IGNORED

Massengo

DT The Optimist

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s a conspiracy theory and like most conspiracy theories it has some elements that are completely feasible. 

I’m not saying that it true or untrue but we as fans are never going know one way of or the other.

LJ is the speaker at Senior Reds later today, I might well ask him.........:cool2:

Can you please ask him on my behalf.............why he didn't replace the glaringly obvious gap in our defence, by not replacing Adam Webster?............Was there no back up plan?   Thanks!

16 hours ago, RedRock said:

Just watched the clips someone has posted on Twitter of his contributions in the QPR game. Now then, that is quite an exceptional ‘baller. A real gem, destined for the very top - unless our coaching messes him up. 

The other observation how ******* open are we in defence if we lose the ball while in possession in our own half. The Walsh goal an accident waiting to happen! Can you really guarantee a 100% passing accuracy when your often isolated, with no passing options, defensive midfielder is in possession? Any intercept means the opposition attacker has a clear run at goal, with our centre-backs seemingly taking up wide full back positions. 

That game plan should mean we overload midfield and attack, but we’ve got to get the ball up there by fast, crisp, accurate passing and other players making themselves available. Talk, about ‘high risk’ tactics. A lot of responsibility on young heads.

Great if it works mind, and at least we have an identifiable game plan!

I will give it  a go with the theoretical. They are not chucking it long, so support should be available to the player in possession, this player should have multiple options. This means when there is error and there has to be at some point the team should still have numerical superiority to counter press, with players in relational distances to the possession to also provide depth to defend the football and delay attacks till support to arrives - Of course there are thousands of variable ifs and lots of counter ideas, but that is some of the theory. 

The answer in some respects is in your last line. Its just one game. The above transition from attack to defence has to be relentlessly practiced and understood and become part of the tactical competency of the team. It cannot be if its one game, a month, tried that and change. 

Instead of all these conspiracy theories on the link to Massengo being Chelsea (asking us to buy the player), how about the link that is there for all to see in plain sight:

• Chelsea Technical Director who LJ/MA presented to in order to secure Tammy Abraham: Michael Emenalo
  • Monaco Sporting Director until Tuesday: Michael Emenalo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49322891

5 minutes ago, Olé said:

Instead of all these conspiracy theories on the link to Massengo being Chelsea (asking us to buy the player), how about the link that is there for all to see in plain sight:

• Chelsea Technical Director who LJ/MA presented to in order to secure Tammy Abraham: Michael Emenalo

Must be wrong, we have only bought him for Chelsea.....

Less of the factual posts please.

17 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Can you please ask him on my behalf.............why he didn't replace the glaringly obvious gap in our defence, by not replacing Adam Webster?............Was there no back up plan?   Thanks!

He’s just turned up.

I’ll ask what I can but there’ll  be lots of other questions

On 14/08/2019 at 06:53, Major Isewater said:

Thé French media reported 8 million euros so who do you believe ?

Massengo was the jewel in the crown of Monaco’s academy, I’m not sure 3 million would have been enough to prise him away . Still we will probably never know .

Interestingly they are also saying that he is on the same wages with us as with them .

2.3million was paid with add ons because of his age and you'll probably find if his talent does unfold Monaco will have a buy back clause or sell on fee in that deal.... He certainly has the right attributes his movement is 1st class something we've seriously lacked just hope FD makes the runs for him.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

But something Johnson praised him for against Birmingham, so perhaps he is learning?

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Perhaps he will find some legs each game. If he does not and is included in the team with Famara who also does not display an aptitude for the defensive 50% element of football the team cannot defend collectively, team mates will have to go beyond perhaps, they will have to do the running. 

Could also be that a 2 man strike force are blocking passing lanes too, placing less pressure on Kasey. 

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

The posters point maybe (?) not necessarily about tackling it can be about defensive balance and filling zones blocking options. Palmer unbalances shape, its a easy criticism of this player to make because he does it so frequently.  Leeds were better there. Leeds played easily through where Palmer wasn't.

This was what I was getting at yes- defensive balance and filling zones (new term for me- always thought it was filling areas or space?) and blocking options. I agree- this was roughly what I was driving at and it's fair to say I agree- Palmer unbalanced the shape and Leeds certainly were capable of exploiting it with 3 v 2, well I thought so anyway.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Any idea where he might end up next? Maybe LJ and Ashton could steer him to Man City or Dortmund. I'd fancy getting a few of their young guns and cast offs.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Could also be that a 2 man strike force are blocking passing lanes too, placing less pressure on Kasey. 

Perhaps. With the right combination up there- perm 2 from Weimann, Afobe and Semenyo IMO- Diedhiou can be good defensively but in his own half more- the press closing down high up could be a way to go.

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh right ok, well yeah possibly. I just think a club headed by Steve Lansdown wouldn't take a huge risk like that. Seems incredibly far-fetched to me but everyone loves a conspiracy. 

Indeed. If any club would do Chelsea a favour that'd be Vitesse Arnhem. 

It seems improbable that we would have got a talent like Massengo without a little help.

You don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to see why and how Chelsea might have helped us.

Why? They want him but can't buy him but have a good relationship with City which may help them get him further down the line. 

How? They make a call to the player's agent. 

What's that cost them? Nothing. What's the risk? Zilch.There's nothing dodgy about it.

It's not a conspiracy theory. It's just a theory!

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This was what I was getting at yes- defensive balance and filling zones (new term for me- always thought it was filling areas or space?) and blocking options.

I think I have never really given this any thought. They are terms that I was familiar with from playing and on. I look at hitting areas, but look at zonal defending so players fill zones to control space and block options.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It could be but I have a degree of prejudice when it comes down to FD and responsibility without the ball - pressing and screening.

6 hours ago, J-mat said:

and CF is to put a bit of pressure on the pivot player of the opposition if they play with one.

Last season I posted similar to this. At least occupying a centre back to force play one way. Frankly I would not look to set traps from it as the player in question has erred too often to be reliable.

Archived