IGNORED

Derby Away on the Red Button / any pubs showing it?

Lrrr

12 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It is. It`s on the Sky fixture list for Tuesday as being on.

Quite right, this is our team page for all Sky Live Games and Red Button Games.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/teams/bristol-city

We will be on the Red Button like Hodge says 10 times this season (Tuesdays and Wednesdays), unless a game gets rearranged, then it's down to the club to decide if we allow it, if we are going on what happened last season.

As Pillred said, the EFL decided to pull the plug on Red Button games being allowed to be shown in pubs, and also scrapped on NOW TV.

51 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Quite right, this is our team page for all Sky Live Games and Red Button Games.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/teams/bristol-city

We will be on the Red Button like Hodge says 10 times this season (Tuesdays and Wednesdays), unless a game gets rearranged, then it's down to the club to decide if we allow it, if we are going on what happened last season.

As Pillred said, the EFL decided to pull the plug on Red Button games being allowed to be shown in pubs, and also scrapped on NOW TV.

bet the landlords are happy …...bet sky aint dropped the rip off prices they charge pubs either

40 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Anyone know any pubs that will show the Derby game on red button?

I guess The Robins would, but any others?

The EFL and SKY have scrapped the option to watch Red Button games in pubs and also via the NOW TV Pass.

There were too many complaints by Championship clubs that it was affecting attendances.

At the start of last season sky business subs got the red button games, crap sd picture, and then it got stopped. Three will b a few places around that show the game tonight?. Because I have a pub with a v small rateable value, which is what sky n bt use for pricing, I'm paying the absolute minimum. They even let me have the racing channels, movie channels, 3rd viewing card, and still have to adjust my bill to take me up to sky's minimum charge, just over £200 a month plus vat. I use 2"nd viewing card privately upstairs and only downside is no red button efl games and no sky TV on demand. 

5 minutes ago, grubby said:

At the start of last season sky business subs got the red button games, crap sd picture, and then it got stopped. Three will b a few places around that show the game tonight?. Because I have a pub with a v small rateable value, which is what sky n bt use for pricing, I'm paying the absolute minimum. They even let me have the racing channels, movie channels, 3rd viewing card, and still have to adjust my bill to take me up to sky's minimum charge, just over £200 a month plus vat. I use 2"nd viewing card privately upstairs and only downside is no red button efl games and no sky TV on demand. 

£200 a month :laugh:

You've had your pants pulled down there mate

2 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

£200 a month :laugh:

You've had your pants pulled down there mate

Nearest pubs to me with sky business, in Axbridge and burnham on sea are closer to a grand a month than what I pay. The pub in the next village got done for showing sky fed from upstairs on his personal box, had to sign fir a tear or get fined, cost him 12x £585 to avoid court. 

NOT that I am advocating such a scheme, obviously breach of t&c, illegal etc etc.

However an idea that's probably been done, bringing 10-20 trusted individuals upstairs up to watch it upstairs for the price (and obviously serving for said price) of several pints- drives a coach and horses through the regs of course but who would know? Or am I overlooking something really simple?

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

NOT that I am advocating such a scheme, obviously breach of t&c, illegal etc etc.

However an idea that's probably been done, bringing 10-20 trusted individuals upstairs up to watch it upstairs for the price (and obviously serving for said price) of several pints- drives a coach and horses through the regs of course but who would know? Or am I overlooking something really simple?

Or just show it in the bar, I know of two that'll show the game in the bar. 

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fair chance of getting rumbled with that?

Believe you said a pub got rumbled and had to pay  12 x £585- for illicit streaming?

That's the risk of showing sky and bt sports in a bar without business contract. He was foolish and left sky on in the bar all day and not just use for big events like other places who use private sky or stream content in public bars. . At £200 ish plus vat it works for me to be legit. 

10 minutes ago, grubby said:

That's the risk of showing sky and bt sports in a bar without business contract. He was foolish and left sky on in the bar all day and not just use for big events like other places who use private sky or stream content in public bars. . At £200 ish plus vat it works for me to be legit. 

Ah ok get it now.

Still business contract doesn't allow the red button I believe so running a risk, those pubs that do it. Whereas in a scenario that I in no way, shape or form advocate, upstairs with 10-20 trusted individuals who buy pints, unsure how they go about tracing that.

Archived