publication has had in the past

But to me this story is / could have been very damaging to the future of our club

If there is nothing to it then our club need to be asking serious questions where this story originated

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Personally I have to say that I think McGregor is 100% better than anything the publication has had in the past

But to me this story is / could have been very damaging to the future of our club

If there is nothing to it then our club need to be asking serious questions where this story originated

Agree

Grown to respect how MacGregor goes about his job 

Tries to report facts whilst keeping fans abreast of transfer rumours , and enaging with the fanbase

Could be a lot more sensational on all sorts of things if he merely wanted to create click bait

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Yep, don't really read the post as I don't live in Bristol, but I do listen to his podcast with Michelle Owen and he comes across really well. I actually didn't mind Stockhausen much, but Gregor is a far superior journalist for me 

1 hour ago, Drew Peacock said:

Bring back Peter Godsiff and Herbie Gillam, I say.

….send your request in to Peter Post, Pillar Box Club, Bristol Evening Post, Old Market, Bristol.

(wasn't there an 'uncle' somebody who ran the Pillar Box Club prior to Peter Post? … I'm thinking 'Uncle Bob' perhaps?)

?

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

….send your request in to Peter Post, Pillar Box Club, Bristol Evening Post, Old Market, Bristol.

(wasn't there an 'uncle' somebody who ran the Pillar Box Club prior to Peter Post? … I'm thinking 'Uncle Bob' perhaps?)

?

Blimey! You're taking me back there.

It was indeed Uncle Bob.   Bob Bennett. Father of the late Roger Bennett. 

The championship is a very tough division to blood to many youngsters at one time . i go with if u are good enough then play a youngster. we have a few out on loan but how many of them would people put in the first team. joe Morrell possible  also max. after that struggling. If we were in l1 then thats a differant story.

All very strange how this story has came about. We’d all like more homegrown lads pushing for a place in the 1st team, and imo if they are good enough then LJ will have no doubts about bringing them through, and the way we are sending plenty of them out on loan every season to give them experience can only help them and ourselves in the long run aslong as they are 100% committed. I can see why the signing of Massengo irked a couple of academy coaches (if true) but if he’s as good as been reported then we’d of been silly not to of brought him in.

I think a strong case could be made to have retained Max O'leary, Cameron Pring and Joe Morrell in the first team squad.   They would all be close to playing on merit in my view and improved the squad.  I'd rather the cash spent on a goalkeeper had been spent on a centre back.   Brian Tinnion is doing a great job though with the loans.

Archived