IGNORED

Flares

bristolcitysweden

1 minute ago, PolskRed said:

Wasn’t questioning UK law and I have no interest in “becoming a champion of any laws” Just questioning why people on the continent can Survive pyro but we can’t ?  Not disliking any laws, just asking questions that don’t seem to be getting answers???? 

Ask the law makers of the countries you reference.

I very much doubt you were get an answer on why some laws are in place in the UK that aren't in place overseas on a football forum that largely discusses Bristol City 

6 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

3 separate disabled fans had to leave, one of whom was Oskar. 

I saw him leave. My daughter didn't come today as she still finds crowds hard after Swansea. I think people don't realise the impact they have at times..

The most otib thread ever. Utterly predictable that a 2 page thread would follow this act of foolishness. Yes it was stupid yes it shouldn’t have happened but yes it did increase the atmosphere. Should we not be asking questions why the disabled section is infront of the most “hostile” point of the ground? Nobody died nobody got hurt just a couple of cidered up youths getting carried away supporting their team. Let’s be honest if this corner of the ground didn’t exist ag would be a library so maybe take your last penny & do one - up the city 

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Ask the law makers of the countries you reference.

I very much doubt you were get an answer on why some laws are in place in the UK that aren't in place overseas on a football forum that largely discusses Bristol City 

O.K I agree with you... ?

24 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Seems the obvious place to post this

This below is another example of why the vast majority in the Standing / Singing Section are a big positive for the Club

Why one plank thinks it’s ok to endanger the existence of this section )let alone the effect it had on some in the disabled area and all the other reasons highlighted on this thread) is beyond me

Brilliant. Great atmosphere, spine tingling almost, without a flare in sight.

That’s exactly what a singing section should be, I love it, brings emotions to the fore and gets behind the team without ruining the enjoyment for others. That’s what S82 should be about and I think it’s fantastic.

1 minute ago, Libertine Dream said:

The most otib thread ever. Utterly predictable that a 2 page thread would follow this act of foolishness. Yes it was stupid yes it shouldn’t have happened but yes it did increase the atmosphere. Should we not be asking questions why the disabled section is infront of the most “hostile” point of the ground? Nobody died nobody got hurt just a couple of cidered up youths getting carried away supporting their team. Let’s be honest if this corner of the ground didn’t exist ag would be a library so maybe take your last penny & do one - up the city 

There are a number of areas within the stadium where disabled supporters can watch the game, some of these supporters might actually enjoy the singing and flag waving.

But don't expect to suffer physically as a result of it 

8 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

@JulieH could an offender end up in prison for something like this?

What have past offenders been handed as convictions?

From those I have knowledge of I have not seen prison sentences handed out.

it is of course down to each individual magistrate but in general on conviction tends to be a football banning order and some form of community hours program.

i am being very general as of course each case is judged on its own merits/ previous convictions and circumstances of the defendant  

3 minutes ago, Libertine Dream said:

Did it improve the atmosphere?

Just meant the game was held up, disabled fans had to leave the ground and the club will most likely get a fine. 

Nobody may have died but it was totally pointless, flares do nothing to help the atmosphere. In many respects they make it worse...

10 minutes ago, Judda said:

I saw him leave. My daughter didn't come today as she still finds crowds hard after Swansea. I think people don't realise the impact they have at times..

That’s a real shame.

hopefully she will get better, anything we can do just give me a dm and our team will do all they can to make her feel safe again , and supporting her team 

18 minutes ago, Libertine Dream said:

It ‘increased the ‘ atmoshphere ‘. ??

Really ?

:laughcont:

i Quite like the LOOK of pyros but putting every other thing and reason aside .......hurriedly throwing it onto the pitch  looked , as somebody commented elsewhere ........ tinpot 

Guess it’s the ‘Ultra wannabe’ thing 

8 minutes ago, Libertine Dream said:

Maybe it's just me but one flare when we go 1-0 up against QPR after being lately l largely outplayed looked bloody tinpot and sad from where I was sat, not atmosphere enhancing - not to mention all the other selfish reasons people have mentioned.

18 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Brilliant. Great atmosphere, spine tingling almost, without a flare in sight.

That’s exactly what a singing section should be, I love it, brings emotions to the fore and gets behind the team without ruining the enjoyment for others. That’s what S82 should be about and I think it’s fantastic.

That’s what it is about.

Just because an individual smuggled a smoke bomb it ended up pitch side.

Im amazed mods have lets this thread run with this title.

20 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Did it improve the atmosphere?

Just meant the game was held up, disabled fans had to leave the ground and the club will most likely get a fine. 

Nobody may have died but it was totally pointless, flares do nothing to help the atmosphere. In many respects they make it worse...

Completely agree that this point is done solely to personal interpretation.

15 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Maybe it's just me but one flare when we go 1-0 up against QPR after being lately l largely outplayed looked bloody tinpot and sad from where I was sat, not atmosphere enhancing - not to mention all the other selfish reasons people have mentioned.

Absolutely right.

Far bigger concerns with how Johnson set up and let QPR dominate like that for 30 mins. 

Were still settling down as a squad at present, I would guess.

40 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

I have. He isn’t.

But you and your ilk carry on.

The sense of pathetic entitlement that assholes demonstrate these days never ceases to amaze me.

We weren’t there today but to throw a flare in the first place is beyond me. To throw it over an area where those who will struggle to avoid the repercussions of it is twice as ******* stupid.

But hey. This is the modern world. We do what we want, when we want.

Personally feel the person who threw it should be put in prison for the rest of his/her life. The world be such a safer place 

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Were still settling down as a squad at present, I would guess.

Huge additions numbers wise this summer. Longish serving departures and most of all Webster... Then 4-2-3-1, 3-41-2 and our rough 4-4-2ish shape at QPR- now the 3-4-1-2 shape as per Birmingham.

Oh and a number of injuries- a transitional phase is inevitable.

I make it so far:

Maenpaa- From pre season

Wright

Dasilva- Last week?

Nagy- Today. Let's hope it's short.

Have I missed any?

2 minutes ago, Posset red said:

Personally feel the person who threw it should be put in prison for the rest of his/her life. The world be such a safer place 

Seriously. So many overreactions on either side of this.

Can’t people just realise that many fans in the stadium don’t enjoy flares, and any rightminded person can see that they shouldn’t be thrown in front of a disabled section.

Hold them and wave them about as much as you like amongst likeminded individuals, like at the flag day earlier in the day. There’s an issue once it affects other people’s enjoyment and starts to cause problems for the club.

All people want is for the flare throwers to have some empathy for others. We’re not out to ruin their fun, just as they’re not out to deliberately ruin other people’s day. However, many people can see that throwing flares does cause problems for others and this needs to be shown to the people that throw them.

43 minutes ago, JulieH said:

That’s a real shame.

hopefully she will get better, anything we can do just give me a dm and our team will do all they can to make her feel safe again , and supporting her team 

Thank you. Appreciate it.... We've had lots of support but unfortunately she's always had anxiety issues. I don't blame the people involved. It was just the catalyst....

Absolutely disgusting to throw missiles and target the disabled section. The smoke is bad enough but only a matter of time before this causes life changing injuries to someone. Especially risky in the wheelchair area as it’s harder to get out of the way. Anyone condoning it on this forum should be censured. 

City are building a reputation as a solid family club where Kalas, Palmer, Afobe can settle, get their head down and enjoy the football, their families and the city. Would hate to see players or fans burned and lives ruined.

Keep the flares for outside the pub not in the ground. 

Throwing flares anywhere is highly dangerous. (Understand there are different types and strengths of pyrotechnics- was it merely some coloured smoke or somewhat bigger in scope)?

Throwing flares in a confined area- remember a crowd and a stand is one is worse still. Roof, nowhere for it to escape to in the same way if one let off compared to an open end say.

Throwing it near a disabled area, regardless of whether they intended it to end up there which I obviously don't think they did- incredibly reckless.

I'm no expert but I'm probably being overgenerous in some of my views, if anything.

That's even disregarding the illegality, the risk of fines, sanctions, potential restrictions on the area!

Obviously I don't condone rule breaking but there are certain football related regs/laws that if broken you may objectively think "Well-really?" This isn't one!

IF there was a way to do it in a safe manner then maybe- obviously the law would have to change too which makes it a likely non starter but yeah dangerous especially as it stands.

36 minutes ago, Judda said:

Thank you. Appreciate it.... We've had lots of support but unfortunately she's always had anxiety issues. I don't blame the people involved. It was just the catalyst....

It's a shame as your daughter was as much let down by poor policing as she was the actions of the crowd (or a small percentage of the crowd).

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Throwing flares anywhere is highly dangerous. (Understand there are different types and strengths of pyrotechnics- was it merely some coloured smoke or somewhat bigger in scope)?

Throwing flares in a confined area- remember a crowd and a stand is one is worse still. Roof, nowhere for it to escape to in the same way if one let off compared to an open end say.

Throwing it near a disabled area, regardless of whether they intended it to end up there which I obviously don't think they did- incredibly reckless.

I'm no expert but I'm probably being overgenerous in some of my views, if anything.

That's even disregarding the illegality, the risk of fines, sanctions, potential restrictions on the area!

Obviously I don't condone rule breaking but there are certain football related regs/laws that if broken you may objectively think "Well-really?" This isn't one!

IF there was a way to do it in a safe manner then maybe- obviously the law would have to change too which makes it a likely non starter but yeah dangerous especially as it stands.

I don’t know what that was today but it was pretty toxic 

I was 40m away ( and have put all sorts of **** through my lungs :comando:).  but that wasn’t  nice , so I hate to think it was like for the old fella in the wheelchair who was right by it , Oskar etc

Archived