IGNORED

Flares

bristolcitysweden

On 17/08/2019 at 22:18, PolskRed said:

I fully understand the for and against arguments about pyro but I am amazed any matches ever get completed in Europe!! Pryor all over Europe week in week out, are they tougher than us or are we making a fuss about nothing? I have been to match’s all over Europe and people just don’t care, why do we? I follow football over Europe and don’t remember any health issues with pyro. I am sure you will prove me wrong!!

They don’t approve of flares in France either.

I don’t know what they do to prevent them.

I do now .

The use of flares is against the law and punishable with a fine and 3 years in prison.

In addition the French football authorities can fine , close down stands or grounds .

However , this control is ineffective because of heavy handed policing creating conflict and panic in the stadium and when they knock on offender’s doors some time after the match and whisk the offenders away ( for a good kicking ) to be charged this engenders a lot more trouble with a ‘ them and us ‘ divide .

The overriding sense is that the use of these flares is less dangerous than the problems that are magnified by the policing of them so that is why they appear more frequently in France.

17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

They don’t approve of flares in France either.

I don’t know what they do to prevent them.

Only talking of the UK.

From what I've read, they're very hard to stop getting in when searching at turnstiles etc.

They're so small some of these pyro that if you want to get them in you've a very good chance. So I have read anyway- dunno how except for harsh deterrents you stop it as some are really quite small.

28 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Only talking of the UK.

From what I've read, they're very hard to stop getting in when searching at turnstiles etc.

They're so small some of these pyro that if you want to get them in you've a very good chance. So I have read anyway- dunno how except for harsh deterrents you stop it as some are really quite small.

Sniffer dogs perhaps ? 

( with permission to bite if they find one .) 

:devil:

I’m a fully an advocate of flares, however Saturdays incident was unfortunate, but it highlights the clubs’ lack of foresight/ understanding of fans/ willingness to accommodate all fans to have a disabled section directly in front of the designated area for - what the club see as - the most ‘high risk’ fans. This was once again evident at the Man Utd. match. Hopefully in the next few years with various stadium upgrades this issue could be sorted, but I doubt it with landsdowns desire of being prawn sandwich robins fc

1 hour ago, STeveOELlis said:

I’m a fully an advocate of flares, however Saturdays incident was unfortunate, but it highlights the clubs’ lack of foresight/ understanding of fans/ willingness to accommodate all fans to have a disabled section directly in front of the designated area for - what the club see as - the most ‘high risk’ fans. This was once again evident at the Man Utd. match. Hopefully in the next few years with various stadium upgrades this issue could be sorted, but I doubt it with landsdowns desire of being prawn sandwich robins fc

By 'sorted' I assume you mean we weed out the fans who are too stupid to behave themselves and ban them, so that supporters with mobility issue can enjoy the game without worrying that someone might throw a flare at them, or, God forbid, we beat a team from a different division, they feel the need to run on the pitch because celebrating in the stand is beyond them.

1 hour ago, STeveOELlis said:

"Unfortunate" suggests there was no premeditation by the thrower. Which seems disingenuous at best.

I really don't care either way about flares, pyro, smoke, whatever, but the laws and regulations are clear, and I presume the person involved will have the duration of a stadium ban to ponder their behaviour next time.

And the argument the club are somehow at fault for putting a disabled fans' section in that corner doesn't hold water. The person shouldn't be bringing in the item, setting it off, and chucking it towards the pitch regardless of who is sat down the front of that area.

3 hours ago, STeveOELlis said:

Another one suggesting that disabled supporters shouldn't be allowed near the singing section, why exactly? You do realise that having a lack of mobility or other need doesn't stop people wanting to be as close as possible to the best atmosphere in the ground - and why should it?

4 hours ago, STeveOELlis said:

What a belter of a post

It wasn’t unfortunate 

it was moronic 

On 17/08/2019 at 21:37, AppyDAZE said:

Promotion, surviving in the Prem, establishing status, kicking on, Europe...

and all cos you chucked on a pathetic little smoke bomb

uh, no thanks

edit: Yeah, I know that didn't make much sense. Drink was taken but I know what I meant :laugh:

. I meant this bloke getting a 3 or 4 year ban for the smoke bomb was going to miss out on all this.

My view is very poor planning by security and police. Knowing that the 3 lions were having their flag day and loads of smoke bombs would be let off they should have known someone would try bring one to the ground as it has happened before. So I was very surprised when I walked into the south east end corner there was no extra stewards to search anyone coming in that area.

1 hour ago, Threshing Red said:

My view is very poor planning by security and police. Knowing that the 3 lions were having their flag day and loads of smoke bombs would be let off they should have known someone would try bring one to the ground as it has happened before. So I was very surprised when I walked into the south east end corner there was no extra stewards to search anyone coming in that area.

Wrong it’s completely down to the individual bringing it in and letting it off,

********* like that person  is the reason football is overpoliced and fans are treated the way they are

1 minute ago, STeveOELlis said:

No, I’m saying positioning a disabled section directly in front of the highest risk area - in the club’s eyes - was poor forward planning.

When the stand was built section 82 weren’t in that section they were in the atyeo, it’s not poor planning it’s asshole fans ruining it

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Wrong it’s completely down to the individual bringing it in and letting it off,

********* like that person  is the reason football is overpoliced and fans are treated the way they are

Yes mate you're right. But he could have been stopped at the first hurdle. Unfortunately these people exist in life

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

The best bit about it was the old boy with the oversized oven glove and tiny bucket tasked with dealing with it almost in slow motion. Had a sort of Benny Hill quality. 

How dare you find any of this funny at all, people could of been seriously injured.

18 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

When the stand was built section 82 weren’t in that section they were in the atyeo, it’s not poor planning it’s asshole fans ruining it

The club had no intention of accommodating an unreserved/ singing section. They realised there was a need for one so housed it in the ‘eastend’ or rather the south east end. This happened to be directly behind a disabled section and, given the apparent issues the club had with us in the last season of the Atyeo, this was extremely poor forward planning from the club. However, all of these incidents add up for BS to eventually say no ‘singing section’

Archived