IGNORED

Dasilva injury

Lympsham Red

37 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Some positive news on the injury 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/smith-dasilva-hunt-latest-bristol-3554896

"The left-back underwent a scan on the fractured tibia which has kept him out since the opening game of the season on August 4 and all signs appear positive.

Dasilva's original expected return date was five months - which was January - but providing there aren't any further complications, he could be back before 2020.

"He's going well," Holden said. "He's in a real tricky part of his rehab. He's back on the grass and back at it. Still 1-to-1 training away from the group but he's got to get these next few weeks without any setbacks.

"We've got to be clever in terms of how we manage him but he's definitely on the way back up, no question about that."

When asked if it was weeks rather than months, Holden added: "I would hope so.""

That can't help surely? I never get anything done when I'm on it...

17 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Some positive news on the injury 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/smith-dasilva-hunt-latest-bristol-3554896

"The left-back underwent a scan on the fractured tibia which has kept him out since the opening game of the season on August 4 and all signs appear positive.

Dasilva's original expected return date was five months - which was January - but providing there aren't any further complications, he could be back before 2020.

"He's going well," Holden said. "He's in a real tricky part of his rehab. He's back on the grass and back at it. Still 1-to-1 training away from the group but he's got to get these next few weeks without any setbacks.

"We've got to be clever in terms of how we manage him but he's definitely on the way back up, no question about that."

When asked if it was weeks rather than months, Holden added: "I would hope so.""

That still reads as January to me, maybe a couple of U23's or possibly on the bench over xmas, but still not 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

That still reads as January to me, maybe a couple of U23's or possibly on the bench over xmas, but still not 90 minutes.

Yeh. When you consider that January is only 5-6 weeks away anyway I see what you mean. But it's positive from the angle that there seems to have been no set backs, he seems in track, possibly ever so slightly ahead of track.

After the Kalas, Nagy and Smith delays this is a welcome bit of good news.

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh. When you consider that January is only 5-6 weeks away anyway I see what you mean. But it's positive from the angle that there seems to have been no set backs, he seems in track, possibly ever so slightly ahead of track.

After the Kalas, Nagy and Smith delays this is a welcome bit of good news.

mean's we'll no longer be able to use injuries to excuse poor results at home to the likes of wigan

On 19/11/2019 at 17:11, JonDolman said:

Will be massive Jay returning. A proper out ball who won't lose it, but also move the ball forward. Will fit into our new system perfectly, and even have more freedom than last season.

Do you think we will keep the new system? We only started to use it because of injury in the first place. Personally I’d like to keep it and agree with your thoughts 

16 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Do you think we will keep the new system? We only started to use it because of injury in the first place. Personally I’d like to keep it and agree with your thoughts 

I think so yes. It seems the only player it doesn't suit is Eliasson. But even then I feel there should be ways around it. I don't believe someone as good as Eliasson would be unable to adapt to a different system that does not have wingers. 

The key thing seems to be LJ wants to play 2 up top. It's a sensible formation to play 2 up top and keep numbers in midfield so we are not outnumbered. 

I am sure LJ will change it though like he is during games to a 442 etc, or even start games with 4 at the back at times.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I think so yes. It seems the only player it doesn't suit is Eliasson. But even then I feel there should be ways around it. I don't believe someone as good as Eliasson would be unable to adapt to a different system that does not have wingers. 

The key thing seems to be LJ wants to play 2 up top. It's a sensible formation to play 2 up top and keep numbers in midfield so we are not outnumbered. 

I am sure LJ will change it though like he is during games to a 442 etc, or even start games with 4 at the back at times.

Yep, he’s the one who misses out, but it suits several more players....so I’d like to see Lee continue with it.

Archived