Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

hodge

Derby Away on the Red Button / any pubs showing it?

Sky advertising 10 games on red button over Tuesday/Wednesday with their 2 live games, so stands to reason our trip to Derby will be on the red button

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It is. It`s on the Sky fixture list for Tuesday as being on.

Shame it's not on in pubs anymore.

12 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It is. It`s on the Sky fixture list for Tuesday as being on.

Quite right, this is our team page for all Sky Live Games and Red Button Games.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/teams/bristol-city

We will be on the Red Button like Hodge says 10 times this season (Tuesdays and Wednesdays), unless a game gets rearranged, then it's down to the club to decide if we allow it, if we are going on what happened last season.

As Pillred said, the EFL decided to pull the plug on Red Button games being allowed to be shown in pubs, and also scrapped on NOW TV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Quite right, this is our team page for all Sky Live Games and Red Button Games.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/teams/bristol-city

We will be on the Red Button like Hodge says 10 times this season (Tuesdays and Wednesdays), unless a game gets rearranged, then it's down to the club to decide if we allow it, if we are going on what happened last season.

As Pillred said, the EFL decided to pull the plug on Red Button games being allowed to be shown in pubs, and also scrapped on NOW TV.

bet the landlords are happy …...bet sky aint dropped the rip off prices they charge pubs either

2 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Anyone know any pubs that will show the Derby game on red button?

I guess The Robins would, but any others?

Last season, pubs with a Sky 'pub' subscription couldn't show red button games.

40 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Anyone know any pubs that will show the Derby game on red button?

I guess The Robins would, but any others?

The EFL and SKY have scrapped the option to watch Red Button games in pubs and also via the NOW TV Pass.

There were too many complaints by Championship clubs that it was affecting attendances.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Is that for the season? Or just for tonight?

Think that is pre-game.

Sky might be better at the moment, if you have time to watch the Cricket.

51 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Is that for the season? Or just for tonight?

Just tonight. As a UK viewer the games are one-off payments per game. 

At the start of last season sky business subs got the red button games, crap sd picture, and then it got stopped. Three will b a few places around that show the game tonight😉. Because I have a pub with a v small rateable value, which is what sky n bt use for pricing, I'm paying the absolute minimum. They even let me have the racing channels, movie channels, 3rd viewing card, and still have to adjust my bill to take me up to sky's minimum charge, just over £200 a month plus vat. I use 2"nd viewing card privately upstairs and only downside is no red button efl games and no sky TV on demand. 

5 minutes ago, grubby said:

At the start of last season sky business subs got the red button games, crap sd picture, and then it got stopped. Three will b a few places around that show the game tonight😉. Because I have a pub with a v small rateable value, which is what sky n bt use for pricing, I'm paying the absolute minimum. They even let me have the racing channels, movie channels, 3rd viewing card, and still have to adjust my bill to take me up to sky's minimum charge, just over £200 a month plus vat. I use 2"nd viewing card privately upstairs and only downside is no red button efl games and no sky TV on demand. 

£200 a month :laugh:

You've had your pants pulled down there mate

2 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Nearest pubs to me with sky business, in Axbridge and burnham on sea are closer to a grand a month than what I pay. The pub in the next village got done for showing sky fed from upstairs on his personal box, had to sign fir a tear or get fined, cost him 12x £585 to avoid court. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Being a sky and bt business subscriber also means I get left alone to allow for other slightly dodgy streaming of boxing ppv etc etc etc 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

And personally saving the £60 month for sky TV upstairs we used to pay. . :laugh:. 

NOT that I am advocating such a scheme, obviously breach of t&c, illegal etc etc.

However an idea that's probably been done, bringing 10-20 trusted individuals upstairs up to watch it upstairs for the price (and obviously serving for said price) of several pints- drives a coach and horses through the regs of course but who would know? Or am I overlooking something really simple?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

NOT that I am advocating such a scheme, obviously breach of t&c, illegal etc etc.

However an idea that's probably been done, bringing 10-20 trusted individuals upstairs up to watch it upstairs for the price (and obviously serving for said price) of several pints- drives a coach and horses through the regs of course but who would know? Or am I overlooking something really simple?

Or just show it in the bar, I know of two that'll show the game in the bar. 

1 minute ago, grubby said:

Or just show it in the bar, I know of two that'll show the game in the bar. 

Fair chance of getting rumbled with that?

Believe you said a pub got rumbled and had to pay  12 x £585- for illicit streaming?

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fair chance of getting rumbled with that?

Believe you said a pub got rumbled and had to pay  12 x £585- for illicit streaming?

That's the risk of showing sky and bt sports in a bar without business contract. He was foolish and left sky on in the bar all day and not just use for big events like other places who use private sky or stream content in public bars. . At £200 ish plus vat it works for me to be legit. 

Just signed up to RobinsTV for tonights game, are you able to watch on a laptop or is it only tablets/mobile?

Silly that the SLO hasn't signed up to the forum yet. 

Edited by Carey 6

10 minutes ago, grubby said:

That's the risk of showing sky and bt sports in a bar without business contract. He was foolish and left sky on in the bar all day and not just use for big events like other places who use private sky or stream content in public bars. . At £200 ish plus vat it works for me to be legit. 

Ah ok get it now.

Still business contract doesn't allow the red button I believe so running a risk, those pubs that do it. Whereas in a scenario that I in no way, shape or form advocate, upstairs with 10-20 trusted individuals who buy pints, unsure how they go about tracing that.

5 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Just signed up to RobinsTV for tonights game, are you able to watch on a laptop or is it only tablets/mobile?

You can watch it on a laptop or desktop

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sniper said:

The EFL and SKY have scrapped the option to watch Red Button games in pubs and also via the NOW TV Pass.

There were too many complaints by Championship clubs that it was affecting attendances.

Does this include for pubs abroad, I watched a couple of games on red button in Spain last year which was great?

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Does this include for pubs abroad, I watched a couple of games on red button in Spain last year which was great?

You cant legally get uk sky in spain. Sky wont allow non uk addresses for bills etc, so any pubs abroad that are showing sky have cards that are signed up to here in the uk, or probably using IPTV now.

If they were usign the red button, its as they are using household sky, not pub sky.

I imagine a bulk would have used card sharing but that has stopped now.

Edited by AshtonPark

12 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Pubs abroad use sky personal not business contracts as they'll never get checked. 

32 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Is the game available via Virgin?

Don’t think red button is available on Virgin SP , certainly wasn’t last year

Should be streams available though

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

45 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

If you have Sky Sports as part of your deal then yes it is on Channel 513 (the football channel).  They are showing Hull and Blackburn as the main game, so just press the red button and negotiate your way to the game (think that all the other Championship games are being shown on red button as well).  One thing to be aware of is that you cannot get the game via the red button on "The Main Event" Channel (511), which is also showing the Hull game! Hope that helps.

Just now, Curr Avon said:

Do any of you learned folk know?

Yours hopefully

Mark

It is according to the other threads on this topic 😜😜😜

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It is according to the other threads on this topic 😜😜😜

Sorry Dave, I've forgotten to make my bi-annual appointment at Specsavers.

• Haha 1

I’ve gone for the Sky EFL gold package this season

All games available on red button and a supply of 46 flares to let off in your living room

Edit

Aoologies , just looked - it’s actually the ‘EFL ULTRA PACKAGE’ 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’ve gone for the Sky EFL gold package this season

All games available on red button and a supply of 46 flares to let off in your living room

Should have got the platinum package. They would have supplied a selection of venerable people for you to throw your flares at.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Should have got the platinum package. They would have supplied a selection of venerable people for you to throw your flares at.

I did that for the Birmingham game 

81 yr old lady next door - when Rowe notched the equaliser - boom - straight through her open Louvre window 

Scenes !

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I did that for the Birmingham game 

81 yr old lady next door - when Rowe notched the equaliser - boom - straight through her open Louvre window 

Scenes !

I assume that it made the ‘atmosphere’ so much better? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I assume that it made the ‘atmosphere’ so much better? 😂

Not just that. Also proved her smoke alarm worked.

No losers in that transaction.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I'm going for the full pyro tonight to add atmosphere to my living room - no smoke bombs so I'm arranging a pyramid of old Evening Posts and will set alight when we score - for the full effect the wife will don a high-viz jacket and Chuck me out into the garden!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Might have to sign a

6 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I'm going for the full pyro tonight to add atmosphere to my living room - no smoke bombs so I'm arranging a pyramid of old Evening Posts and will set alight when we score - for the full effect the wife will don a high-viz jacket and Chuck me out into the garden!

Might have to sign a good behaviour contract with her or face a future ban.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Or the Diamond Package.

• Pre game beers in squashy plastic glasses at over average prices and a bit flat.

• 3 Guest’s to sit with you and keep shouting that everyone is crap and walk in front of you every 15 minutes for a piss.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Anyone got any suggestions for watching on laptop via official stream, but viewing on tv? I have tried using HDMI cable from laptop, but picture appears to distort when going to bigger screen. Any other ideas? I have a Chromecast, but can't work out how to use it! I'm not good with technology! 

3 minutes ago, chowie said:

Or the Diamond Package.

• Pre game beers in squashy plastic glasses at over average prices and a bit flat.

• 3 Guest’s to sit with you and keep shouting that everyone is crap and walk in front of you every 15 minutes for a piss.

Or one of the four naturally occurring fundamental state of matter packages... 'the gas package'.

With this exclusive Sky deal, you get to watch soft-smut channel Babestation in a one man tent, with the added bonus of being able to make your own red-button by pleasuring yourself until you are left with a bloody stump.

#Laboured.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don’t think red button is available on Virgin SP , certainly wasn’t last year

Should be streams available though

I hope so, watched games last year I’m sure. Until we filled our allocation early due to all the moved games.