IGNORED

Taylor Moore

Agard Days Night

MOORE TIME IN BS3 FOR TAYLOR

FRIDAY, AUGUST 16TH 2019

Taylor Moore has agreed a new two-year contract at Ashton Gate.

The 22-year-old defender completed the formalities of his deal earlier today, which sees him tied to the club until the summer of 2021.

Head Coach Lee Johnson said: “Taylor has earned his stripes by going out and playing League Two and League One football.

“His attitude has been exemplary and he fully deserves his new contract given his start to this season, both in pre-season and the games played already.”

Having arrived in BS3 from Lens in 2016, Moore has enhanced his development on loan at Bury, Cheltenham Town and most recently Southend United.

Moore continued to impress during the club’s 2019/20 pre-season training camp in Florida and was named in the starting XI for the season opener against Leeds United. He also completed 90 minutes in the Carabao Cup first round tie at QPR on Tuesday night.

Moore has made nine senior appearances in City colours to date.

2 minutes ago, Abingdon Red said:

Not too big an extension, seems to show they're less sure about him than others who have been given 4 year deals.

Hope he can can continue to develop and prove he should be here beyond 2021.

For all we know he could have been offered a longer deal, but agent and player thought a 2 year deal may be more fitting with their plan for his future?

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good luck to the lad.

Sensible decision by club too, as out of contract next summer.

Lets see @Agard Days Night and @BS4 on Tour... take over this thread ???

Spot on.The club have done it right by only 2 years because I’m not sure about him and guess the manager isn’t either,long gone are the days when 4 year contracts were dished out willy nilly at this club 

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’ve said before , I don’t think he’s ready yet . Very happy for him to prove me wrong and will Save us £m’s if he does. 

He comes across as a really nice lad and is obviously driven to succeed .

well done Taylor 

At 22? I doubt he is ready, but I'm sure Ina couple of years time he will be a very good player. Let's hope that the pressure doesn't get to him and he can do a job. Gwaan Taylor.......

2 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

At 22? I doubt he is ready, but I'm sure Ina couple of years time he will be a very good player. Let's hope that the pressure doesn't get to him and he can do a job. Gwaan Taylor.......

Yes I agree , and if we’d bought a replacement for Webster it he wouldn’t of been trust into the Leeds game. The championship is a very harsh league though and any mistake is highlighted. I certainly won’t heap any pressure on him during games . I really do hope this is the making of him. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an option for another year. The thing with a 2 year deal is (I believe) it takes TM to an age where compensation wouldn’t be applicable under Bosman, so if he wasn’t going to be used this year, perversely we’d have been better off not extending to get maximum value.

As for TM - this is a big season for him. He’s clearly worked hard, bulked out and now has nigh on 100 senior games. Webster’s late departure really opens a door for him and I’d hope he had enough about him to step up - wasn’t fantastic defensively vs Leeds (were very good points though) but he seems the type to learn and move on - Nagy ahead will also help.

The contract for me gives him a clear sign he’s getting a chance and I think he’ll work his damndest to take it - I think he may have the ability to do so as well 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes I agree , and if we’d bought a replacement for Webster it he wouldn’t of been trust into the Leeds game. The championship is a very harsh league though and any mistake is highlighted. I certainly won’t heap any pressure on him during games . I really do hope this is the making of him. 

I just hope it's not the breaking of him, he should have plenty of time to nurture, with Bakers injury record it's almost a given that Moore will play more than is ideal.

24 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Firstly how does anyone replace such a classy CB as Webster? Secondly the club had two potential CBs on the radar but neither panned out. It was not as if  City weren’t looking.

As for TM - with Wright injured, he’ll undoubtedly be involved over the upcoming games. Kalas, Baker and Moore are the only fit  CBs and the more game time he gets the better he’ll become. It’s all about Championship experience from now on.

I appreciate that It was only one game against top drawer opposition but I saw enough of TM to be encouraged that he could develop into a very decent Championship CB.

35 minutes ago, robinreliant said:

Good news. Hope he kicks on with us. What did Southend fans think of him ? Anybody got any links to them and their comments

on how he performed when he was on loan to them ?

They loved him, would have bitten our hands off to get him back. Trawl back through last seasons loan thread or go and find the OSIB interview with their fanzine guy. It’s all there.

Good interview from Taylor on the City site. Seems a nice lad working as hard as possible to make it. I liked the look of him v Leeds, especially the fact that he is comfortable on the ball. He will make mistakes but then so did Kalas v Leeds for their first goal. 

31 minutes ago, Roe said:

Interesting that it's only an extra year.  If he carries on like he's started this season I feel we might be struggling to get him to sign the next one.

Strange comment the defence have conceded 6 in his last two games and while it certainly wasn't TM's fault - for more than one he could have done much better (and I'm being very generous re the Leeds goal where he lost his marker).

I want him to succeed but just as when Semenyo lost his marker last season and we conceeded - you get found out quickly. Can TM cut this out soon enough - Maggers never could and he was perhaps a better prospect? The jury's out - that's why 2 years is sensible.

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I saw enough of TM to be encouraged that he could develop into a very decent Championship CB.

I could imagine him - if things go well and he finds his feet - developing into a Bristol City captain...he's a different player to the callow youth who left us on loan...

Good interview that, TM seems a very genuin lad, hope he progresses further and becomes a mainstay of the team.  I do think though he needs our encouragement and support, two guys in the Dolman near me against Leeds were moaning about him all game.  Just don't get that attitude, in my view he did well.

All together now...."We got Taylor Moore, got Taylor Moore......"

Archived