IGNORED

LJ

Red Army 75

1 hour ago, phantom said:

His whole body language and demeanor are different to previous interviews (even when we have lost)

I'm not sure the reasons you mentioned are relevant but he is clearly very wound up about something

Complete guess on my part - Having to sell Webster then not replacing him with another ball-playing centre back and also being gazumped at the 11th hour by Leeds. 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He was clearly very frustrated at the officials which was understandable considering it never should have got as far as penalties. 

Lesson 5, A Course In Miracles: I Am Never Upset For The Reason I Think.

Very useful Yankee spiritual life advice for LJ, City fans and OTIB Otibers bothered by Bailey Wright, Fam fluffing chances, City flunking penalty shootouts, kiddies not turning up for medicals, centre halves not being replaced, parking problems around BS3,  season ticket issues, posters posting stuff that's just plain bollocks, etc.

Other Lessons include:

1. Nothing I See Means Anything.

2. I Have Given Everything I See - even Bailey Wright trying to pass a football - All The Meaning That It Has For Me.

3. I Do Not Understand Anything I See.

4. My Thoughts - about Bailey Wright - Do Not Mean Anything.

6. I Am Upset Because I See Something That Is Not There (ie Bailey Wright: why are you not in the penalty area cutting out that cross about to be swept past our keeper?)

7. I See Only The Past.

8. My Mind Is Preoccupied With Past Thoughts. And previous visits to Loftus Road, not including last season. And Bailey Wright, defending ineptly. At somewhere like Preston. Or Birmingham. Or a dozen other Championship venues.

9. I See Nothing As It Is Now. Which is why @Harry wisely re-watches matches, and stills crucial points in games, frame by frame, so he can see things as they were now/last night, not as my mind tells me they were/are. 

And so it, and we, go on. Meaningless thoughts, showing us a meaningless world, and thus, a meaningless life we lead. And so we are upset. But not for the reason we think.

And so, Bailey Wright must have it: both barrells, this Saturday, and every Saturday/Tuesday /Saturday, it's all his fault, the useless, meaningless Aussie ****!

I like the conspiracy theories deduced from LJs postmatch interview. 

It's like your missus getting home from work  to learn you've pranged the car, forgotten to get the shopping and didn't put the oven on. The missus is upset from which you deduce that she's having an affair with her boss, will leave you andtake the kids and has lost all the family savings gambling on line!

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

I'm quite happy with the personnel in the middle and up front and options we now have. What concerns me the most is the void left by Webster leaving. If we still had him I would be confident of being in the top 6. What we have now is an inexperienced at this level CB in Moore, a CB who is injury prone and picks up a lot of cards and a CB who has hardly played in the last 12 months and cant defend or pass but us the club captain.

LJ needs to find someone pretty quickly from the free agents available to plug that void otherwise we will be nowhere near the top 6. We have conceded 7 goals in 3 matches now and it appears we will be entertained this season regards attacking play but the leaky defence is back again

15 in 5

3 hours ago, Olé said:

Interestingly I also noticed after his second haranguing of the ref, LJ immediately made a beeline for Nagy. I am very curious if he felt he should've put himself forward for a penalty before Wright, given Wright is in that seasonal mode where confidence is shot to pieces, shoulders are slumped, passes are loose. No one thought he'd score, least of all him.

Interesting.

Judging by our Hungarian friend's assessment of Nagy, as well as the interviews given, it seems he'll will be seen as a player of influence in the dressing room. I'm hoping he's the kind of player who'll feed off direct assessment and discussion with the coaches, and help transmit this on the pitch to others

6 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He wouldn't sell Pack if he didn't want to. He replaced him with Nagy who he probably prefers so don't see why that would be a problem. He's just annoyed at the ref and parts of how we played.

He made it clear in an earlier interview that the midfield recruitment was so Marlon (and Josh perhaps) didn't have to play every game. Then the bid from Cardiff was too good to turn down, especially for Marlon.

He is undoubtedly disappointed and spoke about his relationship with Marlon and his family with obvious feeling.

19 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He wouldn't sell Pack if he didn't want to. He replaced him with Nagy who he probably prefers so don't see why that would be a problem. He's just annoyed at the ref and parts of how we played.

I don’t think he has that kind of control over transfers out of the club.

No manager wants to sell a player he thinks will benefit his team by being part of his squad, both the Pack and Webster transfers would have been against LJ’s wishes.

At this moment in time the team is far weaker than last season, part due to injury, part due to the time needed to integrate new players, but mainly due to the transfer of those two players.

We will miss Webster until a genuine like for like replacement is found and joins either now as a unattached player or in January. Moore is not the answer week in week out this season.

Nagy may be a decent replacement for Pack, but as a squad player Pack would have been well worth keeping.

I agree with you that his interview was very much about how we lost, and underlying that in my opinion was LJ knowing  that he was forced to agree to transfers he didn’t want to happen.

40 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

I don’t think he has that kind of control over transfers out of the club.

No manager wants to sell a player he thinks will benefit his team by being part of his squad, both the Pack and Webster transfers would have been against LJ’s wishes.

At this moment in time the team is far weaker than last season, part due to injury, part due to the time needed to integrate new players, but mainly due to the transfer of those two players.

We will miss Webster until a genuine like for like replacement is found and joins either now as a unattached player or in January. Moore is not the answer week in week out this season.

Nagy may be a decent replacement for Pack, but as a squad player Pack would have been well worth keeping.

I agree with you that his interview was very much about how we lost, and underlying that in my opinion was LJ knowing  that he was forced to agree to transfers he didn’t want to happen.

It is just as well that he is not alone in deciding transfers . 

The club need to regulate their accounts and the way LJ signs new players we’d have a squad of a hundred and more .  

Archived