IGNORED

Dasilva injury

Lympsham Red

1 hour ago, grifty said:

He went out on loan before Dasilva was injured, so not a terrible decision at all.

No terrible decision - surely the club should have foreseen the Dasilva injury coming? !  

If not then we should employ a psychic to address just this sort of issue. :)

With DaSilva out so long...how would this work out...?

_______________Bentley______________

_____Kalas______Baker_____Moore____

__________Nagy______Messengo______

Pedro__________________________Rowe

_________Brownhill____Palmer________

________________Afobe______________

Love playing around with team selections ?

2 hours ago, J-mat said:

Barnaby Soady on the bench soon then? 

He's highly rated - obviously far sooner than ideal, but might be our only option at this rate.

13 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Bet Nagy could play in a three at the back, allowing Massengo and Brownhill to cover CM

Would be a big waste, he was clearly bought in to play midfield.

1 hour ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

The solution is simple - all out attack !!

Flat back three - now there’s a new football term!!!

1 hour ago, spudski said:

32311 it is then

Nice ?

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I think you love playing with the “underscore” key more ?

And finally....what is wrong with Olsson’s Twin?

2 hours ago, spudski said:

well if the back three could cope that would be a cracking line up!

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Pedro and Rowe would drop to make a 4 or 5 at the back when on the defensive... that's how I thought it through.

yep. Only seen them briefly of course but I though Pereira looked good once he settled at Birmingham and Rowe seems a Wade Elliott type appointment - experienced natural leader.

7 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

yep. Only seen them briefly of course but I though Pereira looked good once he settled at Birmingham and Rowe seems a Wade Elliott type appointment - experienced natural leader.

Hoping everyone gells quickly.

My only concerns tbh, are the tracking back from certain players and work rate in pressing of others.

I also hope we get more movement into the right places from the front line.

It’s the obvious back three, no argument there, but why in that configuration? Moore is right sided, I believe, and Baker left, and I would have thought Kallas was our most robust defender and a natural choice to play centrally. Otherwise, I like the look of it.

5 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

I know injuries are part and parcel of the game and all clubs get them, but bloody hell we've had some atrocious luck in recent seasons. The year we had the big cup run, for instance, we ended up with something like 6 or 7 senior players undergoing quite significant surgery for long-term injuries, and ended up with the squad stretched really, really thin. (From memory, there were knees - Hegeler, Fammy, among others, groins - Taylor, Duric, and a number of other issues; so much so that we had the then physio, Steve Allen, doing vids to explain the nature of the injuries, the treatment and players' progress, which I've never seen before or since). Last year Korey gets a bad one and then another within no time at all of making his comeback, and so on, and on. This is another big loss and I really feel for Dasilva, plus as you say a selection/cover problem that has far-reaching implications for how we can set up.

I have seen very little of Olsson and don't know why he has been released by Swansea at the age of 31 (partly financial reasons, maybe: they aren't exactly flush), but he certainly doesn't lack for experience. Must be worth at least considering, one would think, perhaps a contact for the remainder of the current season?   

Yes seasons ******

I’d go same players but move a couple around (Kalas in middle of the back three and Nagy just in front). Although I’d be tempted to play Weimann for Messengo while he gets up to speed and put him on the right of Brownhill.

Bentley 

Moore  Kalas  Baker 

Pereira         Nagy          Rowe 

Brownhill  Massengo 

Palmer 

Afobe

40 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Rowe is one of those two players who will work his socks off because he knows this is his big and probably last chance for a shot at the big time .

From the little I’ve seen he makes me think of Mark Little, limited skill wise but more than makes up for that with his energy and enthusiasm.

50 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

It’s the obvious back three, no argument there, but why in that configuration? Moore is right sided, I believe, and Baker left, and I would have thought Kallas was our most robust defender and a natural choice to play centrally. Otherwise, I like the look of it.

Kalas has played right side before, both for us and previous teams.

I think Baker is better more central as his reading of the game is good and wins headers.

Moore played left side against Leeds and did ok.

Hence my reasoning.

41 minutes ago, eardun said:

I’d go same players but move a couple around (Kalas in middle of the back three and Nagy just in front). Although I’d be tempted to play Weimann for Messengo while he gets up to speed and put him on the right of Brownhill.

Bentley 

Moore  Kalas  Baker 

Pereira         Nagy          Rowe 

Brownhill  Massengo 

Palmer 

Afobe

See above chap ?

3 hours ago, tin said:

Where does it say Dasilva’s out for five months? LJ said in his presser today 10-12 weeks.

That’s up to three months out, so hopefully back in the XI before Christmas, barring any setbacks. 

In the press conference Johnson said that he won't be on the training pitch for 12 weeks but then said he expects him out of the team for 4-5 months. 

46 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Rowe is one of those two players who will work his socks off because he knows this is his big and probably last chance for a shot at the big time .

From the little I’ve seen he makes me think of Mark Little, limited skill wise but more than makes up for that with his energy and enthusiasm.

All about opinions MI, but Rowe is a very decent technical player...has a lovely left foot too.

Loved Litts but he was predominantly power, speed and strength.

Archived