IGNORED

Flares

bristolcitysweden

Ah the Pyro debate.. guaranteed to rear its head at least 3 or 4 times a season on here.. I must admitt @Libertine Dream Makes a good point, why there is a disabled section there in that corner does make you wonder. The old east end didn’t accommodate disabled people and i think that made sense all around as everyone knew that the end can and did get rowdy on occasions..

People in favour of Pyros myself included have to admitt defeat on this one and unfortunately accept we live in such a snowflake H+S mad society that things like this will ALWAYS be frowned upon. If you want to enjoy Pyrotechnics and atmospheric arena’s then football on the continent is the place to be it would seem..  

11 minutes ago, bris red said:

Ah the Pyro debate.. guaranteed to rear its head at least 3 or 4 times a season on here.. I must admitt @Libertine Dream Makes a good point, why there is a disabled section there in that corner does make you wonder. The old east end didn’t accommodate disabled people and i think that made sense all around as everyone knew that the end can and did get rowdy on occasions..

Seriously? 

This is the angle you take on this? Question the location of disabled supporters viewing area rather than the reckless actions of a moron?

Unbelievable. 

So to sum up..

It was a pretty stupid thing to do, the bloke's been caught for it, most normal thinking people thought it was pretty pointless chucking it anyway

The "male" as Julie puts it is getting a ban, probably regrets it   and no one was seriously hurt

End

If section 82 could concentrate on being as loud as their 2007/2008 counterparts from the East end - before moving on to flares - that would be appreciated. 

Thanks to section 82 I was able to enjoy my matchday snooze undisturbed, again. 

27 minutes ago, bris red said:

People in favour of Pyros myself included have to admitt defeat on this one and unfortunately accept we live in such a snowflake H+S mad society that things like this will ALWAYS be frowned upon. If you want to enjoy Pyrotechnics and atmospheric arena’s then football on the continent is the place to be it would seem..  

What a rather silly comment. "why is there a disabled section in that corner". One of the most ill-judged comments I've read that beggars belief. 

Disabled fans are differ from you in that they have a disability. That's it. If you think because of their disabily they have a diminished right to enjoy - or contribute to - the atmosphere then I despair. 

Perhaps they could all be moved to a locked room somewhere else if it makes life easier for you? 

23 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Seriously? 

This is the angle you take on this? Question the location of disabled supporters viewing area rather than the reckless actions of a moron?

Unbelievable. 

Exactly. Oskar I know for a fact wants to be where he sits because he likes the noise and all the singing. He moved over there deliberately when section 82 was established there.

31 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

What a rather silly comment. "why is there a disabled section in that corner". One of the most ill-judged comments I've read that beggars belief. 

Disabled fans are differ from you in that they have a disability. That's it. If you think because of their disabily they have a diminished right to enjoy - or contribute to - the atmosphere then I despair. 

Perhaps they could all be moved to a locked room somewhere else if it makes life easier for you? 

You have completely misconstrued the point i was trying to make.. if you are trying to insinuate that i am being discriminatory to disabled fans then please do one.

49 minutes ago, bris red said:

Actually forgive me if I’m wrong but when when the east end was the home end when I first started going as you came in from the Williams corner the disabled fans were situated in the first block. 

9 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Did it improve the atmosphere?

Just meant the game was held up, disabled fans had to leave the ground and the club will most likely get a fine. 

Nobody may have died but it was totally pointless, flares do nothing to help the atmosphere. In many respects they make it worse...

Obviously yesterday’s incident shouldn’t have happened - but in my opinion flares can be great for atmosphere. Away games especially. 

I know they’re dangerous for a variety of reasons - but taking you’re atmosphere point alone, they definitely do improve it in my opinion.

1 hour ago, bris red said:

So you’re saying disabled people aren’t allowed to want to be in amongst the “atmosphere” as best they can be?

33 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Obviously yesterday’s incident shouldn’t have happened - but in my opinion flares can be great for atmosphere. Away games especially. 

I know they’re dangerous for a variety of reasons - but taking you’re atmosphere point alone, they definitely do improve it in my opinion.

In what way do they improve it?

9 hours ago, Westcountry Robins said:

Absolutely disgusting to throw missiles and target the disabled section. 

This is my favourite post so far.

You've certainly added to the conversation with this piece of information regarding the individuals intent.

10 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

I have. He isn’t.

But you and your ilk carry on.

The sense of pathetic entitlement that assholes demonstrate these days never ceases to amaze me.

We weren’t there today but to throw a flare in the first place is beyond me. To throw it over an area where those who will struggle to avoid the repercussions of it is twice as ******* stupid.

But hey. This is the modern world. We do what we want, when we want.

I almost stood up & clapped this post. Absolutely spot on. ? COYR 

1 hour ago, bris red said:

The old east end did accommodate disabled people, which made sense all round as my Dad knew that the end could and did get rowdy on occasions.

4 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

I almost stood up & clapped this post. Absolutely spot on. ? COYR 

I funny, being in my thirties, I feel the opposite and that we really don’t live in a world where you can do what you want.

I suppose that’s why all the feelings shown here are just subjective conjecture.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

To be honest I’ve been in quite a few away ends and have never seen the atmosphere change when a flare has gone off. 

I think they’re pretty pointless but that’s just a personal view and I guess many people must like them!

2 hours ago, bris red said:

That's wrong. The Eastend did accommodate disabled fans, they would gain entry through the Dolman stand by the toilets through the yellow gates. 

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It ‘increased the ‘ atmoshphere ‘. ??

Really ?

:laughcont:

i Quite like the LOOK of pyros but putting every other thing and reason aside .......hurriedly throwing it onto the pitch  looked , as somebody commented elsewhere ........ tinpot 

Guess it’s the ‘Ultra wannabe’ thing 

Exactly, if the whole of the south stand popped some pyro and you get the massive billow of the smoke along with the light from the flares (not a smoke bomb) it does look good. One person popping a smoke bomb and quickly lobbing it onto the pitch just looks like a nause. 

2 hours ago, Club and Country said:

I don’t think they were targeting the disabled section

26 minutes ago, 054123 said:

This is my favourite post so far.

You've certainly added to the conversation with this piece of information regarding the individuals intent.

Did they know the disabled section was in front of them? Did they have control of their limb to throw the missile? If the answer to these questions is yes, which it surely must be then they consciously chose to endanger the disabled section. Never mind ‘snowflakes’ and health and safety how about being accountable for your actions and their consequences?

17 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I funny, being in my thirties, I feel the opposite and that we really don’t live in a world where you can do what you want.

I suppose that’s why all the feelings shown here are just subjective conjecture.

Unfortunately, I’m 40! But I was responding to the ‘ sense of entitlement ‘ bit for the most part. I think it’s known as growing up though. COYR 

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

In what way do they improve it?

I’ve been in a few great away crowds where flares and pyro have helped the atmosphere - Charlton away a few years back being one I remember well. The day before Johnson was appointed. We go 1-0 up - everyone stood, everyone singing - someone lights a flare and the atmosphere ramps up even more.

Not saying they’re ideal because obviously there are problems and risks associated, as with yesterday. Just replying to the atmosphere comment because in my opinion it can help in the right circumstances.

19 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Think this has been done to death now. They’re illegal and you either like them or you don’t. 

One lad made a mistake by throwing it onto the pitch and has been punished. Done.

It would only be done if it wasn't a reoccurring issue.

Seems people can't help themselves hence once or twice a season this type of thread starts.

Anyhow I cannot understand how anyone can be so braindead as to light a flare let alone chuck in and expect to get away with it in today's CCTV world we live in. For that very fact life bans should be handed out as clearly the perpetrators don't give a flying ****.

Someone once lit a flare during one of our recent away pummellings of Fulham, missed about 10 minutes of the game as I couldn't see anything and was spluttering. They're rubbish. 

If you need that sort of thing to liven up your football viewing experience, maybe the sport isn't for you. 

Archived