IGNORED

2 Tone

Bristol Rob

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Was wondering where to post this. Decided it was non football.

Love this, perhaps the best football kit ever (well nearly).

4 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

The Specials -what a great album.  Gave me an early education in racial politics and also kick started my ongoing love affair with 60s/70s/80s Jamaican music.

Thank you Jerry, Terry, Neville, Lynval, Horace, John (RIP), Roddy, Dick and Rico (RIP).

Well said. Those boys shaped my political outlook, attitude and dress code as well as musical appreciation. Imagine life without the pure joy of Toots and the Maytals these past forty years. 

On 16/08/2019 at 23:04, City Rocker said:

Thank you Bristol Rob, the 2 Tone era was the most exciting time ever to be a teenager, dressing up and going to gigs.

I'll just leave this here if you don't mind. 

Blow! Mr Rico Blow! 

I grew up with The Specials and don’t mind admitting they had a BIG impact on my future direction in life as the 80s were tough times during the recession etc. The Specials, Madness, The Selector IMO was a great era for music and the message behind the music defined my outlook on life and how I rebelled against the Thatcher era, Moynihan etc.

That is a great video, thanks for posting @Bristol Rob.

On 14/06/2020 at 16:42, TomF said:

Suggs don’t look bad for nearly 60 either. 

And for a fella who has had significant battles with the bottle in his middle years. He sadly had to be banned from my favourite Herne Bay boozer, The Ship, at one time.

The guy pulled himself out of that particular mire and fair do's to him for confronting that particular demon. 

On 17/06/2020 at 06:10, BanburyRed said:

Still to this day, one of my all time fave pieces of live music.....

Brilliant live band. So much energy. Too Much Too Young Live EP was the pride of my record collection back then. Skinhead Symphony, brilliant. I remember the cover was just a photo of the crowd. Unfortunately don't own it anymore as I left all my vynal at an ex girlfriends house about 20 years ago. Gutted now. 

On 04/07/2020 at 09:24, Gakoe said:

Brilliant live band. So much energy. Too Much Too Young Live EP was the pride of my record collection back then. Skinhead Symphony, brilliant. I remember the cover was just a photo of the crowd. Unfortunately don't own it anymore as I left all my vynal at an ex girlfriends house about 20 years ago. Gutted now. 

Hi Gakoe.  Here is a link should you want to get a copy!

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/1491852?ev=rb

On 04/07/2020 at 09:24, Gakoe said:

I still have my original copy on 7 inch, and no I'm not selling!

Bought from Virgin in Broadmead in the first few days after it was released. We used to bunk off school and go down town on the bus to buy the latest releases by bands we liked, to help hype them into the charts or sometimes to make sure we got the limited edition coloured vinyl. This one went to number 1, so job done!

Archived