IGNORED

Flares

bristolcitysweden

1 hour ago, Westcountry Robins said:

Did they know the disabled section was in front of them? Did they have control of their limb to throw the missile? If the answer to these questions is yes, which it surely must be then they consciously chose to endanger the disabled section. Never mind ‘snowflakes’ and health and safety how about being accountable for your actions and their consequences?

I still don’t believe you’re 100% sure that the individuals intent was to throw missiles at disabled people.

47 minutes ago, TRL said:

Anyhow I cannot understand how anyone can be so braindead as to light a flare let alone chuck in and expect to get away with it in today's CCTV world we live in. For that very fact life bans should be handed out as clearly the perpetrators don't give a flying ****.

Thats the difference between you as reasonable & decent person, and the pig ignorant dumb ***** who continually take flares into football grounds and/or condone it.

As some of the cretinous replies on this thread show, you can’t educate pork  

3 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Did I read this right, three year ban and arrested ....

I love marine flares and smoke bombs. Hundreds going off at Glastonbury, no fuss. 

Why is the law different for football fans? 

Hardly a first. The number of City fans arrested and banned for this offence in the last few years has been well publicised and is well into double figures.

Iirc. not long ago City had the most bans imposed for flares/smoke bombs of any club in all 4 divisions.

With CCTV the chances of not being caught are next to nil and on conviction (just about guaranteed with CCTV) a criminal record and a 3 year ban is automatic. 

You'd think the word might have got round that messing around with flares/smoke bombs at a City match is a mugs game.

It's like waving your arms in the air and shouting, 'Here I am! Arrest me! Ban me!'

Absolutely crazy thing to do.

46 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

It bad what he has done

what make it worse is the fact he  paid for it and choose to take it into Ashton gate 

knowing it’s not aloud in side football grounds 

Agree with this 

I've always sympathised with fans who have picked up bans when they have ran on the pitch to celebrate a goal . In the heat of the moment, when adrenaline is pumping ....it can be easy to lose control . Not that it's acceptable but it is unplanned 

This guy bought this. Planned to bring it to the ground and actually bought it into the stadium for this purpose 

Hard to have any sympathy for the div 

i haven't seen footage of yesterday's incident, but i can't help but feel a mountain is being made out of a molehill by delicate snowflakes. Ffs, people are talking about others choking :D 

Was at Lech Poznan last weekend for this, and guess what, no-one died. Not surprised the atmosphere inside English grounds has died on its arse tbh. 

6.JPG

6 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

i haven't seen footage of yesterday's incident, but i can't help but feel a mountain is being made out of a molehill by delicate snowflakes. Ffs, people are talking about others choking :D 

Was at Lech Poznan last weekend for this, and guess what, no-one died. Not surprised the atmosphere inside English grounds has died on its arse tbh. 

6.JPG

So the flares you enjoyed in Poland were the identical to the smoke bomb thrown yesterday............

ahhhhhhhhhh I see

9 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

6.JPG

Let's face it...Poland is like we were in the 80s. Pretty much anything goes. Very little health and safety...

Football over there still has that mentality...and it's often reflected in daily life. Same can be said of other Countries...

In Italy only a few weeks back, the head of the Lazio Ultras was shot dead.

If grown men want to go into that environment fine...they know any consequences.

However...it's not just grown men in our stand. Women, kids, elderly...and a disabled section.

At Lazio...the Ultras have banned women and children in their section.

Because they know what can happen.

Different Cultures.

It's almost like Darwin's theory...if the idiots want to kill themselves...let them. Natural selection happening at a ground near you ?

35 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

6.JPG

Might come as a surprise to you mate, here in England we bend over backwards to accommodate traditions and values of other cultures, even when they are alien to our own way of life...

There are a few things we like to hang onto of our own though too, if that's not too much to ask.

Dunno what others around the World do but over here …..

We no longer drink and drive … we rarely smoke in public places anymore.. we wear seatbelts when driving... We even drive on the left side of the road ffs! … We (most of us) dont chat on our mobiles while pissing along the M4 etc... Ride a motorbike? -nowadays we wear helmets etc etc etc, ie these things are all subject to the law of the land (dont like it? .. lump it!)

Likewise in Our Football Stadiums (and various other public venues)  We Dont Throw/Hold Flares/Smoke Bombs...to do so is against our UK law.. Like It Or Lump It, its as simple as that....

Whats not to understand??? 

Check this out (Club Statement from fully 2years ago - how long does it take to sink in ffs? )

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-on-flaressmoke-bombs/  

42 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

i haven't seen footage of yesterday's incident, but i can't help but feel a mountain is being made out of a molehill by delicate snowflakes. Ffs, people are talking about others choking

For what it's worth I like the look of flares and I think it can add to the atmosphere but ......

It is illegal to let them off in grounds,  we (City) have been fined on a couple of occasions, plus warned about future infringements . People would be unhappy if they put more restrictions on the S82 area , it's been said before they turn a blind eye to standing but that could be clamped down on is it worth it? That's before you even think of the smoke affect on some people.
Why risk sanctions on the club ? They would have had plenty of opportunity to use them up at the Flag day, seems a bit selfish to sneak them into the ground IMO.

There's little point in explaining the dangers to the f'wits who take or promote use of such devices in stadiums, they haven't the capacity to understand.

They're also not studied enough to know that 'atmosphere', when it truly was something to behold in stadiums, had not a small single smoke bomb, flare or firecracker in sight. Atmosphere was human generated.

2 hours ago, poland_exile said:

6.JPG

Yes I am talking about people choking! Disabled people! In a wheelchair! Already having to use oxygen to get through the day !  Having to leave the stand and miss 10 minutes of a game because of how difficult they found it to breathe . 

They are not delicate snowflakes 

1 minute ago, JulieH said:

Yes I am talking about people choking! Disabled people! In a wheelchair! Already having to use oxygen to get through the day !  Having to leave the stand and miss 10 minutes of a game because of how difficult they found it to breathe . 

They are not delicate snowflakes 

But .....

but.......

.........in Poland........

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

But .....

but.......

.........in Poland........

I worked the England v Poland u21  match  where we arrested a  polish Male  for smoke grenades, and interestingly enough also gave first aid with club staff  to several polish fans suffering through smoke and burns. 

Some with young kids even asked to be moved out of the middle of the crowd. 

Not all polish fans it seems enjoy the smoke ?

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

There's little point in explaining the dangers to the f'wits who take or promote use of such devices in stadiums, they haven't the capacity to understand.

They're also not studied enough to know that 'atmosphere', when it truly was something to behold in stadiums, had not a small single smoke bomb, flare or firecracker in sight. Atmosphere was human generated.

Spot on. I’ve watched football at home and abroad for 50 years and been in many European stadiums with flares etc, and the atmospheres been poor to non existent. Partly, I suspect, because most of the ‘ultras’ actually have little or no interest in the actual football. Standing topless with your back to the pitch while purporting to conduct a sort of paramilitary chanting is not being a footy fan. Just one of the lessons that yesterday’s muppet has to learn. 

48 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Released last night at 2200 for further enquiries to be made this week and as he is 16 for a youth panel meeting . 

Will continue to update you all 

As others have posted, a custodial punishment is the only answer to this heinous crime.

I’ll  sleep safer then.

3 hours ago, JulieH said:

Released last night at 2200 for further enquiries to be made this week and as he is 16 for a youth panel meeting . 

Will continue to update you all 

Seems a few prefer the ' Good Ol' days'...perhaps you should stick him in a cell and throw a flare in. Just to give him some insight to how it would be for a disabled person who can't move on their own.

Harsh? I don't think so. ??

19 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Seems the obvious place to post this

This below is another example of why the vast majority in the Standing / Singing Section are a big positive for the Club

Why one plank thinks it’s ok to endanger the existence of this section )let alone the effect it had on some in the disabled area and all the other reasons highlighted on this thread) is beyond me

Exactly the point I was making yesterday, still can't understand why the OP started the thread the way he did and why a few others felt the need to jump on the band wagon, I have been in section 82 since it started and can't think anyone around me would think they should do that, It really gets to me that it seams some just jump all over section 82 when ever they can, that fool with the pyro could have been in any other part of the ground and there would not have been such things posted on here, please don't get me wrong it should not have happened and am so glad the police got him,  but some in this thread are using it as a stick to beat many people who would never do a thing like this just because they are in one part of the ground,

Archived