IGNORED

Flares

bristolcitysweden

19 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Yes mate you're right. But he could have been stopped at the first hurdle. Unfortunately these people exist in life

From what I've read flares can be very easy to smuggle in. The size of some of the devices...in your shoe, in your underpants. To name 2.

To blame security is a bit dubious IMO.

6 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

The club had no intention of accommodating an unreserved/ singing section. They realised there was a need for one so housed it in the ‘eastend’ or rather the south east end. This happened to be directly behind a disabled section and, given the apparent issues the club had with us in the last season of the Atyeo, this was extremely poor forward planning from the club. However, all of these incidents add up for BS to eventually say no ‘singing section’

Maybe people could just not chuck flares, and the singing/standing section could sing and stand to their heart's content, whilst those in the disabled section could sit and enjoy the game.

1 minute ago, Posset red said:

I think it’s outrageous i personally feel they should bring back the death penalty for such an offence 

I’m sure you wouldn’t be so flippant  if your son/brother had been killed by one like the 14 year old boy in Brazil a few years back. 

The fact is, they are a health risk. Not one to be ignored, and especially for fans who may be affected one that can cause harm

1 minute ago, Posset red said:

The obvious answer to this from now on is strip searching 

Well if the club can identify those who appear in support of this moron by their IP addresses I’d welcome it.  As long as the rest of us can point and laugh.

13 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I’m sure you wouldn’t be so flippant  if your son/brother had been killed by one like the 14 year old boy in Brazil a few years back. 

The fact is, they are a health risk. Not one to be ignored, and especially for fans who may be affected one that can cause harm

Someone also died going for a swim whilst it was hot. Shit happens in life, if you live it avoiding anything that may harm you, you probably won’t enjoy it.

anyway, smoke is healthyF1377092-30E1-4D95-9A97-68433C28CB52.thumb.jpeg.03bf58dff20abaa11fe03c56d1d794d9.jpegC12BB7A8-FF1C-44B4-8723-B3FFAA862D64.thumb.jpeg.43ff09904ae554b92229da706b47bdc9.jpeg81D1AF3D-8CF9-4B01-B088-6250862C57CD.jpeg.c7b5726aeab6f654eea8a0b7c66188ee.jpeg

F934C087-8182-492F-81B3-4975EC2A488E.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Posset red said:

Interesting 

AE704AA8-1A17-4A76-8A21-1A0943160643.jpeg

I think I am the least of the csf worries. 

Not sure the swear words in this should be shown on the forum, offence could be caused and criminal offence of a public order offence under Sec 5 could be committed . The flag has already been banned from Ashton gate for that reason 

38 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

Someone also died going for a swim whilst it was hot. Shit happens in life, if you live it avoiding anything that may harm you, you probably won’t enjoy it.

anyway, smoke is healthyF1377092-30E1-4D95-9A97-68433C28CB52.thumb.jpeg.03bf58dff20abaa11fe03c56d1d794d9.jpegC12BB7A8-FF1C-44B4-8723-B3FFAA862D64.thumb.jpeg.43ff09904ae554b92229da706b47bdc9.jpeg81D1AF3D-8CF9-4B01-B088-6250862C57CD.jpeg.c7b5726aeab6f654eea8a0b7c66188ee.jpeg

F934C087-8182-492F-81B3-4975EC2A488E.jpeg

And yet swimming is illegal, flares in stadia aren’t. 

I wonder why?

8 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

"Unfortunate" suggests there was no premeditation by the thrower. Which seems disingenuous at best.

I really don't care either way about flares, pyro, smoke, whatever, but the laws and regulations are clear, and I presume the person involved will have the duration of a stadium ban to ponder their behaviour next time.

And the argument the club are somehow at fault for putting a disabled fans' section in that corner doesn't hold water. The person shouldn't be bringing in the item, setting it off, and chucking it towards the pitch regardless of who is sat down the front of that area.

premeditation - have a look at yourself. The word alone insinuates some kind of grave misdemeanour bordering on murder. 

The lad had a couple of beers, wanted to rev up the atmosphere that we often moan about lacking at AG. 

I'm sure he would be horrified knowing that some bloke had a health issue related to his actions. 

The point that the club have cocked up the seating arrangements is valid, whether you like it or not.

Where there is a lively bunch, things like this will happen. And maybe my moral compass is askew, but I still don't understand the outrage that has followed what is a minor incident involving one person? He did not rampage into the disabled section causing harm to other city on purpose. The witch hunt and horror is absurd. 

And I'm gutted to have upset Julie, but yeah, there are bigger issues to worry about than one smoke bomb / flare or whatever it was. 

9 hours ago, STeveOELlis said:

I’m a fully an advocate of flares, however Saturdays incident was unfortunate, but it highlights the clubs’ lack of foresight/ understanding of fans/ willingness to accommodate all fans to have a disabled section directly in front of the designated area for - what the club see as - the most ‘high risk’ fans. This was once again evident at the Man Utd. match. Hopefully in the next few years with various stadium upgrades this issue could be sorted, but I doubt it with landsdowns desire of being prawn sandwich robins fc

Why should a club hell bent on spending huge sums to accommodate as many folks as possible in as safe and comfortable an environment as possible even consider 'accommodating' f'wits desires? 

Here's an idea - if you don't like or are unable to follow the basic rules of guidance provided sod off and bother somebody else and let those of us interested in watching football get on with it. Trust me, the behaviour and attitude displayed by what you incorrectly term an "unfortunate," incident is and never was anything of the sort.

What will be unfortunate is as and when somebody gets injured (or worse) by such behaviour some of us 'old school' on the terraces might just revert to our youth.

10 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

premeditation - have a look at yourself. The word alone insinuates some kind of grave misdemeanour bordering on murder. 

The lad had a couple of beers, wanted to rev up the atmosphere that we often moan about lacking at AG. 

I'm sure he would be horrified knowing that some bloke had a health issue related to his actions. 

The point that the club have cocked up the seating arrangements is valid, whether you like it or not.

Where there is a lively bunch, things like this will happen. And maybe my moral compass is askew, but I still don't understand the outrage that has followed what is a minor incident involving one person? He did not rampage into the disabled section causing harm to other city on purpose. The witch hunt and horror is absurd. 

And I'm gutted to have upset Julie, but yeah, there are bigger issues to worry about than one smoke bomb / flare or whatever it was. 

Why have the club cocked up? Because some weapons-grade bellend decided to chuck a smoke flare?

As stated before, I couldn't care either way to be outraged, but defending the actions and apportioning blame to the club, is laughable.

No concept of seriousness of an act re premeditation, in case you wondered:

premeditation
/ˌpriːmɛdɪˈteɪʃn,prɪˌmɛdɪˈteɪʃn/

noun
  1. the action of planning something (especially a crime) beforehand; intent.
    "the defendant said there was no planning or premeditation"
    synonyms: planning, intent, forethought, pre-planning, advance planning, prearrangement, deliberation; 

the Banner first appeared in on the lads day out in weston ...i dont think much thought has been put into it and i dont think it helps ....I would also like to say i like the red smoke but as long as it does not effect other people ...i dont think it is a good place to put disable people right under that section ..I know there will be lots of people who will say i am stupid but think it adds to the occasion ....on the same day the 3 lions had there flag day ..and i decided with the landlords permission to get my mates to marshal the event as it is getting bigger and bigger each year ..we checked all flares and smoke grenades to make sure they were all safe to hold ...we even destroyed 4 flares which we did not like the look of ..we supplied sand buckets for the used flares to be put in to ...i think we done a very good job of keeping the crowd off the road and hundreds and hundreds of city fans of all ages enjoyed a great day 

25 minutes ago, stephen gardiner said:

I would also like to say i like the red smoke but as long as it does not effect other people ...

I assume in your spare time you're an Avenger in the guise of 'Anti Brownian Motion Man'.

On the other hand invent a system where you are able to control smoke and you'll end up the richest man in Christendom, the construction and fire containment design  industries will shout your name from the rooftops......

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Why have the club cocked up? Because some weapons-grade bellend decided to chuck a smoke flare?

As stated before, I couldn't care either way to be outraged, but defending the actions and apportioning blame to the club, is laughable.

No concept of seriousness of an act re premeditation, in case you wondered:

premeditation
/ˌpriːmɛdɪˈteɪʃn,prɪˌmɛdɪˈteɪʃn/

noun
  1. the action of planning something (especially a crime) beforehand; intent.
    "the defendant said there was no planning or premeditation"
    synonyms: planning, intent, forethought, pre-planning, advance planning, prearrangement, deliberation; 

Actually, yes, and thanks for answering the question yourself: by placing a disabled section in front of the liveliest of our fans the club has, in all essence, either been grossly stupid or... doesn't give a monkeys about the consequences.

It's great you believe in unicorns, but a football crowd of 20,000 or so is not going to entirely behave to the high standards you set - that is a fact, and it is naive at best to expect them to (and let's, for one moment, forget if in itself that's right or wrong). With that in mind, what plank decides to place a disabled section in front of the section that is most liable to be having a beer and getting boisterous? 

Where is the logic? I'm puzzled. 

5 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Actually, yes, and thanks for answering the question yourself: by placing a disabled section in front of the liveliest of our fans the club has, in all essence, either been grossly stupid or... doesn't give a monkeys about the consequences.

It's great you believe in unicorns, but a football crowd of 20,000 or so is not going to entirely behave to the high standards you set - that is a fact, and it is naive at best to expect them to. With that in mind, what plank decides to place a disabled section in front of the section that is most liable to be having a beer and getting boisterous? 

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. I've been hammered and boisterous at games (United being a prime example) yet somehow managed to not break the laws on bringing in pyro into the ground and chucking them towards the pitch. Maybe that is the "high standard" of behaviour to which you refer.

Again, apportioning blame to the club for this is laughable.

25 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I assume in your spare time you're an Avenger in the guise of 'Anti Brownian Motion Man'.

On the other hand invent a system where you are able to control smoke and you'll end up the richest man in Christendom, the construction and fire containment design  industries will shout your name from the rooftops......

Wouldn't they be better placed using smoke signals?

7 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. I've been hammered and boisterous at games (United being a prime example) yet somehow managed to not break the laws on bringing in pyro into the ground and chucking them towards the pitch. Maybe that is the "high standard" of behaviour to which you refer.

Again, apportioning blame to the club for this is laughable.

No, not apportioning blame to the club - read my post again, then maybe re-read it a couple more times if that helps? Not sure why you are struggling to understand that i think the club have been utterly bonkers to place disabled fans in front of our lively lot? That's not blaming them, sorry if you've misunderstood :) 

3 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

No, not apportioning blame to the club - read my post again, then maybe re-read it a couple more times if that helps? Not sure why you are struggling to understand that i think the club have been utterly bonkers to place disabled fans in front of our lively lot? That's not blaming them, sorry if you've misunderstood :) 

So you are saying that disabled fans should be discriminated against and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the singing section

32 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

It's great you believe in unicorns, but a football crowd of 20,000 or so is not going to entirely behave to the high standards you set - that is a fact, and it is naive at best to expect them to (and let's, for one moment, forget if in itself that's right or wrong). With that in mind, what plank decides to place a disabled section in front of the section that is most liable to be having a beer and getting boisterous? 

Where is the logic? I'm puzzled. 

Do you not think that those who are too unwell to control their emotions might have been better off electing to sit away from disabled supporters?

The redevelopment plans were pretty clear from the start.

8 minutes ago, Big C said:

So you are saying that disabled fans should be discriminated against and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the singing section

The poster could easily be making a point about safety and risk assessment here.

36 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Archived