IGNORED

LJ

Red Army 75

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

The frustration of not getting our targets and Pack leaving getting to LJ . I know we lost but seemed more pissed off than I can remember. Or is it just me

Seeing as neither topic was mentioned, I'm not sure how you get to that....

12 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

The frustration of not getting our targets and Pack leaving getting to LJ . I know we lost but seemed more pissed off than I can remember. Or is it just me

I don't read it like that.  Sounds like a manager p****d off that we’re out of a cup because of a rubbish referee decision.  That’s what seems to have made him most angry.

13 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

I only listened to the commentary on RB, but Gary Owers was more forgiving of the younger players coming in which I liked.  I hope LJ is more encouraging to them away from the cameras.

I’m sure he is but if these lads want regular first team football at Championship level then they’ve got to learn quickly. The obvious thing being it’s ok being great when you have the ball but you’ve got a job to do when they have it!!

He wouldn't sell Pack if he didn't want to. He replaced him with Nagy who he probably prefers so don't see why that would be a problem. He's just annoyed at the ref and parts of how we played.

53 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Frustration of losing a game that we were winning...

Why would he be frustrated about pack leaving when we have signed a far better player in nagy?1

21 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Must have crossed wires on the Pack transfer. I thought I read he didn’t want to sell Pack 

I havent read that. Maybe your right?

Personally i think nagy is a massive upgrade. Although he isnt a playmaker.

32 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Frustration of losing a game that we were winning...

Why would he be frustrated about pack leaving when we have signed a far better player in nagy?1

Annoyed that certain players didn’t carry out his instructions....without the ball. 

He has been moody over pre-season recruitment. To that I suggest he gets over it quickly and influences on the training ground. 

We have a very good set of players. 

3 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I havent read that. Maybe your right?

Personally i think nagy is a massive upgrade. Although he isnt a playmaker.

Looking forward to seeing him play. From highlights I’ve seen looks a player. Regarding LJ reading the comments in the thread make sense. Hope we have a more upbeat video Saturday evening. 

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Annoyed that certain players didn’t carry out his instructions....without the ball. 

He has been moody over pre-season recruitment. To that I suggest he gets over it quickly and influences on the training ground. 

You're right Dave. And remember what happened to his predecessor. Cotterill's displeasure with the Board's transfer strategy quickly consumed his managership and nearly relegated the club.

I'm sure LJ has more sense and the ability to move us forward, despite being hampered by the loss of Webster.

47 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

perhaps he's been reading the Evening Post…:fear:

LJ went storming over to the ref in the centre circle at full time having a massive go at him, and then again after we'd lost the penalty shoot out (which I thought was probably a bit over-the-top given the quality of a couple of our penalties). McAllister was also shouting his view at the match officials as they left the pitch. It felt OTT for the Carabao cup.

Interestingly I also noticed after his second haranguing of the ref, LJ immediately made a beeline for Nagy. I am very curious if he felt he should've put himself forward for a penalty before Wright, given Wright is in that seasonal mode where confidence is shot to pieces, shoulders are slumped, passes are loose. No one thought he'd score, least of all him.

Football isn't Top Trumps, and even though we've improved in many areas, this team is going to need some serious time to gel - at least ten games, maybe even half a season. Most importantly, they need wins behind them, otherwise several years of building goes down the shitter and we destroy whatever confidence we had built over time.

There's a lot of potential, but that's all it is right now. If this level of rebuild was needed I hope that the pressure is off of LJ and that he isn't held to the idea that we need to achieve better than 6th this season.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

His whole body language and demeanor are different to previous interviews (even when we have lost)

I'm not sure the reasons you mentioned are relevant but he is clearly very wound up about something

27 minutes ago, Olé said:

Interestingly I also noticed after his second haranguing of the ref, LJ immediately made a beeline for Nagy. I am very curious if he felt he should've put himself forward for a penalty before Wright

That's a different take from mine.

This is a more general observation on human behaviour, but I feel some individuals put themselves forward for things regardless of their aptitude for doing them.  I've seen this in a work situation loads.  Whether this is through a sense of duty (which I suspect it was with Bailey Wright) or blind self-belief despite the evidence to the contrary, or arrogance fuelled by their ego it does happen.

Others despite their ability either the lack the confidence or belief to step forward.  They need encouragement to do so.

Bailey had a stinker by all accounts and he was poor at Birmingham.  But for me there's no doubting his leadership and commitment to the cause.  I do feel his motivation for stepping forward was good, but I think he should have been overruled.  I guess that would be difficult if no one else felt confident.

Very difficult to criticise Nagy for not stepping forward as he is so new to the club.  Maybe if he'd signed sooner and been to the US with the squad and built some relationships amongst the players, he'd have felt more inclined to.  I dare say he would have not have seen Bailey or any of the other lads take a penalty so difficult to gauge whether you'd be a better bet or not.

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Unrest in the club as well...Tinnion.

He's bound to be pissed off.

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Must have crossed wires on the Pack transfer. I thought I read he didn’t want to sell Pack 

If so I would hope the matter was taken out of his hands.

He can't keep on asking the club to sign new m/f's and expect to keep the ones they've been brought in to replace.

I very much doubt he wanted to keep Pack anyway, his performances had been mostly under par for a long time.

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Not sure how you have come to the conclusion about him being pissed off about Pack and our transfer targets?

Probally more frustrated at the fact that no matter what line up we play, or what formation we go for....not a massive amount changes 

The same issues . The same vulnerabilities . Under LJ our game management has always been poor, and I don't believe it will change any time soon

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Not sure how you have come to the conclusion about him being pissed off about Pack and our transfer targets?

Probally more frustrated at the fact that no matter what line up we play, or what formation we go for....not a massive amount changes 

The same issues . The same vulnerabilities . Under LJ our game management has always been poor, and I don't believe it will change any time soon

Just felt the interview was different. Not like me to go on a tangent. ??

47 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Football isn't Top Trumps, and even though we've improved in many areas, this team is going to need some serious time to gel - at least ten games, maybe even half a season. Most importantly, they need wins behind them, otherwise several years of building goes down the shitter and we destroy whatever confidence we had built over time.

There's a lot of potential, but that's all it is right now. If this level of rebuild was needed I hope that the pressure is off of LJ and that he isn't held to the idea that we need to achieve better than 6th this season.

I'm quite happy with the personnel in the middle and up front and options we now have. What concerns me the most is the void left by Webster leaving. If we still had him I would be confident of being in the top 6. What we have now is an inexperienced at this level CB in Moore, a CB who is injury prone and picks up a lot of cards and a CB who has hardly played in the last 12 months and cant defend or pass but us the club captain.

LJ needs to find someone pretty quickly from the free agents available to plug that void otherwise we will be nowhere near the top 6. We have conceded 7 goals in 3 matches now and it appears we will be entertained this season regards attacking play but the leaky defence is back again

Archived