IGNORED

Dasilva injury

Lympsham Red

We're just going to have to get through until January. Tommy Rowe will clearly be first choice but there may be options in the free agency market. Dependant on the terms of his loan bringing Cam Pring back may be an option in January too. 

On second thoughts, perhaps it commits us to 3 at the back for the foreseeable future. 

14 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

5 weeks to 5 months, that's some difference!

Martin Olsson still available on a free, perhaps one we should seriously look at now?

Hunt/Pereira could play left back, I think that's our best option if Rowe gets injured/suspended. 

I know injuries are part and parcel of the game and all clubs get them, but bloody hell we've had some atrocious luck in recent seasons. The year we had the big cup run, for instance, we ended up with something like 6 or 7 senior players undergoing quite significant surgery for long-term injuries, and ended up with the squad stretched really, really thin. (From memory, there were knees - Hegeler, Fammy, among others, groins - Taylor, Duric, and a number of other issues; so much so that we had the then physio, Steve Allen, doing vids to explain the nature of the injuries, the treatment and players' progress, which I've never seen before or since). Last year Korey gets a bad one and then another within no time at all of making his comeback, and so on, and on. This is another big loss and I really feel for Dasilva, plus as you say a selection/cover problem that has far-reaching implications for how we can set up.

I have seen very little of Olsson and don't know why he has been released by Swansea at the age of 31 (partly financial reasons, maybe: they aren't exactly flush), but he certainly doesn't lack for experience. Must be worth at least considering, one would think, perhaps a contact for the remainder of the current season?   

2 minutes ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Reading up about Martin Olsson, seems a no brainer but had a bad injury last year, same sort of player as Dasilva ain't he? Anyone know much about him? 

Didn't know about the injury, which might account for why he's OOC. Do you know what the nature of the injury was?

2 minutes ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Reading up about Martin Olsson, seems a no brainer but had a bad injury last year, same sort of player as Dasilva ain't he? Anyone know much about him? Possibly two Swedes linking up on left hand side of midfield 

Martin Olsson before last season would be a fantastic signing but he only played 4 times last season so not sure if his injury has finished him?

8 minutes ago, Coppello said:

After the Nketiah saga and now Dasilva’s injury, I can’t help but feel the following gif is apt for our season:

awkward the simpsons GIF

I agree. I’m not going to be all dramatic and say the injury could shape our season but add in Webster going and it certainly feels like a right kick in the stomach. Feels like one step forward and two back at the moment. LJ must be pulling his hair out.

5 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Can we get an emergency loan in or is that too late?

Keepers only isn’t it. I think we can get unattached players in but that’s it isn’t it? We can loan out to League one and below but not get players in from them?

Archived