IGNORED

Taylor Moore

Agard Days Night

11 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Aww,with me thinking you had a handle on this great game of ours and all - you didn't feel that he wished,was trying to succeed?? - shows how wrong you can be...If your opinion of him was that low?? - the folly of the underhand compliment,,kinda hilarious!.. maybe you's should've watched him a few more times,,,..preferably with your eyes open.?..

I'd ditch the plan's to work on the motivational speaking platform if I were you.

Are you feeling okay?

19 hours ago, robinreliant said:

I think it's very relevant. How he has progressed etc and the level he is trying to get to. Southend fans had one of our players

and I think that we should all be interested in what they thought of him.

They certainly seem to be missing him so far this season. They have conceded 8 goals already and even below the Rovers!

image.png.98e276bb46cbde3bec279d9b1f243130.png

24 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I felt sorry for him.

He didn't look up to it, and didnt show himself to be a ball playing centre back against moderate opposition .

Maybe a run of games will help but I suspect he's as good as he will ever be which isn't good enough.

Another post planned and created before the game. I am sorry but I disagree with pretty much every word of that except the moderate opposition. He had a reasonable game and has only just turned 22, if he doesn't improve with experience I will be completely amazed. 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Another post planned and created before the game. I am sorry but I disagree with pretty much every word of that except the moderate opposition. He had a reasonable game and has only just turned 22, if he doesn't improve with experience I will be completely amazed. 

I watched the game and would love him to succeed but don't think he will.

My opinion and not pre planned you utter fool.

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

I felt sorry for him.

He didn't look up to it, and didnt show himself to be a ball playing centre back against moderate opposition .

Maybe a run of games will help but I suspect he's as good as he will ever be which isn't good enough.

Genuine question. Centre backs tend to reach their peak at their late twenties or early 30s. Taylor Moore is a 22 year old in - potentially - his second season of regular first team football. Of course it is reasonable to discuss whether he has the potential to be the standard of what we need but why have you concluded a 22 year old in his second season of regular football is “as good as he ever be”? Probability alone is against you.

I thought all 3 CBs played well yesterday. Moore got caught once in the 1st half but I think that was about it. 

I think people can get caught up a bit on CBs being comfortable coming out with the ball. All looked 'okay' but remember, we were massively spoilt with having Webster doing it last season. 

A lot of premier league CBs are not even close to being as comfortable as Webster so what are the chances of us getting a like for like replacement? Yes I think everyone would love them to stroll out with the ball, make 50 yard passes and keep an immaculate mop of hair but tbh, I'd rather they kept a clean sheet (ooo er) 

2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

I watched the game and would love him to succeed but don't think he will.

My opinion and not pre planned you utter fool.

Thanks for the insult, but I don’t see how you could come to that conclusion unless you were looking for things to confirm your  already prepared conclusion. He defended well and he went forward on at least two occasions to good effect, including one where he sent in a dangerous cross that no one got on the end of. 

Mid you look at the highlights you will see that he was involved in the build up to the first goal as well.

41 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Thanks for the insult, but I don’t see how you could come to that conclusion unless you were looking for things to confirm your  already prepared conclusion. He defended well and he went forward on at least two occasions to good effect, including one where he sent in a dangerous cross that no one got on the end of. 

Mid you look at the highlights you will see that he was involved in the build up to the first goal as well.

Agree.

Taylor Moore has really flummoxed me.

Looked a real prospect when he joined.

Good loan at Lg1 Bury

Disappointing loan (imho) at Lg2 Cheltenham

Decentish loan at Lg1 Southend

I felt he’d slipped behind Vyner in the pecking order...but always hoped he’d come good.

He hasn’t made it yet...but most importantly (for me) I thought he defended well yesterday.  I hope he carries on his progress.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree.

Good loan at Lg1 Bury

Disappointing loan (imho) at Lg2 Cheltenham

Decentish loan at Lg1 Southend

I felt he’d slipped behind Vyner in the pecking order...but always hoped he’d come good.

He hasn’t made it yet...but most importantly (for me) I thought he defended well yesterday.  I hope he carries on his progress.

That interview that someone reproduced on here might explain the change. He said he realised his attitude was not right and went looking for a sports psychologist to help him. It looks to have done him some good.

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That interview that someone reproduced on here might explain the change. He said he realised his attitude was not right and went looking for a sports psychologist to help him. It looks to have done him some good.

Yes, I read that.  

Saw him tweet in the summer that he’d been on some mental toughness course too.

I guess my post above shows that not all players have a linear development line.  I do think more and more (no pun) players are developing in their 20s (22/23) than late teens.  The physical demands on the body these days is forcing that imho.

1 hour ago, TuxHarry said:

Accident waiting to happen unfortunately

Weird comment. Of course he is - because he's a young lad not used to Championship football. He will make mistakes, and if he plays a lot this year he will give goals away too which are without doubt his fault.

If you're going to play young players we have to accept that, and within reason (unless he's hopeless, which he doesn't seem to be) give him support to help him develop. Accidents will happen, but that doesn't make him a bad player.

15 hours ago, arrytheb said:

I thought all 3 CBs played well yesterday. Moore got caught once in the 1st half but I think that was about it. 

I think people can get caught up a bit on CBs being comfortable coming out with the ball. All looked 'okay' but remember, we were massively spoilt with having Webster doing it last season. 

A lot of premier league CBs are not even close to being as comfortable as Webster so what are the chances of us getting a like for like replacement? Yes I think everyone would love them to stroll out with the ball, make 50 yard passes and keep an immaculate mop of hair but tbh, I'd rather they kept a clean sheet (ooo er) 

I am really not bothered if our centre backs  play like midfielders .

I want them to defend then give the ball to the more creative players .

26 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Especially when you have players like Nagy and Messengo who can come deep collect the ball and drive it forward at pace...

33 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The advantage of having a ball playing CB is that it allows the midfielders to outnumber the opposition midfield at the start of an attack.. Gives them more room in other words and hopefully more creative opportunities.

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Agree.

Tbf, we’ve seen very little of TM in the Championship. In fact I’ve seen him play twice at AG, against  Leeds and QPR. In both games he made excusable  errors given his inexperience. Bombed forward against Leeds but played a poor pass and Leeds countered. He got dispossessed once again QPR but thankfully it led to nothing.

No doubt the arrival of Afobe will help TM. They’ll train against each other and Afobe has plenty of top level experience and his movements will be helpful for TM to anticipate better in proper Championship games.

As a defender I like what I’ve seen in 180mins. He has the core skills and with game time he’ll get better and better.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

The advantage of having a ball playing CB is that it allows the midfielders to outnumber the opposition midfield at the start of an attack.. Gives them more room in other words and hopefully more creative opportunities.

The big disadvantage is that the CB carries the ball out leaving a gap that one of the midfielders has to fill to avoid leaving the team too open at the back .

Opposition teams closed down Webster high up the pitch towards the end of last season and he was much less affective.

I actually don’t think that it’s a bad thing that he’s gone because now we are less predictable in our game.

What I don’t want to witness ever again is Kalas and Baker hoofing  the ball up the field more in hope than purpose.

All players at this level should be comfortable on the ball , able to receive and recycle it quickly and accurately.

Archived