IGNORED

Seen on FSF Faircop

Mr Popodopolous

Don’t have a problem with that tbh (and not just because I’ve not seen the word besmirch used in ages!)

The plain English is that if you cause trouble away from the ground, send/post things that are offensive on social media (eg Tammy) then you can have your ticket taken away and be barred. The million dollar question is always who is the arbiter of what is offensive, but short of saying “if you say **** on Facebook we’ll  ban you” it has to be a loose definition.

As long as policed sensibly and consistently, not sure there’s anything wrong there

@hodge

It is. That alone may weaken it significantly?

I believe the XYZ to represent the club name- basically redacted.

Travel to and from games and social media looks the diciest?

@Silvio Dante

You'd hope it would be policed sensibly but I believe @Unan said he got blocked by our club's own Twitter account for a fairly innocuous tweet so I'm unsure I share your confidence.

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It is. That alone may weaken it significantly?

I meant it in that because of the vague terminology it actually gave more licence for punishment, calling a player shit on social media now breaches that for example.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

I meant it in that because of the vague terminology it actually gave more licence for punishment 

I’d agree with that. Again, liken it to libel or similar - the definition there can’t cover every turn of phrase that could be libellous so you have to set it at a high level and allow (however determined) application under that. No different here

1 hour ago, hodge said:

I meant it in that because of the vague terminology it actually gave more licence for punishment, calling a player shit on social media now breaches that for example.

Then any punishment or sanction by the club is Deserved in that case surely?, what on earth possess someone to publicly call a player shit or anything of the sort?

Archived