IGNORED

Wright/Fulham ban for simulation

Unan

Players know they can get banned for this kind of thing now, everything is re-watched repeatedly so he's an idiot. I guess he figures this one result means more than playing in the next three.

So... increase the ban for all obvious simulation to ten games. **** it. Gotta stamp it out somehow and if players know they're costing their teammates ten games they might actually stop. 

Just now, TBW said:

Players know they can get banned for this kind of thing now, everything is re-watched repeatedly so he's an idiot. I guess he figures this one result means more than playing in the next three.

So... increase the ban for all obvious simulation to ten games. **** it. Gotta stamp it out somehow and if players know they're costing their teammates ten games they might actually stop. 

The club should not pay him for 10 games too, that'll sort it out. Hit them in the pocket the only way they will stop.

2 hours ago, Dredd said:

Anyone remember anyone else being done for this since BW?

Yep. Dwight Gayle last season for West Brom got a ban for simulation.

Not sure if anyone beyond the Championship banned, despite some very questionable behaviour along the same lines in the Premier League.

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Clearly the vomitory lighting in the stands momentarily blinded the poor fella, could easily happen to a player down The Gate if  lights from the Lansdown Stand vomitories' catch their eyes from an awkward angle too..  ?

? perfectly understandable reaction - doncha think. 

World class use of the word ‘vomitory’ right there! 

5 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Yep. Dwight Gayle last season for West Brom got a ban for simulation.

Not sure if anyone beyond the Championship banned, despite some very questionable behaviour along the same lines in the Premier League.

Bamford as well which was a lot more similar to the Mitrovic one, Gayle was for diving for a penalty rather than trying to get a player sent off.

I do believe that because no card was shown then no retrospective action can be taken.

30 minutes ago, Super said:

Why does this keep getting mentioned? Wright went down holding his face when he wasnt touched. Unless i missed something.

Seriously?
The guy ran into Wright, elbow in the chest and it's impossible to prove the arm didn't come up into the chin. It may not have, and he was actually done for exaggeration (the other guy had the sending off cancelled)  , but again no conclusive proof yet he got banned. Like Fam , two Brum players say it's so and that's good enough for the EFL. 
Mitrovic is a clear attempt at getting someone sent off, I wait with bated breath....... for nothing to happen.

19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Seriously?
The guy ran into Wright, elbow in the chest and it's impossible to prove the arm didn't come up into the chin. It may not have, and he was actually done for exaggeration (the other guy had the sending off cancelled)  , but again no conclusive proof yet he got banned. Like Fam , two Brum players say it's so and that's good enough for the EFL. 
Mitrovic is a clear attempt at getting someone sent off, I wait with bated breath....... for nothing to happen.

From replays it didnt look like there was any contact with the face. 

15 minutes ago, Super said:

From replays it didnt look like there was any contact with the face. 

My point being, there could have been, it wasn't conclusive. To me it looked like the initial contact was chest but the arm/elbow slides upwards. I think it was incredibly harsh over turning the sending off, when there was clear intent ,even if it was the chest, and banning someone for exaggeration. If they followed that through there were a few more occasions last night, player (might have been Mitrovic again) goes down holding his leg like it was serious , only to jump up quickly when it was obvious he wasn't getting a free kick.
Their application of these laws is scatter-gun at best.

21 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's a classic FA 'campaign'.

Launch with fanfare, pick a few early obvious examples- believe it was Wright and in PL Niasse early on- then do next to nothing about it!!

Certainly PL wise, can think of few of any lately- especially high profile players.

Yes, last night when Mitrovic was pulled up for handball and really let the ref have it with both barrels. The ref had a word with him and Mitrovic was still cursing as he walked away. Yet, a couple of seasons ago we were told that the refs would be clamping down on any dissent thrown their way and Tomlin became a walking yellow card for several matches.

10 hours ago, TBW said:

I said near enough the same thing years ago. They needed to knock this on the head back in the Ronaldo and Drogba days. One blatant dive and 3 game ban, do it again and 8 game ban etc etc. You think the likes of Fergie would be letting Ronaldo carry on as he was with severe punishments that costs the club?

All this "cannot do retrospective action" does my head in as well. WHY THE HELL NOT. The ref has a hard enough job as it is so if he got it wrong at the time then just correct it. Simple in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Why does this keep getting mentioned? Wright went down holding his face when he wasnt touched. Unless i missed something.

The problem with the Wright one for me wasn’t the fact Bailey got banned (which although the evidence was inconclusive was probably fair enough) it was the fact that the Fulham strikers red got overturned. That basically meant the FA was saying that elbowing people in the chest is fine and isn’t worthy of a read card which is wrong

37 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I said near enough the same thing years ago. They needed to knock this on the head back in the Ronaldo and Drogba days. One blatant dive and 3 game ban, do it again and 8 game ban etc etc. You think the likes of Fergie would be letting Ronaldo carry on as he was with severe punishments that costs the club?

All this "cannot do retrospective action" does my head in as well. WHY THE HELL NOT. The ref has a hard enough job as it is so if he got it wrong at the time then just correct it. Simple in my opinion.

Completely agree. This Mitrovic incident is exactly the type of scenario when retrospective action should be taken. Blatant cheating. Needs stamping out of the game. 

Archived