IGNORED

Huddersfield HC Gone

ScottishRed

What this does do is highlight that the person responsible for Huddersfield’s success may not have been David Wagner but Stuart Webber. It’s no coincidence that Webber was at Hudds until April 17 (and they limped over the line), and then joined Norwich and look what happened there. Pattern he follows is (yes, German) head coach and scouring the market for lower cost players. 

I think Siewert was on a hiding to nothing in the prem. But I wonder if the club had already lost what got them there to start with.

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

What this does do is highlight that the person responsible for Huddersfield’s success may not have been David Wagner but Stuart Webber. It’s no coincidence that Webber was at Hudds until April 17 (and they limped over the line), and then joined Norwich and look what happened there. Pattern he follows is (yes, German) head coach and scouring the market for lower cost players. 

I think Siewert was on a hiding to nothing in the prem. But I wonder if the club had already lost what got them there to start with.

I think the other thing is, whilst Wagner did an incredible job getting them promoted, there was a lot of luck involved. It was quite a weak play offs that year and we were struggling but beat Huddersfield 4-0 at home. Reading, who lost that play off final, crashed the following season and struggled since. Arguably Huddersfield are simply reverting to the mean.

21 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Hopefully put an end to the idea that all you have to do is find a German coach and all your worries are over.

Damn!

coach.thumb.jpg.af07a82fd72b29c5ea869b1ef7086e32.jpg

26 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

New manager will be Wagner, because...

Meet the new Boss....

Same as the Old Boss

I could see for miles you were going to make that gag.

As for Huddersfield, I can’t explain why they sacked Siewert. Maybe it’s because he wouldn’t use his substitute, and as a result they looked unlikely to get the magic bus to the premiership. I’m a boy who thinks that my generation expects instant success from relegated teams, but is this level tough and you better? You bet.

(Frantically looks for tenuous Boris The Spider link)...

29 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I could see for miles you were going to make that gag.

As for Huddersfield, I can’t explain why they sacked Siewert. Maybe it’s because he wouldn’t use his substitute, and as a result they looked unlikely to get the magic bus to the premiership. I’m a boy who thinks that my generation expects instant success from relegated teams, but is this level tough and you better? You bet.

(Frantically looks for tenuous Boris The Spider link)...

Well just down the road from The Terriers there’s ‘Bielsa the Spy-der’ (prob won’t get more tenuous than that!)

Archived