IGNORED

Flares

bristolcitysweden

Let’s hope those who see it as just a bit of good fun to throw a smoke canister in front of a disabled section , can convince the rest of the standing section it was ,

.........when the standing section becomes no more ......

Because that’s what the Club can do and I have no doubt will do if repeated problems of any sort arise from that area 

Whatever we think of flares at football it's illegal and the punishments are well known.

With CCTV it's almost certain the fan will be caught.

I find it amazing there are still individuals willing to take a criminal record and a minimum 3 year ban (that means missing at least the next 69 City home games) for a moment of bravado.

9 minutes ago, South Somerset Red said:

We've played some good football today with a good result and you talk about a smoke bomb? Bore off you old git!

So we should ignore it caused distress for some fans?

Update- one male arrested after being captured on club cctv, currently still in police custody( time 8.10pm) 

myself and the other football officer immediately went to the disabled area as soon as the smoke grenade landed. I can confirm 3 disabled persons at least had to leave the area immediately to obtain oxygen/ fresh air and water. 

I have been given permission by Oscar to tell everyone he was one of the people and left in total for about 10 mins. He really is a pleasure to talk to , but he is very sad and angry this has happened, and wants it to not happen again 

I can confirm the ref  had to halt the game until the grenade burnt out as it was pitchside. He will be writing a report to the league as  per policy . 

Everyone on here is aware of the work we have done in all areas to prevent this, and I am really disappointed that eduacation does not seem to have worked in this case.

however what I can say is that the Male in question is not someone I have previously known as a section 82 member and it is wrong to blame that group for one persons choices . The group work alongside the club/ police and manager to create the atmosphere like today and have always supported the work done to prevent these incidents. 

As soon as I have an update on the Male in custody  I will put it here 

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

One day when you grow up, maybe you'll realise that chucking them in the disabled section isn't clever.

Firstly it didn't go in the disabled section.

Secondly where do i say i condone this?

My opinion on pyro is obviously different to you but let me make one thing clear i don't condone chucking it towards a disabled area. i do feel if the punishments weren't so hard on pyro, fans wouldn't feel the need to quickly launch them.

I grow up once a year so i will have to wait for that.?

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

And asking why football fans have such a bad name compared to the other sports. And why do we need police, etc, etc. 

Thought long & hard about replying to this  because of the fall out I might get, flares illegal end of ! Back in the 80s the police had to take a fair bit of the blame regarding the troubles that happened at football grounds! The hooligan element was a disgrace as was certain members of law inforcement that seemed to take delight  & aggravated it when it kicked off. So why is it that we have a bad name?

1 minute ago, South Somerset Red said:

My opinion on pyro is obviously different to you but let me make one thing clear i don't condone chucking it towards a disabled area. i do feel if the punishments weren't so hard on pyro, fans wouldn't feel the need to quickly launch them.

read what julie h has written...

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well that’s a lie isn’t it . He’s right in front of us . I agree the pyro is wrong. But don’t make stories up

To be fair mate, I believe that's Dolly sat with him, so she's probably best judged to tell of his whereabouts. Equally to Dolly, I don't think Red Army noticed him coming in and back out.

12 minutes ago, South Somerset Red said:

So because the punishment is (in your view harsh), people feel the need to throw them...

Rather than 'Hmm, if I take a flare, I'll get a criminal record and might hurt someone, I won't bother, I think I'll leave them at home after all, there is nothing to be gained'.

22 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So because the punishment is (in your view harsh), people feel the need to throw them...

Rather than 'Hmm, if I take a flare, I'll get a criminal record and might hurt someone, I won't bother, I think I'll leave them at home after all, there is nothing to be gained'.

Why don't people get hurt at music concerts then? What i want to know is what is the actual law in pyro because on the streets the police do bugger all, at music concerts its the same but as soon as you enter a stadium where the footballs on the world ends.

27 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

To be fair mate, I believe that's Dolly sat with him, so she's probably best judged to tell of his whereabouts. Equally to Dolly, I don't think Red Army noticed him coming in and back out.

I wasn’t sat with him sorry. That’s his mums friend. I took the picture from where I was sat, after I’d texted his mum to make sure he was ok :) 

9 minutes ago, South Somerset Red said:

Why don't people get hurt at music concerts then? What i want to know is what is the actual law in pyro because on the streets the police do bugger all, at music concerts its the same but as soon as you enter a stadium where the footballs on the world ends.

Just in case your Google is broken...

https://www.nme.com/news/flares-pyrotechnics-officially-banned-music-festivals-2032244

Guess that it is easier to police/control/identify offenders in a stadium with wall to wall CCTV than a field in Pilton with 100,000 standing in it.

34 minutes ago, pommers65 said:

read what julie h has written...

Not sure comprehension is @Posset red or @South Somerset Red is their strong point tbh.

The arsehole who chucked that flare can now look forward to being banned from ashton gate for at least 3 years (probably life) and also look forward to a criminal conviction (with any luck) which, if the moron is employed, could result in him losing his job and not being able to visit some countries.

All because the he has no sense of perspective or social awareness, probably ill educated or just incredibly immature - its all a laugh innit and sod everyone else.

How the tit thought he'd get away with it is beyond stupid.

To the others on here who see no harm like the couple of little tossers above - please, please, do it yourselves and then we'll be rid of you.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Not sure comprehension is @Posset red or @South Somerset Red is their strong point tbh.

The arsehole who chucked that flare can now look forward to being banned from ashton gate for at least 3 years (probably life) and also look forward to a criminal conviction (with any luck) which, if the moron is employed, could result in him losing his job and not being able to visit some countries.

All because the he has no sense of perspective or social awareness, probably ill educated or just incredibly immature - its all a laugh innit and sod everyone else.

How the tit thought he'd get away with it is beyond stupid.

To the others on here who see no harm like the couple of little tossers above - please, please, do it yourselves and then we'll be rid of you.

Would also not rule out - should the club incur a fine - them looking to recoup their charge from the individual.

I fully understand the for and against arguments about pyro but I am amazed any matches ever get completed in Europe!! Pryor all over Europe week in week out, are they tougher than us or are we making a fuss about nothing? I have been to match’s all over Europe and people just don’t care, why do we? I follow football over Europe and don’t remember any health issues with pyro. I am sure you will prove me wrong!!

Archived