IGNORED

Bristol City v Queens Park Rangers Match Day 3

Septic Peg

At least this won't end with a penalty shootout.

Twice in one week and here we are up against QPR again. People will talk! Championship voyeurs Leeds must be glued to the binoculars.

So, QPR knocked us out of the cup, Bailey Wright is injured/shite/past it (according to various opinions), Liam Walsh is still shit but scored a worldy so he was amazing for precisely 6 minutes and then lapsed back into shit again, Dasilva is a sick note, Niki is 100% fully fit and injured at the same time and Kalas may or may not have signed thinking he would have Webby at his side and now he has a kid. 

Think that summarises it.

Some positives or silver linings though, Korey is metal free. Still be absolutely yonks before he comes anywhere near our midfield. Matty Taylor hasn't gone to Oxford so he's still about for the time being. Taylor Moore is a glutton for punishment and finally, Pereira has an alive leg now. Yay.

We got loadsa money though right? Apart from spending a fraction (not 8m apparently) of it on Sideshow Bob (nudge nudge wink wink Roman Abramovich) and the others (brain has forgotten who's a loan and who's ours), Mr Ashton is making it rain with 50s in the directors box. Lad. Unfortunately, we will pay heavily come the New Year window. A new CB minimum for Christmas please.

On to today because I'm fed up with my piss taking.

Chances are the teams will line up the same. Also I fully expect a similar scoreline. 2-2. Afobe with a brace. 

To end today, I share this beauty of a tweet for entertainment purposes only. I particularly enjoyed the dance section...

Now imagine Kalas doing that for Lion Stores... hahahahahaha.

Until next time,

COYRS!

Bentley in goal.

Back three of Moore, Kalas and Baker. Wingbacks of either Pereira or Hunt on the right and Rowe on the left.

Nagy and Massengo centre, Palmer playing off Weimann and Afobe.

Jobs a good ‘un, first three points of the season and a few more beers/cocktails in Greece throughout the evening to celebrate!

6 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Bentley in goal.

Back three of Moore, Kalas and Baker. Wingbacks of either Pereira or Hunt on the right and Rowe on the left.

Jobs a good ‘un, first three points of the season and a few more beers/cocktails in Greece throughout the evening to celebrate!

Brownhill?

I'm hoping today is when we really get going. I know it's a new bunch, but they look like they have so much quality. QPR have some dangerous players, but I feel we should be able to get 3 points today.

51 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

At least this won't end with a penalty shootout.

Twice in one week and here we are up against QPR again. People will talk! Championship voyeurs Leeds must be glued to the binoculars.

So, QPR knocked us out of the cup, Bailey Wright is injured/shite/past it (according to various opinions), Liam Walsh is still shit but scored a worldy so he was amazing for precisely 6 minutes and then lapsed back into shit again, Dasilva is a sick note, Niki is 100% fully fit and injured at the same time and Kalas may or may not have signed thinking he would have Webby at his side and now he has a kid. 

Think that summarises it.

Some positives or silver linings though, Korey is metal free. Still be absolutely yonks before he comes anywhere near our midfield. Matty Taylor hasn't gone to Oxford so he's still about for the time being. Taylor Moore is a glutton for punishment and finally, Pereira has an alive leg now. Yay.

We got loadsa money though right? Apart from spending a fraction (not 8m apparently) of it on Sideshow Bob (nudge nudge wink wink Roman Abramovich) and the others (brain has forgotten who's a loan and who's ours), Mr Ashton is making it rain with 50s in the directors box. Lad. Unfortunately, we will pay heavily come the New Year window. A new CB minimum for Christmas please.

On to today because I'm fed up with my piss taking.

Chances are the teams will line up the same. Also I fully expect a similar scoreline. 2-2. Afobe with a brace. 

To end today, I share this beauty of a tweet for entertainment purposes only. I particularly enjoyed the dance section...

Now imagine Kalas doing that for Lion Stores... hahahahahaha.

Until next time,

COYRS!

Has he finally taken all those old Whitesnake tapes to the charity shop? 

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm hoping today is when we really get going. I know it's a new bunch, but they look like they have so much quality. QPR have some dangerous players, but I feel we should be able to get 3 points today.

They will be feeling the same imo.

Eze has started the season well and they also have Hugill and Wells.

Not too impressed with their central defenders though, they may be a bit slow on the turn. Palmer and Afobe could find them out.

Not much between the teams imo.

I'm going for a 2-2 draw.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

They will be feeling the same imo.

Eze has started the season well and they also have Hugill and Wells.

Not too impressed with their central defenders though, they may be a bit slow on the turn. Palmer and Afobe could find them out.

Not much between the teams imo.

I'm going for a 2-2 draw.

Surely we have a bit more quality in midfield? Brownhill, Nagy look like they can be a top quality partnership, and then we have Massengo too. We are so much better than last season in midfield and attack. Just a shame about at the back.

54 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Bentley in goal.

Doubt LJ will start Massengo, so his place above goes to Brownhill.

Would much prefer Semenyo up top with Afobe, but guess LJ will stick with Weimann.

Bloody good first post to start the thread, quite funny that was, Peg.

I've had a membership card arrive during the week and bought a dolman ticket for a tenner, here's hoping it brings us some luck and we secure the first win today.  I haven't seen City win at home for a while, long overdue!

I'll go for 2-1 to City.

COME ON YOOU REDDDSSSSSSSSSS

47 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Surely we have a bit more quality in midfield? Brownhill, Nagy look like they can be a top quality partnership, and then we have Massengo too. We are so much better than last season in midfield and attack. Just a shame about at the back.

Generally any team that improves going forward loses a bit at the other end. It's just the way it is usually. If we play a better quality of attacking football, I'll settle for that every time.

25 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Generally any team that improves going forward loses a bit at the other end. It's just the way it is usually. If we play a better quality of attacking football, I'll settle for that every time.

Losing one of the best Centre Backs in the division might have something to do with it too!

Still don't understand why we didn't take Matt Clarke on loan as part of the deal, instead he is at Derby and we will see first hand next Tuesday how good he is.

22 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Losing one of the best Centre Backs in the division might have something to do with it too!

Still don't understand why we didn't take Matt Clarke on loan as part of the deal, instead he is at Derby and we will see first hand next Tuesday how good he is.

Possibly because Brighton had already agreed the loan with Derby before the Webster deal and weren't inclined to renege on it?

31 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

This will be a frustrating 1-1 draw, which will end in a meltdown on here tonight from the usual suspects.

Still think this season is gonna be a slow burner with us hitting good form after Christmas.

Yep a slow burner. Then we'll hit good form and finish about eighth. Then we'll sell our most promising players and we'll be back to square one again. 

Archived