IGNORED

Dasilva injury

Lympsham Red

2 minutes ago, Ciudad Bristol said:

does the 5- 6 months include getting back to match fitness?

I think slightly different timescales were given to the press than to senior reds if i’m getting the detail correct.

i read / heard it as:

10-12 weeks (3-4 months) to get back on the grass

4-5 month’s total....

....so 5 months imho to be ready for selection.  

New year at least then ?

It’s one of them really. It would be even worse if we hadn’t sold Kelly, as we wouldn’t have brought in Rowe (or lots of others, including Dasilva), and now they’re both injured. This time last season we were spoilt for choice. 

I wouldn’t be so keen on playing Pring alongside Moore for any length of time, Moore needs experience next to him, and and Baker is too injury prone to be counted on for a long period - I don’t see what Johnson could have done any differently, even if he had anticipated this, which is clearly a worst case scenario playing out. 

18 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

If it's to be a case of a member of the existing squad adapting to the position to help the team, COD would seem to me to be the most obvious candidate, in terms of his characteristics as a player. In view of his current contractual position and uncertain standing with LJ, it would offer both club and player an opportunity to turn a corner, though that would also depend a great deal on his qualities as a person, as well as his skill set. If he's willing to give it a go and makes a decent fist of it, it might resolve several problems in one go. Interesting food for thought, perhaps.  

Who?

Play COD? Cry heresy!

Unless he signs his contract he should be made to clean the boots of his team mates?

18 hours ago, Bullbag said:

I disagree completely,

Letting him go on loan left us with only one Natural left back,

Tommy Rowe can play there, yes, but I wouldn't class him as a proper left back, when he's played the majority of his career in midfield.

So I think it was a poor decision.

Wouldn't have been good for his development to have kept him here on the off chance someone got injured. 

Furthermore, who's to say he would have been good enough to make the step up to championship football?

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Wouldn't have been good for his development to have kept him here on the off chance someone got injured. 

Furthermore, who's to say he would have been good enough to make the step up to championship football?

I know it was earlier in his career, but he’s started over 100 games at Champ level.

1 minute ago, Bullbag said:

True, fair point.

Hopefully Tommy Rowe settles in well at left back/wing back.

COYR

He looks like a very good addition already, especially on a free. 

Pring will come good, he has all the attributes to, we need to give him exposure to mens football though first

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed, likely not ready yet. Wiki says he's played 14 games for League teams- 7 for Newport and 7 for Cheltenham.

I know Newport season ticket holders and they really rated him, he was just unfortunate to be behind (they said) the best left back in the league last year, now moved on - Dan Butler - otherwise would have played a bit more

• Admin
10 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Great-and quite astonishing to see Jay Dasilva up and running on a treadmill today! (on our FB page) 

I wonder how long he's away from being back in the frame? 

The video is slightly misleading as he is running in one of those specially designed chambers where there is weight loss, he is a LONG way from being back in training

25 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Great-and quite astonishing to see Jay Dasilva up and running on a treadmill today! (on our FB page) 

I wonder how long he's away from being back in the frame? 

Around the Christmas period/early January would be my guess.

3 hours ago, phantom said:

The video is slightly misleading as he is running in one of those specially designed chambers where there is weight loss, he is a LONG way from being back in training

I think Smith was on that machine some 6-8 weeks ago - he's only just got back to light training on the grass this week.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Who knows, there were whispers that he could be available some time towards the end of February

Sounds about right.

On 17/10/2019 at 10:10, phantom said:

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Can get them at mothercare!

F9B8FE1D-225D-4006-A560-EF75407426FF.jpeg.310e708c9fdb26ba10943d73c6086018.jpeg

Blimey!

I know that Dasilva is a bit on the small side for a full back, but never realised he was that small!

Some positive news on the injury 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/smith-dasilva-hunt-latest-bristol-3554896

"The left-back underwent a scan on the fractured tibia which has kept him out since the opening game of the season on August 4 and all signs appear positive.

Dasilva's original expected return date was five months - which was January - but providing there aren't any further complications, he could be back before 2020.

"He's going well," Holden said. "He's in a real tricky part of his rehab. He's back on the grass and back at it. Still 1-to-1 training away from the group but he's got to get these next few weeks without any setbacks.

"We've got to be clever in terms of how we manage him but he's definitely on the way back up, no question about that."

When asked if it was weeks rather than months, Holden added: "I would hope so.""

35 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Some positive news on the injury 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/smith-dasilva-hunt-latest-bristol-3554896

"The left-back underwent a scan on the fractured tibia which has kept him out since the opening game of the season on August 4 and all signs appear positive.

Dasilva's original expected return date was five months - which was January - but providing there aren't any further complications, he could be back before 2020.

"He's going well," Holden said. "He's in a real tricky part of his rehab. He's back on the grass and back at it. Still 1-to-1 training away from the group but he's got to get these next few weeks without any setbacks.

"We've got to be clever in terms of how we manage him but he's definitely on the way back up, no question about that."

When asked if it was weeks rather than months, Holden added: "I would hope so.""

Will be massive Jay returning. A proper out ball who won't lose it, but also move the ball forward. Will fit into our new system perfectly, and even have more freedom than last season.

Archived