IGNORED

Formation

wendyredredrobin

5 at the back seemed like our best formation last season with Jack & Jay being able to safely roam forwards.

This year, our defence looks a bit more shakey and may need the protection of an extra body in midfield. For me, Eliasson must start and I would like to see Massengo and Nagy at the heart of our midfield.

Palmer sat behind Afobe up front might be a decent pairing too (though I still prefer Weimann behind the front man rather than out wide), so against QPR, I was thinking along the lines of:

Bentley

Pereira  Kalas  Baker  Rowe

Nagy Massengo

Weimann   Palmer   Eliasson

Afobe

Or would LJ be brave enough to go with a 442 with Afobe and Diedhiou up front? Is it too soon to throw Massengo in from the start.

Last term, we had a fairly settled team, but I think it's going to take a few games to get to that point.

That leaves no room for Brownhill though?

Korey and Jay out until Christmas at best is a big blow to our campaign and you can bet that a few more injuries will crop up as the season progresses.

This is the dilemma!

For me, two up top in a 5212 or 4132 means a narrow midfield and no place for Niclas to use his skills wide.  He could play narrow in the 4132.

442 suits his wing play, but leaves us exposed in CM...and leaves us without Palmer.

4231 means one up top.

etc etc

Archived