IGNORED

Taylor Moore

Agard Days Night

3 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Spot on.The club have done it right by only 2 years because I’m not sure about him and guess the manager isn’t either,long gone are the days when 4 year contracts were dished out willy nilly at this club 

I agree, think this is a holding contract for both club and player....

3 hours ago, Roe said:

Interesting that it's only an extra year.  If he carries on like he's started this season I feel we might be struggling to get him to sign the next one.

....if he performs up to Xmas I suspect a better deal might be on the table, if not then, next summer.  If he doesn’t snatch the opportunity then he maybe off next summer.

i do think he’s thought more highly than Zak, and there is a thinking that he will play better with better players.

3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The single one who truly won't to achieve something at Bristol City F.C.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Is this special to Sweden, where you take information in by use of your head, but then communicate via your bottom?

I think it got somewhat lost in translation!!!

4 hours ago, robinreliant said:

Good news. Hope he kicks on with us. What did Southend fans think of him ? Anybody got any links to them and their comments

on how he performed when he was on loan to them ?

I think that is a tad irrelevant - this is a rather different level.

Particularly where we plan to be this year.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Good luck to the lad.

Sensible decision by club too, as out of contract next summer.

Lets see @Agard Days Night and @BS4 on Tour... take over this thread ???

How dare you @Davefevs ??!!!

However, I noticed the absolute fraud known as @Agard Days Night actually had the temerity to ‘like’ your post - despite being the perpetrator who posts absolute ‘ITK’ - ‘From the horse’s mouth’ shite on here year after year .... it’s just not funny, after more of the same the absolute joker @Agard Days Night thinks it’s funny - wot a loser!  According to the loser, Moore was signing for Southend end May/start June and he ‘heard it from the horse’s mouth’ - laughable shite from the usual suspect ...

Be interesting to see if Taylor starts today. They will have Hugill up top won't they? Well Baker really struggled with Hugill in one game I can remember at home to Preston. Will LJ gamble on Moore alongside Kalas, or Baker, or all 3. I reckon he might go with Baker and Kalas for this one.

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Firstly how does anyone replace such a classy CB as Webster? Secondly the club had two potential CBs on the radar but neither panned out. It was not as if  City weren’t looking.

As for TM - with Wright injured, he’ll undoubtedly be involved over the upcoming games. Kalas, Baker and Moore are the only fit  CBs and the more game time he gets the better he’ll become. It’s all about Championship experience from now on.

I appreciate that It was only one game against top drawer opposition but I saw enough of TM to be encouraged that he could develop into a very decent Championship CB.

Please point out where I said we weren’t looking for a centre half 

14 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Strange comment the defence have conceded 6 in his last two games and while it certainly wasn't TM's fault - for more than one he could have done much better (and I'm being very generous re the Leeds goal where he lost his marker).

I want him to succeed but just as when Semenyo lost his marker last season and we conceeded - you get found out quickly. Can TM cut this out soon enough - Maggers never could and he was perhaps a better prospect? The jury's out - that's why 2 years is sensible.

Unfortunately for us fans, making mistakes is part of the learning process. It's only a promlem if young players don't learn from them

25 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Please point out where I said we weren’t looking for a centre half 

You wrote ‘if we’d bought a replacement forWebster’. City really tried to sign another CB.

At least you’re not accusing me of ‘talking shit’ this time..............:cool2:

I prefer to look for the positives.

I'm really pleased for him. He was MOM for me in the Leeds game, competitive, attacked the ball & not afraid to use his skills on the ground in bringing the ball out. We Don't have another central defender like that.

I know he had to bulk up and get some lower level experience under his belt and that's given him (perhaps) an appreciation of being a professional footballer.

I really think he has the makings of being the long term replacement for Webster.

The key for him is reading the game quicker and anticipating the opposition runs. I think that will improve over time playing and training with better players around him.

He is a talent that will make mistakes but he's only 22 and he will improve still further.

16 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

MOORE TIME IN BS3 FOR TAYLOR

FRIDAY, AUGUST 16TH 2019

Taylor Moore has agreed a new two-year contract at Ashton Gate.

The 22-year-old defender completed the formalities of his deal earlier today, which sees him tied to the club until the summer of 2021.

Head Coach Lee Johnson said: “Taylor has earned his stripes by going out and playing League Two and League One football.

“His attitude has been exemplary and he fully deserves his new contract given his start to this season, both in pre-season and the games played already.”

Having arrived in BS3 from Lens in 2016, Moore has enhanced his development on loan at Bury, Cheltenham Town and most recently Southend United.

Moore continued to impress during the club’s 2019/20 pre-season training camp in Florida and was named in the starting XI for the season opener against Leeds United. He also completed 90 minutes in the Carabao Cup first round tie at QPR on Tuesday night.

Moore has made nine senior appearances in City colours to date.

Been watching him for some time now & waiting for this great oppertunity that now presents itself...has all the tools,,hope he grasps it with both hands as I was beginning to get concerned about him moving on,us missing out then watching him flourish elsewhere...

Hope he makes it his as the potential to play top level is there...

16 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’ve said before , I don’t think he’s ready yet . Very happy for him to prove me wrong and will Save us £m’s if he does. 

He comes across as a really nice lad and is obviously driven to succeed .

well done Taylor 

Have to agree. Has done some good things but at times he doesnt sense danger quick enough. Good luck to him though.

13 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

I think that is a tad irrelevant - this is a rather different level.

Particularly where we plan to be this year.

I think it's very relevant. How he has progressed etc and the level he is trying to get to. Southend fans had one of our players

and I think that we should all be interested in what they thought of him.

1 hour ago, shelts said:

Early days for the lad . Must improve 

That’s a bit rough, he played almost right back today and Hunt was having a mare in front of him, I thought he handled himself very well. He didn’t look out of place alongside two very experienced defenders.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

That’s a bit rough, he played almost right back today and Hunt was having a mare in front of him, I thought he handled himself very well. He didn’t look out of place alongside two very experienced defenders.

He’s clearly learning and not the finished article . Did ok today . Will LJ stick with him ?

Gotta grow up fast in the championship 

Archived