IGNORED

Huddersfield v Fulham

Lanterne Rouge

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Huddersfield look even worse than last season.

Huddersfield do look dire. 2 seasons in the prem so its surprising they haven’t got a bit of cash to buy someone half decent . 

Bit annoying that bobby would rather bench it for Fulham than play for us again . Whatever could have lured him to the millionaires of Fulham to be a sub..

20 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

If he didn't want to come back to us he's dead to me (even more ) :badmood:

1 minute ago, The chief said:

Huddersfield do look dire. 2 seasons in the prem so its surprising they haven’t got a bit of cash to buy someone half decent . 

Bit annoying that bobby would rather bench it for Fulham than play for us again . Whatever could have lured him to the millionaires of Fulham to be a sub..

a better chance of prem footie and his mate whos already there maybe?; same goes for Flint and Pack better chance of final days in prem and a few extra quid...who wouldn't go....loyalty counts for nothing.

14 minutes ago, Super said:

Huddersfield look even worse than last season.

9 minutes ago, The chief said:

Think the common denominator is Siewert- they were generally in games last year under Wagner.

Perhaps lacked a bit of punch but often in games. Once Siewert became coach though, they seemed to go downhill and fast! Freefall.

Look a lot worse, less cohesive etc than the one that went up under Wagner, by a fair way.

52 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Joe Bryan, who apparently isn’t a left back going by some OTIB wisdom has another superb game at...left back 

Wouldn’t say he had a superb game. The few attacks that Huddersfield had was down that right hand side. He did okay.

Another superb game too? He cost Fulham the 3 points at Barnsley with a mistake.

10 hours ago, Mendip City said:

1-0... 2 touches in the Huddersfield penalty area.... one goal. The value of a proper striker. 

Weve a bloated unbalanced squad and are crossing our fingers Afobe re-discovers his best.  

I don't know why anyone would think our problems lie up front when we've scored 5 goals this season but conceded 7

47 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Joe Bryan, who apparently isn’t a left back going by some OTIB wisdom has another superb game at...left back 

Did he? 

I saw him give the ball away numerous time under little pressure. I saw the Hudds goal come from a cross on his side that he failed to close down or even attempt to stop. I saw him waste 3 excellent crossing opportunities that could have led to very high percentage scoring chances. I saw his use of the ball at a level below the other Fulham players, in so far as he made about 10 passes back to his keeper of over 20 yards distance, as he was unable to find an outfield teammate - the other Fulham players were much more confident in similar areas and saw the other options to pass and executed them. 

I saw a Hudds manager lose his job because he failed to exploit a clear weak area. Not all JB’s fault I’d add - Cavaleiro had no intention of giving any defensive cover so Joe was mostly isolated at left back with no support from his winger. And an isolated Joe doesn’t know if he’s Arthur or Martha. Hudds should have exploited the fact Cavaleiro was doing nothing and should have regularly probed that side. They didn’t. When they did, they scored. No sympathy for Sievert there. Clueless. 

25 minutes ago, Harry said:

Did he? 

I saw him give the ball away numerous time under little pressure. I saw the Hudds goal come from a cross on his side that he failed to close down or even attempt to stop. I saw him waste 3 excellent crossing opportunities that could have led to very high percentage scoring chances. I saw his use of the ball at a level below the other Fulham players, in so far as he made about 10 passes back to his keeper of over 20 yards distance, as he was unable to find an outfield teammate - the other Fulham players were much more confident in similar areas and saw the other options to pass and executed them. 

I saw a Hudds manager lose his job because he failed to exploit a clear weak area. Not all JB’s fault I’d add - Cavaleiro had no intention of giving any defensive cover so Joe was mostly isolated at left back with no support from his winger. And an isolated Joe doesn’t know if he’s Arthur or Martha. Hudds should have exploited the fact Cavaleiro was doing nothing and should have regularly probed that side. They didn’t. When they did, they scored. No sympathy for Sievert there. Clueless. 

Wow what a biased view. No mention of the good things he did at all!

53 minutes ago, RedDave said:

He did some good things. Yes. But you saying he had a “superb game” is somewhat stretching the truth. He was decent at times and poor at times. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

He did some good things. Yes. But you saying he had a “superb game” is somewhat stretching the truth. He was decent at times and poor at times. 

Have to agree to disagree. I saw a poll from Fulham fans who had Sessegnon as man of the match followed by Bryan as well. Delighted how highly they rate him

Watching the game it struck me how much better Fulham were on the night both as a team and individually.

Many Fulham attacks started on their right, but some also straight through the middle as Town offered little there. What did strike me was that on the few times Fulham attacked on their left, Town's right, they went straight through. A few more left sided players and the score may have been more emphatic.

Trouble is, as City fans we all know by November 30th, Huddersfield will have fixed their problem.

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

Read most forum threads about Walsh, Taylor-Moore, Palmer (last season) and others and it's the OTIB way. 

It's easier to criticise than praise. 

Archived