IGNORED

Kodjia to Besiktas Rumour

Oakleyson

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Wasn't there a suggestion that we forfeited a sell-on clause as part of the Baker deal?

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Actually yes you're right - no idea if true, but that was definitely discussed at the time.

I believe we forfeited some of the instalments due to us, not the sell on. 

I remember Palace tried to get us to forfeit our sell on for Bolasie when we wanted Gayle from them though. 

9 minutes ago, Midred said:

Out of interest, what happens when a player is sold back to the original club? If for example, we sold Taylor back to Rovers for £750,000 would they deduct the £60,000 (20%) sell on fee leaving us with £690,000??

20% of £10 million is a lot bigger than £60k! 

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I believe we forfeited some of the instalments due to us, not the sell on. 

I remember Palace tried to get us to forfeit our sell on for Bolasie when we wanted Gayle from them though. 

Yes, might’ve even been me suggesting that we could offset fee by cancelling Kodjia sell-on. No idea if true. 

Last summer MA confirmed re renegotiated the deal in our favour by paying some /all of the remaining instalments early. Eg you still owe £2m over 2 years, give us £1.5m now and we’ll write off the rest. 

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Out of interest, what happens when a player is sold back to the original club? If for example, we sold Taylor back to Rovers for £750,000 would they deduct the £60,000 (20%) sell on fee leaving us with £690,000??

Yes, sell-on still applicable, which effectively nets off. 

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Wouldn't have thought there would be a sell on, not given that his transfer was trigger by us triggering a release clause.

1 hour ago, Midred said:

They probably wouldn't pay us anything knowing that lot of reprobates in BS7.

49 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wouldn't have thought there would be a sell on, not given that his transfer was trigger by us triggering a release clause.

I think you are more than likely correct. Suspect £300k(ish) was a sum that would give them compensation for giving him a new deal. Doubt they could be choosy re sell-on clauses!

3 hours ago, Midred said:

They don't have £7.50 to spend on transfer fees let alone £750,000

Archived