IGNORED

Massengo

DT The Optimist

46 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Don't let it bother you mate. There are plenty who will get more upset about your faux pas than things far more important. 

Those people are the real problem. 

Don't think anyone was upset about it?

OP called the new name for Loftus Road stupid believing it to be a sponsorship dealer, he was told by one or two that it was actually named in memory of a young QPR fan who was killed. OP acknowledged this and the thread went back to Massengos performance.

I'd say the people doing the stabbings are the 'real problem' rather than people informing others over the reason of a stadium name change...

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Can you link? Very interesting if someone who wasn't watching out for Massengo specifically also noticed him.

I think it’s on the matchday thread. Second half if I remember right!

edit: or just above! (Posted while I was writing, by someone less lazy than me!)

2 hours ago, EmersonsKev said:

I guess we'll never know, the fun of the undisclosed fee.

He's been described as a 'talent', the pessimist in me thinks if the hype was to be true then surely other clubs would have been queuing up to sign him.  I'm just wary of hyping him up adding undue pressure to his development.

The lad is not short on confidence so I believe he will take it all in his stride.

He describes himself as a Lion.

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

We should new paying 4-3-3 with a midfield of Massengo, Nagy, Brownhill. This would give us as lively defensive midfield, with players good on the ball, who are also capable of a good pass/running into space.

With Semenyo, Palmer and Afobe ahead of them I could see us doing really well.

Agreed, although at the moment I'd play Weimann rather than Semenyo. But that is a class midfield. And it would be very exciting to watch a City team with all that flair.

Massengo was perfectly capable of handling the physical side of the game last night. Ready for the first team.

Thought he looked really good.  Nice and tidy on the ball, tried to be inventive with his passing and movement, willing to close down and showed a decent amount of strength to not really get knocked off the ball too often either.

I'm sure he'll make mistakes like everyone else but if we can get the best out of him we could have a hell of a prospect.  Him, Nagy and Brownhill should be more than capable at this level provided they can fit into a settled team together.

I was thinking about this on my morning commute. If we have a midfield of nagy messengo and palmer, could brownhill play right wing back do you reckon? Obviously a good engine and can tackle when he wants to.

with a fit dasilva on the left that could be a fairly strong middle of the pitch. Obviously means playing 3cbs though.

4 hours ago, weepywall said:

The other "stupid" name for Loftus Rd is I believe the name of a QPR youngster that was stabbed to death.

I get what he is saying. All grounds are named stupidly now or sold out to advertisers, but qpr have done it the right way this time can only applaud them. Prince stadium i believe will be acceptable

42 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Agreed, although at the moment I'd play Weimann rather than Semenyo. But that is a class midfield. And it would be very exciting to watch a City team with all that flair.

Massengo was perfectly capable of handling the physical side of the game last night. Ready for the first team.

Certainly would be! Flair, yet composure and energy- a very nice combination IMO.

Because of Palmer's directness he can pull wider and as we know Weimann can also pull into wider forward positions though- totally wasted on the wing however. Can also open up possibilities of Palmer behind Afobe and Weimann which could be excellent.

4 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Agree. Did not have a clue about stadium name. Early morning. Apologies.

back to Massengo. Believed to be a £3M signing with add on perhaps ramping it up to the reported £8 in France ?  Wonder why undisclosed here.

Perhaps Saturday we will see a midfield with Nagy Brownhill and this lad.  He seemed to have a excellent game last night then

Don't beat yourself up over it, with all the other stupid stadium names it was understandable. 

7 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

After the excellent report from Ole at Loftus Road (forget the other stupid name  the stadium now has)  thought that Massengo should have a thread in his own right.

A near record signing, (still unsure of the fee with denials of it being 8m from BCFC?) he cannot be a punt for the future and must be considered a starter and a name on team sheet most weeks? 

If you were at the game last night what was your view of him. Once he has settled will he be a first on team sheet if fit along with say Kalas.  The report from Ole gave him perhaps a 7. On radio obvious difficult to gauge yet not a lot said about him TBH FROM the excellent summariser Gary Owers.

do you see him and Nagy as our midfield future 

Not sure I would call it a stupid name in fact imho it is a very gracious thing what QPR have done in renaming it for a charity . If it had been the Bet365 or some other commercial advertisement I would agree with you though

What a great start from Nagy and Massengo. Both were #bold signings and both have made a great first impression. What's really exciting is that they would in theory work really well together given that they both seem to have good football brains and technique.

The quartet of Nagy, Massengo, Palmer and Brownhill must be the way forward.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

What a great start from Nagy and Massengo. Both were #bold signings and both have made a great first impression. What's really exciting is that they would in theory work really well together given that they both seem to have good football brains and technique.

The quartet of Nagy, Massengo, Palmer and Brownhill must be the way forward.

What would that be, a sort of 442 with BO up front with either AW or AS, FD ?  Only issue is that LJ likes his one man up front supported by midfield players.  LJ seems to like his 4 5 1   AS seemed to have a decent game as well, worthy of a thread in his own right.  When QPR fans notice him as a 'stand out' player that says it all.  Really hope to see him play Saturday in front of 20K at the gate 

How about?

Brownhill Nagy Massengo

Palmer

Weimann  Afobe

4-3-1-2. It means a bit less width and no Eliasson from the off though but if we're looking to play through the thirds etc...all that technical ability in the middle might help compensate for a while for the lack of Webster. Could just as easily pull that into a 4-3-2-1 with Weimann and Palmer both with their directness and movement getting up to and beyond Afobe. Weimann can pull wider too but not so deep wide like the wing that he is a bit wasted.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

How about?

Nagy Brownhill Massengo

Palmer

Weimann  Afobe

4-3-1-2. It means a bit less width and no Eliasson from the off though but if we're looking to play through the thirds etc...all that technical ability in the middle might help compensate for a while for the lack of Webster. Could just as easily pull that into a 4-3-2-1 with Weimann and Afobe both with their directness and movement getting up to and beyond Afobe. Weimann can pull wider too but not so deep wide like the wing that he is a bit wasted.

That's what I was thinking, although the same players can fit a 4-2-3-1.

Then Elliasson and Semenyo would come in for Weimann when needed.

I ended up sat next to his brother and friends, who are all moving here with him apparently. So that shows he’s going to be settled and perhaps is thinking longer term about his career in England. All three of them were nice guys, his bro has the exact same hair.

Thought he played well. Needs time to adapt further, and as others have said I think he’s a Rolls Royce type player who will look even better with other decent footballers around him to play with. 

Thought Walsh was good too, apart rom the howler for the second goal. We’ve lots of tidy players in this squad now.

Archived