IGNORED

new away travel partner ...

swampy

1 hour ago, Cider-Head23 said:

The app's only on android, pretty sure most have Iphone so that's not helpful.

Plus split tickets on trainline well in advance of your travel date will always be the cheapest.

Most don't have iPhone.....  They really don't...  That's why most apps appear on Android first - because of the 75% market share!

• Admin
42 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Split ticket is easiest to use, and the cheapest. 

I wonder how much business TrainAI will actually get from sponsoring the club? Can't imagine it'll be of great advantage to them

Have noticed the app appearing on other clubs websites too, not unique to us, would assume it is via the EFL?

48 minutes ago, phantom said:

Have noticed the app appearing on other clubs websites too, not unique to us, would assume it is via the EFL?

I seen it advertised in Birmingham on Saturday (in their ground) so must be an EFL thing.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hadn't thought of that, if it's with other clubs you'd assume so. 

Even still, with the amount they'd have put towards advertising it, you'd still have to wonder whether they'll get their money back

if you've got time (& patience) I would advise going through any split ticketing website until you can see the trains you would be booking on and then go through the trainline - you pay a commission-like amount of c.5% on split my fare from recollection.

@swampy makes a good point though - London games are the only games most fans can get back from because of the time major trains stop running. Derby is the furthest I can go for an away game (North or South West) by train if I want to come back the same day (that's from a supposed second City).

17 hours ago, solihull cider red said:

if you've got time (& patience) I would advise going through any split ticketing website until you can see the trains you would be booking on and then go through the trainline - you pay a commission-like amount of c.5% on split my fare from recollection.

One point - As far as I am aware you cannot choose your seats through the websites though, so you could get from Temple Meads to Cheltenham then get asked to move because you have someones reserved seats from Cheltenham, then move to your new reserved seats. Whether or not this has changed I don't know, but when I have done it a couple of years ago I have rang up National Rail for tickets and asked to keep the same seats.

21 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Most don't have iPhone.....  They really don't...  That's why most apps appear on Android first - because of the 75% market share!

Interesting to know, have never read up on it. 

Just find If I'm in a pub with say 8 mates about 7 of us will have iphones to the 1 android. May just be a coincidence. 

4 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Still not "most" though.

Not as a whole no but when you add in young people & older people with cheap Samsung’s who companies can’t use to monetize I’d guess it’s more 65/35 in Apples favor. 

1 hour ago, Unan said:

Not as a whole no but when you add in young people & older people with cheap Samsung’s who companies can’t use to monetize I’d guess it’s more 65/35 in Apples favor. 

Re confused face 

A large amount of Samsung’s 53% market share are children under 18 and adults over 60. These people do not use their phones to purchase products. If you don’t include them (as you can’t monetize them) & look at people that will make in-app purchases (as we’re talking about people that’ll use the trainAI) then Apple have a higher % of customers you can make money from.

I always see people say Samsung have a higher market share so it makes sense to sell your products primarily to Android users. Marketing to Apple customers primarily is proven to be a more valuable way to sell your product.

Also they use different programming languages, Swift (Apples) is much nicer to use.

21 minutes ago, Unan said:

Re confused face 

A large amount of Samsung’s 53% market share are children under 18 and adults over 60. These people do not use their phones to purchase products. If you don’t include them (as you can’t monetize them) & look at people that will make in-app purchases (as we’re talking about people that’ll use the trainAI) then Apple have a higher % of customers you can make money from.

I always see people say Samsung have a higher market share so it makes sense to sell your products primarily to Android users. Marketing to Apple customers primarily is proven to be a more valuable way to sell your product.

Also they use different programming languages, Swift (Apples) is much nicer to use.

No idea if this is true or not, as not a sector I know anything about, but have you got any sources for all of that?

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No idea if this is true or not, as not a sector I know anything about, but have you got any sources for all of that?

Can’t share my source as it’s through work & I’d get in trouble (what I’ve shared so far is relatively common knowledge in the industry), but this article goes in to some detail about how iOS users are better to target.

https://buildfire.com/ios-android-users/

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

My advice is to use nationalrail.co.uk & journey planner about three months before your journey, Check your fare against the fare given one and two months before your journey and make up your mind when best to book for the best possible price. Don't you have schools in England??

You'd save more money doing that if you did exactly the same but used Ticket Splitter instead of the National Rail site. Don't you have schools in Sweden?

Most so called "business" seems to made up on people being totally out in the blue. Probably because they are the same. I'm a nut genius making money on other people and I'm a total nut.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You'd save more money doing that if you did exactly the same but used Ticket Splitter instead of the National Rail site. Don't you have schools in Sweden?

Great to have you back my friend! I will read your advice!

5 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Most so called "business" seems to made up on people being totally out in the blue. Probably because they are the same. I'm a nut genius making money on other people and I'm a total nut.

Great to have you back my friend! I will read your advice!

"Will the gentleman be/is the gentleman drinking vodka, cider or some as yet undisclosed exoctic beverage this Friday night?"

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Always thought nationalrail.co.uk gave the best price of course checking the prices closer to this day but if Phileas Fogg say I'm wrong I'm wrong.

I trust Phileas.

A proven top man. 

It can save you a lot using that site, even at short notice - give it a go next time you visit and save a few quid for ?

Archived