IGNORED

Dasilva injury

Lympsham Red

7 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Ruptured Achilles so pretty nasty...

Ah, right; well, that's a really horrible injury. Thanks for the info.

I've seen that happen to a mate, as well as to a couple of high-profile professionals. (For those like me who go back a long way, Neil Webb, the former Forest and England player, for example, was never the same after he suffered this injury, if my memory is correct). It can be a career-changing event. It's a long rehab period, too, I think, so depending on when it occurred he may be some considerable way from fitness, in which case he obviously would not meet our need for a ready-made replacement.

7 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Does anybody know what the injury is?

I take it the ruptured achcilles is in reference to Olsson?

Yes, just checked it out. Injured 11th December last year and immediately ruled out for the remainder of the season.

His availability record before that seems OK, so does not appear to be a case of him being injury -prone. Ruptured achilles is a really nasty one, though, and in the worst cases can sometimes end careers.

Rehab is, I think, an absolute minimum of 6 months, but can be longer, even 8 - 10, but his surgery was said at the time to have been successful and he is 8 months into his recovery, so he may be fine now. What he won't be, I would guess, is match fit after such a long lay-off, so probably not an immediate solution.

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Play Hunt there. Someone solid who can defend. Stick Eliasson in front of him and tell Hunt to just keep shape and pass Eliason the ball. Milner did this for Liverpool a couple of seasons ago. 

Can hunt defend? 

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

How about Eliasson left wing back? Improving all the time in his defensive duties. Or obviously COD who has played there a bit in the past.

If it's to be a case of a member of the existing squad adapting to the position to help the team, COD would seem to me to be the most obvious candidate, in terms of his characteristics as a player. In view of his current contractual position and uncertain standing with LJ, it would offer both club and player an opportunity to turn a corner, though that would also depend a great deal on his qualities as a person, as well as his skill set. If he's willing to give it a go and makes a decent fist of it, it might resolve several problems in one go. Interesting food for thought, perhaps.  

3 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Fabio Coentrao out of contract. 

Would that count as a "bold" signing? 

Who?

17 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

I disagree completely,

Letting him go on loan left us with only one Natural left back,

Tommy Rowe can play there, yes, but I wouldn't class him as a proper left back, when he's played the majority of his career in midfield.

So I think it was a poor decision.

Agreed. What shall we do Saturday, then - get on Bailey Wright's back?

I think Pring would have coped well as he looks to have it all (attack, defence and aerial ability) aside from experience.  It's a pity that there isn't a recall option now, although I think he can be recalled in the January window that opens Jan 9th. That's about a month or so before JD is due back and I'm not sure if the five months out projection includes a time for getting match fit. 

Archived